• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Hidden

Status
Not open for further replies.
"So, we need to go to the black market soon," Bria spoke to Elric, "We need to get some more blood since another vampire is staying with us."

"Alright," Elric replied, "You'll need to make the trip before the snow storm hits. We have another day to prepare, but it would be best to gather the resources tonight."

"The aesthetics of this place aren't too shabby," Yato muttered to herself with a chuckle, thoughts leaning towards Xavier. "Sure, I may not swing like that, but pretty boys are nice to look at."

"Sure, there's hot guys, but my heart is taken," Bria nodded, "I'm perfectly content with my little bug."

"Little bug, is that what kids call it now and days?" Rose blurted out with a snicker.

"Eh. I wouldn't know." Yato shrugged, riddling with the feather in her hand. It was one of hers, that of a gryphon's. It was just as floofy as her hair.

"Yes," Nicolette bluntly said to Rose. "Next time someone attempts to show you their bug collection, take caution."

Xavier had shaved and cleaned up, looking like a new man when he made his way back downstairs. He was wearing one of his vests and a black collared shirt with the sleeves rolled up. However, his usual watch was missing. He caught the tail end of the conversation and foolishly hopped in. "Insects and arachnids are fascinating creatures." He mused. "Even with their small size they're some of the toughest animals around with interesting defense mechanisms. There's this one ant that has such a ferocious bite that some people say it hurts as much or more than taking a bullet... I find that hard to believe personally..." He trailed off, realizing that this seemed... weird.

"I think roaches are the most interesting. They've lived for billions of years hardly changing. They continue to survive and they can even live for a week without their head. And that's only because they can't eat or drink without it."

Bria just facepalmed. Oh how she regretted calling Ant by his nickname.

"Brown recluse spiders are just jerks," Rose commented with a frown, "Step on one barefoot, and they chase you onto your bed. Yes, I'm a vampire, but I'm terrified of spiders. Those things freak me out."

"Praying mantises are cool to look at," Yato added (un)helpfully.

"When I was a boy, I had a fear of spiders." Xavier said, putting on a pretty awful French accent. "I was told they felt no emotion, that their hearts never beat, but I know the truth..." He paused as if to be dramatic. "At the moment of the kill, they are never more alive."

"You're right," Rose replied with a frown, "They live for the kill. If we see any, we should burn down everything."

"I wonder who named those things," Nicolette absentmindedly said, referring to daddy long legs. "Like imagine?"

Xavier was about to comment further when he felt his phone vibrate. His eyes lit up and he smiled brightly as he expected to hear the opening bars to Radioactive by Imagine Dragons. And then... he didn't. And his shoulders instantly slumped and his smile turned into a frown when the ring was the generic default tone, not the one he'd picked out for...

Looking at his phone, Xavier sighed. The last person he wanted to hear from. He quickly stood up and left the room. Once he was clear, he answered.

"Father Sean." Xavier stated flatly. Clearly he wasn't happy to be receiving such a call

"Is that any way to greet your priest and spiritual guide?" Unlike Xavier, Father Sean was a more jovial sort. More importantly, he was also a morning person.

"I'm just shocked you're still alive after all these years." Xavier had a point. His childhood priest and the man who had saved his life... it had been almost twenty years since the day that had changed everything.

"And I see you still haven't gotten humor down. For all the books you've read, I thought you'd have mastered comedic timing by now." Father Sean was avoiding his reason for calling, something Xavier picked up on.

"This isn't a social call Father." Xavier was blunt. "What's up."

Hearing Father Sean sigh on the other end of the line wasn't something Xavier was accustomed to. "I read the news Xavier. I know what you've been up to in Denver." Xavier raised an eyebrow. "What on earth happened last night?"

"Got caught in a jam. Was trying to plug a leak, someone who could identify me and the cause. Nearly got mugged by some toughs. Killed them with my bare hands... well just my legs actually but that's not the point. Got caught disposing of the bodies, so had to clean up that mess... and well you apparently read the newspaper before I did this morning, so you know the rest." Xavier rattled off, sounding annoyed.

"You're spending too much time in one place to act like this." Father Sean muttered.

"I know, but I owe it to them. After all, I may have exposed their safehouse due to my carelessness." Xavier spoke barely above a whisper now.

"Perhaps its best you pack up and move on then. Before you get them hurt." The ancient priest advised kindly.

"Perhaps. I'll consider it. Thank you Father." Clearly annoyed, Xavier hung up.

Ken let out a yawn as he stretched out his limbs, having placed his bag down onto his bed. 'Well that takes care of that," he said to himself. He wondered if there were people who had some kind of life epiphany while settling into new roomes, he sure wasn't one of them. "Well I better get down to get some food," he said to himself as he set his sword down and began making his way back down to the others. While making his way down he noticed that Xavier seemed to have separated himself from the others and was talking with someone on the phone. He made sure to stay hidden behind a wall, raising an eyebrow in curiosity as he listened in on the conversation. Just what was he talking about?

He decided to back up a bit but ended up almost tripping as he stepped back, causing him to let out a loud grunt as he tried to maintain his balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom