• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Hidden

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Cats ruffle my feathers. I don't like them." Yato grumbled, rolling her eyes at Adrian.

"Ruffle feathers," Bria began snickering, "Oh, we have board games in the shelves."

It wouldn't be too long before Rose and Zach had returned downstairs, and the latter made his way into the kitchen.

Xavier let the scalding hot water run over him for what seemed like an eternity. He didn't mind the oppressive heat of the shower or the steam that was quickly building up. It allowed him a few moments to think. The previous day had frankly been a disaster. After he'd cleared out his little snitch problem, he'd been on his way home when a group of street thugs had tried to mug him. While Xavier had dispatched the trio with ease, he hadn't been able to vacate the scene before being spotted. And even though he hadn't even used a weapon in the process, it was still what one would consider a triple homicide. That had led to a series of convoluted events that had led to another bloodbath in order to preserve his secret and protect the secret of the safe house he called home.

It wasn't the kills that weighed on him. They were humans and thus the enemy after all. It was the fact that he knew that he was walking a very thin line. He liked the other denizens of the safe house and he had come to realize that his... his very nature put them in danger. It would only be a matter of time before the human race came crashing down on him like a tidal wave. And their numbers were far too great. As Xavier cleaned his weapons in the shower, his thoughts became increasingly erratic. For fleeting moments he considered giving it all up. The others seemed happy in their lives, perhaps he could simply stop killing and settle into the daily routine. But that would mean getting some kind of normal job and frankly his only marketable skills involved the art of assassination.

And then he forced himself to remember why he did what he did. Each of the scars on his body told a story. But two in particular that couldn't be seen... they were why he did what he did. As a boy, he had been executed in cold blood by the humans who had killed his parents. Except with his bloodlines, the gunshot to the head hadn't been enough to kill him. The entrance and exit wounds were hidden by his blond hair, but if one ran their hands through, the scars could be felt. His mother. His father. His family, his legacy, his ancestral home, his way of life... all of that had been taken from him. And it was because of that he would never give up the fight. He would never walk away. The human race was an occupying army and history taught him the only solution for such a thing was blood.

And yet there were things that threatened to provide a distraction. Myn, Nicolette, Rose... they all presented a challenge to be overcome. They threatened to push him away from the call. "Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed Nomini tuo da gloriam." He murmured to himself as he stepped out of the shower. "Deus vult." Xavier reminded himself bluntly. "God wills it." With that, he had sternly reminded himself of the only path forward.

And so he retreated to his room with only his towel wrapped around his waist. His blades needed to sharpened, his firearms cleaned and reloaded. There were many targets left to hunt and slay after all.

"You sure missed the gun show," Bria commented to Rose, causing the red haired woman to turn around.

"What gun show?" she asked, causing the younger tenant to smirk.

"You missed Xavier going shirtless." this caused Rose to laugh and shake her head.

"Honey, I've gotten quite acquainted with him when I went into the shower with him the first time," she spoke so flawlessly with a soft smile before walking away. That wasn't even the truth, but, it was enough to cause Bria's jaw to drop in shock.

Rose just laughed as she went back into the kitchen.

"Maybe you're right, dear," she spoke to Adrian.

"If you don't have a problem with birds, everything will be fine, I think." Yato remarked, running a hand through her floofy rainbow hair. She then started upstairs, in search of her room.

"I don't think you could handle him," Rose retorted back with a smile, "Now I on the other hand, could keep him quite satisfied."

"Rose, please not in front of the guests," Aadya suggested, clearly becoming uncomfortable.

"Oh, right, my apologies, Aadya."

Adrian was about to retort but didn't so as to not annoy Aadya. He did however walk up to Rose and bend down to her ear. "You wouldn't be saying that if you've experienced me. Don't worry. Safety and Kari first." And like that he walked away.

"'Theoretically that is besides the point,' Rin points out with a bored tone," the android muttered, suddenly making themselves present in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom