• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HOLIDAY EVENT: Secret Santa 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzap

No thoughts, head empty
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Happy holiday season everyone!

The staff has been working hard planning a new seasonal event for y'all! If you've ever played Secret Santa before, then you should know how this will generally go, but here are the specifics for how we're going to run this.
  1. Anyone who wants to play will sign up by expressing your interest in this thread. Sign-ups will stay up for about a week. If you would like to, you can answer some of the questions listed at the end of this OP in your interest post to help your Secret Santa know what to give you.
  2. Once everyone is signed up, I'll randomly assign each of you to another player. Remember this is SECRET Santa, you won't know who has you and nobody will know who you have, so don't tell anyone. ;)
  3. After you are assigned to your player, you will have a few days to create a theme (avatar, signature, and then location and usertitle if you want) to "gift" to them, and they will use it throughout the season. Send those to me and I will forward it to your gift-receiver. Try to make sure what they receive is a final product, ready to use.
This is meant to be fun all around, but there are a few rules you need to keep in mind:
  • Keep Themes Appropriate and Friendly You can go silly, seasonal, something you just think your user will like, but just remember to keep them in line with the forum rules and don't give them something that is too embarrassing or purposefully mean-spirited.
  • Use Your Assigned Theme By signing up you are agreeing to use the theme you are assigned, even if it's not exactly what you expected or even if it's just a little embarrassing. That's all part of the fun. :) If you really don't feel comfortable with your assigned theme, let me know and I'll try to work something out.
  • Stay on Time Please try to produce a theme in a timely fashion. If you think you're going to be absolutely swamped over the next couple of weeks then you might want to consider passing this year. If this is successful we'll definitely do it again though! If something comes up during the prep period, let me know and again I can try to work something out.
Optional Questions for Gift Recipients:
  • Do you have a favorite movie or genre of movie?
  • Video game? TV show? Book series? Song/Artist?
  • What is your favorite color?
  • Do you have any favorite celebrities or fictional characters?
  • What is your favorite Pokémon or Pokémon character?
  • Do you have any interests or hobbies you really enjoy that wasn't covered by the other questions?
  • Is anything completely off limits as a gift? (you can PM me personally if you'd like and I can let only your Secret Santa know if it's more personal)
I'm very excited to see what everyone comes up with! Have fun, and happy holidays! :D

Players
  1. Elementar
  2. Lord_Garurumon
  3. leetic
  4. Max1996
  5. Doctor Floptopus
  6. The Force of Nature
  7. BadAssGardevoir
  8. MatrixChap
  9. Maniacal Engineer

Last edited:
I'll give it a go.
Do you have a favorite movie or genre of movie?
Kingsman. And hero films.
Video game? TV show? Book series?
Layton/Ace Attorney/Zelda, Doctor Who/Merlin/Elementary, Harry Potter/Percy Jackson/H.I.V.E
What is your favorite color?
Blue or royal purple.
Do you have any favorite celebrities or fictional characters?
Layton, Edgeworth, Draco Malfoy.
What is your favorite Pokémon or Pokémon character?
IDK. Empoleon, gardevoir, bisharp, Datrix, galvantula.
Do you have any interests or hobbies you really enjoy that wasn't covered by the other questions?
I play cello.
Is anything completely off limits as a gift? (you can PM me personally if you'd like and I can let only your Secret Santa know if it's more personal)
Nope, so long as it's not borderline inappropriate (like boobs).

Last edited:
  • Staff
I'm in, though...I'm not very good at making art, but I'll do my best.
You don't necessarily have to draw anything, you can construct a theme out of existing images like most people make themes for themselves.

But making something original can be fun if you want to give it a try

I shall join up.
  • Do you have a favorite movie or genre of movie?
Zootopia is my favorite. I like animated movies.
  • Video game? TV show? Book series? Song/Artist?
Pokémon Sun right now, Wafku/Young Justice, Sonic Universe, and Knight of the Wind.
  • What is your favorite color?
Dark blue.
  • Do you have any favorite celebrities or fictional characters?
Evangelyne from Wakfu, Superboy from Young Justice, etc etc.
  • What is your favorite Pokémon or Pokémon character?
Jirachi. For trainers, my favorite is Drayden.
  • Do you have any interests or hobbies you really enjoy that wasn't covered by the other questions?
I love drawing, writing, and of course, gaming.

Last edited:
Well, this looks interesting... I guess I'll sign up for this too.

Oh, and here's my answers for those interest question things that the lot of you seem to have been ignoring:

Do you have a favorite movie or genre of movie?
I can't name a favourite movie off the top of my head, but it'd probably be something animated. Does that count as a genere? Because it's good enough for me.

Video game? TV show? Book series? Song/Artist?
Video game? Either Okami or Xenoblade Chronicles.
TV show? Either Friendship is Magic or No Game No Life. Oh, and either Mythbusters or Doctor Who if we're talking stuff that isn't animated.
Book series? ...I haven't really read any books I particularly liked recently, but when I was younger I was really into pretty much anything by Emilly Rodda.
Song/Artist? Either Green Day or Owl City though I prefer video game music and FIM's songs over either of them but that's besides the point.

What is your favorite color?
I like quite a lot of colours, though if I had to choose, I'd go with... green, I guess.

Do you have any favorite celebrities or fictional characters?
Celebrities? Nope. Fictional characters? ...The only one I can think of off the top of my head (that doesn't happen to be some kind of miniture equine) is Xenoblade Chronicles' Shulk.

What is your favorite Pokémon or Pokémon character?
I don't have a favourite Pokémon in particular, but I am rather fond of the majority of Fairy types for reasons that should become obvious should one take a look at my sig.

Do you have any interests or hobbies you really enjoy that wasn't covered by the other questions?
Well, I am rather fond of several Youtube channels - The Completionist/Super Beard Bros., Extra Credits and Caddicirus, to name a few.

Is anything completely off limits as a gift? (you can PM me personally if you'd like and I can let only your Secret Santa know if it's more personal)
Anything to do with 'reality' television.

...That took longer then I expected, I hope my answers are able to provide a decent idea of what kind of theme to make.

Currently planning on leaving this open for two or three more days, if anyone is planning on signing up go ahead and do so when you get the chance!

NOTE: Signups will be closing tomorrow, so if there's anyone who wants to sign up this is your last chance.

Because somebody asked about this I thought it was worth mentioning, I will be checking to make sure sigs are within the limits explained in the global forum rules. If you're not sure what those limits are I suggest you go back and refresh yourself on all of the rules, but here's the sig rule specifically for convenience sake:
2. Don't have a signature outside the allowed limits (Excessive signature, 2 points, 1 month)
-The combined size of all images and text should not exceed 600 pixels wide, 160 tall, and 500 kB. Spoiler tags, scroll bars, etc are not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom