• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Holiday Mafia 2016 - Endgame: Krampusnacht (Mafia and Indep Victory) 7/1/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really regretting not doing this last day phase, but it's do-or-die now for both me and town so I really urge everyone to pay attention:

I am not a 1x absorber. I'm not town at all; I'm an independent lyncher. Technically my win-con is anti-town because I have to lynch Santa who pretty much has to be town. I have two separate abilities to help me accomplish my mission, and one of which you guys saw last day phase when I redirected the lynch onto WolfOwl. I thought she was bluffing about her claim and that she was actually Santa, and knowing she had practically zero chance of being lynched otherwise, I went for it in a last-ditch effort to win.

At this point, the odds of me winning are pretty much zilch and it sucks. But if I'm lynched then town's odds of winning are no better since this is MYLO (or LYLO, I can never remember which is which, but you know what I mean). And if I have to die, I'd at least want the dignity of losing in the endgame if I can help it.

Really regretting not doing this last day phase, but it's do-or-die now for both me and town so I really urge everyone to pay attention:

I am not a 1x absorber. I'm not town at all; I'm an independent lyncher. Technically my win-con is anti-town because I have to lynch Santa who pretty much has to be town. I have two separate abilities to help me accomplish my mission, and one of which you guys saw last day phase when I redirected the lynch onto WolfOwl. I thought she was bluffing about her claim and that she was actually Santa, and knowing she had practically zero chance of being lynched otherwise, I went for it in a last-ditch effort to win.

At this point, the odds of me winning are pretty much zilch and it sucks. But if I'm lynched then town's odds of winning are no better since this is MYLO (or LYLO, I can never remember which is which, but you know what I mean). And if I have to die, I'd at least want the dignity of losing in the endgame if I can help it.

And why would you 1x Absorb a Back-up Cop...?

The absorbing part was a total lie in my sad little attempt to avoid claiming my anti-town role. No part of my role involves absorbing.
So what is your other ability?
It's to steal a player's vote. So yes, I'm the one who had been making Human voteless since I figured he would be my biggest threat to winning/most likely to ever vote me and I had no idea how to use it any better anyway since it doesn't directly help me.

To check his claim? And that question is pointless anyway, since she lied about even having that power?
Regardless and more importantly, Lylo is a pretty good time for me to claim openly, I suppose. I'm the actual indep survivor here. I contacted and claimed to WolfOwl since I thought she was either another survivor or, if lying about her claim, likely mafia and therefore safe to claim my survivor status to, and either way, a potentially helpful ally.
At this point, neither side gains anything from killing me. I do not count toward parity conditions nor have any interest in affecting them, and I am voteless as well, so I can't anyway.
I'm not taking any side now, this is simply a formal declaration that I really couldn't care less who wins. Enjoy~ ^~^

The absorbing part was a total lie in my sad little attempt to avoid claiming my anti-town role. No part of my role involves absorbing.

It's to steal a player's vote. So yes, I'm the one who had been making Human voteless since I figured he would be my biggest threat to winning/most likely to ever vote me and I had no idea how to use it any better anyway since it doesn't directly help me.

*prepares Danganronpa styled execution*

To check his claim? And that question is pointless anyway, since she lied about even having that power?
Regardless and more importantly, Lylo is a pretty good time for me to claim openly, I suppose. I'm the actual indep survivor here. I contacted and claimed to WolfOwl since I thought she was either another survivor or, if lying about her claim, likely mafia and therefore safe to claim my survivor status to, and either way, a potentially helpful ally.
At this point, neither side gains anything from killing me. I do not count toward parity conditions nor have any interest in affecting them, and I am voteless as well, so I can't anyway.
I'm not taking any side now, this is simply a formal declaration that I really couldn't care less who wins. Enjoy~ ^~^

whoops

Yeah that checks out with what WolfOwl told me, minus the Voteless part. Would you mind voting anyway to prove that you're really Voteless?

With 8 players left, I see two Mafia if FinalArcadia is telling the truth, and if not, three Mafia (though two Mafia if one has a 1x Lynch Redirector is possible).

Yeah that checks out with what WolfOwl told me, minus the Voteless part. Would you mind voting anyway to prove that you're really Voteless?
Why not? Vote: HumanDawn :3

If you lied about being a 1x absorber and you only have those two abilities (one of which you claim to have used on WolfOwl and the other on HD), why did you admit to have visited DB the other night?

If you lied about being a 1x absorber and you only have those two abilities (one of which you claim to have used on WolfOwl and the other on HD), why did you admit to have visited DB the other night?
Honestly, I just assumed I got bus drove or some kind of redirect happened. And Pikochu was copchecked so I figured he couldn't be lying about having seen me visit DrumBeats, so it felt safer to just assume that's what happened because if Piko saw me visit DB, then he saw me. Obviously it didn't work out for me given that I had to use my lynch redirect last day phase lol, but at that point I was praying WolfOwl's lynch would win me the game and I'd be out anyway.

Honestly, I just assumed I got bus drove or some kind of redirect happened. And Pikochu was copchecked so I figured he couldn't be lying about having seen me visit DrumBeats, so it felt safer to just assume that's what happened because if Piko saw me visit DB, then he saw me. Obviously it didn't work out for me given that I had to use my lynch redirect last day phase lol, but at that point I was praying WolfOwl's lynch would win me the game and I'd be out anyway.

But... if there was Bus Driving involved, then wouldn't Pikochu's result be affected by the Bus too? You admitted to making me Voteless, and during Day 4, I was proven to be Voteless, not DrumBeats. You'd need to have actually tried making DrumBeats Voteless Night 3 for it to make sense for you to think a Bus Driver could be involved.

But... if there was Bus Driving involved, then wouldn't Pikochu's result be affected by the Bus too? You admitted to making me Voteless, and during Day 4, I was proven to be Voteless, not DrumBeats. You'd need to have actually tried making DrumBeats Voteless Night 3 for it to make sense for you to think a Bus Driver could be involved.
Actually I think you might be right about that in regards to bus driver; for some reason I kept thinking it was when the driver picks one player and makes their actions affect another player. It doesn't really matter though since the gist of what I was saying is that I figured something had to have screwed up my steal. If anyone other than a copchecked player like Pikochu had said it, I would've found the watch result stranger and objected, but Pikochu has no reason to lie when he's pretty much in the clear with no motive to suddenly want me lynched.

By the time vote tallies were posted, the damage was done and admittedly I didn't pay much attention to the tally other than the fact that I was the clear majority. At that point, what really could I have said? I already thought I got watched somehow visiting DB and owned up to it (...mostly anyway, minus the bit about my role), so it's not like if I had even noticed the votes were off that I could've come back in like "false alarm guys, turns out my action was on Human and even though I said it was on DB, jk I actually set it on Human on him, who, by the way, is copchecked but I made voteless this phase, don't lynch me." I'm doing it now, but at this point I have to since my redirect didn't give me the miraculous outcome I was hoping for.

Actually I think you might be right about that in regards to bus driver; for some reason I kept thinking it was when the driver picks one player and makes their actions affect another player. It doesn't really matter though since the gist of what I was saying is that I figured something had to have screwed up my steal. If anyone other than a copchecked player like Pikochu had said it, I would've found the watch result stranger and objected, but Pikochu has no reason to lie when he's pretty much in the clear with no motive to suddenly want me lynched.

By the time vote tallies were posted, the damage was done and admittedly I didn't pay much attention to the tally other than the fact that I was the clear majority. At that point, what really could I have said? I already thought I got watched somehow visiting DB and owned up to it (...mostly anyway, minus the bit about my role), so it's not like if I had even noticed the votes were off that I could've come back in like "false alarm guys, turns out my action was on Human and even though I said it was on DB, jk I actually set it on Human on him, who, by the way, is copchecked but I made voteless this phase, don't lynch me." I'm doing it now, but at this point I have to since my redirect didn't give me the miraculous outcome I was hoping for.

You'd object anyway like with Slife because that's not what you did. You could have tried going against Slife too to try to save a 1x Redirect at least or Santa hunt.

What would happen if Santa was Nightkilled/you failed to vote Santa and lynch them?

You'd object anyway like with Slife because that's not what you did. You could have tried going against Slife too to try to save a 1x Redirect at least or Santa hunt.
Like I said, the fact that it was Pikochu who said he watched me visit DrumBeats is what heavily influenced my state of mind at the time. I realize now that it would have been better to do so, but at the time my first thought was that someone tampered with my steal. If Pikochu saw me visit DrumBeats, the odds of him believing that I didn't target him seem like they'd be incredibly slim. I wouldn't believe it in his position. I still don't understand what happened with his watching that. The whole situation was confusing and I panicked and reacted in the way I thought best for self-preservation: to "own up" to targeting DB. Nobody was going to believe me either way, especially if this phase is anything to go by. I haven't had a whole lot of opportunities to learn how to be an independent very well, much less an anti-town one.

I had reasons to believe that WolfOwl was a likely Santa though. The fact that she claimed indep survivor (the most generic of indep claims for one thing) while I am an indep made me wonder about her truthfulness. She was very invested in scumhunting in a way that seemed like she could be actually town, and if so, then it seemed likely that she had a good ability she wanted to protect by claiming indep so she wouldn't die. Santa must be a power role, so WolfOwl for my redirect I really thought might save me and get me out of here with a win. I decided to ride out the phase on that hope.
What would happen if Santa was Nightkilled/you failed to vote Santa and lynch them?
If Santa dies by anything other than a lynch I'm a part of or my redirect, then I lose and exit the game for failing my win-con.

1. If you steal votes, wouldn't you gain two votes for each phase? It didn't seem that way in the vote counts.
2. Why would you target HumanDawn, a generally town read player, everyday to steal their vote? What was so special about HD that you needed to steal their vote constantly?

Half Phase Votals:

FinalArcadia: VI (Elementar, HumanDawn, Slife, Pikochu, Max1996, DarthWolf13)
HumanDawn: 0 (Hellcrow)

Apologies for missing the quarter phase votals. I had a bit of a groggy start this morning.

Anyway, phase ends in just over 24 hours. Although I might end the phase 12 hours early if the outcome is unlikely to change.

Last edited:
Wait, zero? Is HC voteless?

That's what he claimed. Could be that FA targeted him, which would explain the full votes of the vote count. No decrease. We could try proving if Hellcrow is Voteless tomorrow.

Night 5: Green with Envy
2. @Max1996
3. @Elementar
4. @Slife
5. @Pikochu
7. @Soaringdylan
9. @CheffOfGames
10. @DarthWolf13
13. @Hellcrow
14. @FinalArcadia
15. @HumanDawn
@Maniacal Engineer @TheCapsFan @Zexy
@AussieEevee @BadAssGardevoir

Due to the phase outcome being fairly inevitable, I've decided to update the phase 11 hours early. Enjoy!

Final Phase Votals:

FinalArcadia: VI (Elementar, HumanDawn, Slife, Pikochu, Max1996, DarthWolf13)
HumanDawn: 0 (Hellcrow)

Night 5: Green With Envy

It seemed the heroes would at last save the day.
This time there was nothing to stand in their way.
Their efforts were finally greatly rewarded.
They found one who their votes he hoarded.

A green man without any holiday spirit at all.
His heart was, by far, several sizes too small.
As he was done in by the intrepid protagonists,
He vowed that he was not the last of the antagonists.

Dear FinalArcadia,

grinch.jpg

The Grinch said:
MAX. HELP ME... I'm FEELING.

The embodiment of grumpiness and anti-Christmas spirit himself, you are The Grinch.
First created by Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel, AKA Dr. Seuss, in 1957, your first appearance was in the iconic story How the Grinch Stole Christmas! This story is so popular and widespread that, to this day, the word Grinch is used to describe anyone who doesn't have any holiday spirit.
You are a green furry recluse who lives on a cliff overlooking the cheerful town of Whoville. Your only company is your long suffering dog, Max. You despited the Whos and were annoyed by their boisterousness and happiness, especially during the Christmas season. You were irritated by the happiness of others and derived happiness from spoiling other people's fun.
One year, you got especially annoyed with the Whos and decided to steal Christmas. Aided by Max, whom you attempted to dress up as a reindeer, you donned the red suit and hat of Santa Claus and headed to Whoville on Christmas Eve.
Together, you and Max break into all of the Who's homes and steal their Christmas decorations, their presents, and their Christmas feasts, although you are very nearly caught in the act by Cindy Lou Who.
In spite of the success of your genius plan, you wake up Christmas Morning to find all the Whos gathered in their town square, holding hands and cheerfully singing carols.
From this, you conclude that the holiday has more meaning than just presents and decorations, so you lament and return everything that you stole, and even go as far as to celebrate Christmas with the Whos.
You are most well known for stealing Christmas, and you've proven that you can steal pretty much anything you want to. As such, you are the Vote Thief. During the night, you may PM the hosts Steal (player)'s presents, and that player's vote will not count the following phase.
You are allied with the Seasonal Scoundrels, and you win when all hostile factions are eliminated or this is unavoidable.

Now FinalArcadia had stolen her last vote.
But town could not end on that particular note.
For other evildoers are still out there scheming.
A year without holidays is what they are dreaming.

It is now Night 5. The phase will end at 11:00am U.S Central Standard Time on 3/1/17. Possibly up to 12 hours early if all actions are in by 11:00pm 12 hours from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom