• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Holiday Mafia 2016 - Endgame: Krampusnacht (Mafia and Indep Victory) 7/1/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

Greetings, Mafia fans, it is I, your lovable and hilarious host, Magical Elf Maniacal Engineer!

The snow is falling, the eggnog is flowing, and the smell of frying latkes is in the air...at least at my house.
As an unofficial part of Bulbagarden's 8th Annual Christmas Events, the War Room Staff has decided to deck the halls and host a festive winter holiday themed mafia game.
So gather round the Christmas tree and pull out your dreydels because it's gonna be one heck of a dizzy ride!

For those who have no idea of Mafia, the mechanics are simple. Everyone will be split into two teams, the uninformed majority known as Holiday Heroes, and the informed minority known as Seasonal Scoundrels There is also the possibility of independent players in the game.

The game has two phases, day and night. On the night phase, the Mafia can kill one player, eliminating them from the game. On the day phase, the innocents that the mafias chose to kill will be announced, and the innocents try to think who is a mafia. Of course that would be too easy, so the mafia can join in and try to sway their judgements. In this phase, everyone votes as to who will be lynched for that day, and after that, their alignment (whether they are town or mafia) would be revealed and the night phase starts again.

The roles are randomly assigned to each cast member, and some of them have special abilities, called Night Actions. They are basically powers that can help or hinder your team. They may able to inspect your alignment, kill one player, save one player, etc etc.
Dear Maniacal Engineer,

78329.jpg

Okay, what the heck.
Let's throw a Jew into a Christmas themed mafia game. Why not? Somebody will be amused.
You are Maniacal Engineer, the unsung hero who saved Christmas during last year's Christmas Mafia.
You were Mason partners with Elieson and, after laying down a series of breadcrumbs to link yourself and Elie, you successfully baited the N1 kill. Your death confirmed Elie as town, which directly resulted in a relatively painless victory for the town, through efforts coordinated by Elieson.
In spite of your ridiculously early death, you view Christmas Mafia as your first "successful" mafia game, because your death actually accomplished something, as opposed to all of the times where you died pointlessly.
The biggest irony here? You're Jewish.

You are the War Room staff's resident goofball, and you're always making stupid puns. As such, you are the Flavor Text Writer. It is your job write the OP, the role text, and the update text. You win if everybody enjoys reading the flavor text.
1. Forum Rules and War Room Rules apply. If this is your first time playing a mafia game in the War Room, please take the time to read the rules thread.
2. Day phases will last 48 hours and Night phases will last 24 hours. Votes and actions will be locked as soon as the deadline for each phase passes. Votes/actions at :00 count, those at :01 don't.
3. Please be active. You may be subbed out at the host's discretion. If no sub is available to take your place, you may be modkilled.
4. Role claiming is allowed. Name claiming isn't allowed. No quoting or screenshots of any conversation with the host, unless your role PM lists exceptions. This includes exact wincon wording and posting fake data that supposedly comes from said sources.
5. If you change your username mid-game, please state your old and new ones in-thread and mention the hosts.
6. To vote, use the following format: "VOTE: <PLAYER>". To unvote, use "UNVOTE: <PLAYER>".
7. Rules are subject to change. The hosts will make sure to mention you if that happens.
8.No loophole abuse at all, please. You may ask the host(s) if a specific action you are unsure over would be considered a loophole in private and they may let it slide. However, obvious loopholes that are clearly outside the nature of the game abused without informing me beforehand may be faced with a zero-tolerance policy.
8. To prove that you have read the rules, please post your favorite holiday meme when signing up.
9. Don't get Maniacal Engineer drunk off of eggnog.
10. Outside communication (that is, comminication that occurs outside of this thread) is permitted. However, you must include myself and the other War Room staff members in the conversations. You may use conversations on Bulbagarden, Skype, QuickTopic, or Discord.
11. The most important rule. Have fun!

PLAYERS:
1. @jdthebud - killed N4: Frosty the Snowman
2. @Max1996 - lynched D6: Antiochus IV
3. @Elementar - killed N5: Mrs. Claus
4. @Doctor Floptopus @Slife - won in endgame: The Krampus
5. @Lone_Garurumon @Pikochu - lynched D7: The Mensch on the Bench
6. @Ghostly - killed N1: Jack Frost
7. @Soaringdylan - lynched D1: The Ghost of Christmas Past
8. @WolfOwl - lynched D4: Adam Sandler
9. @CheffOfGames - modkilled D3: Judah Maccabee

10. @DarthWolf13 - lost in endgame: Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
11. @Alex Kaz - killed N2: Santa's Elves
12. @DrumBeats - killed N3: Hanukkah Harry

13. @Hellcrow - won in endgame: Cosmo Kramper
14. @FinalArcadia - lynched D5: The Grinch
15. @HumanDawn - killed N6: Santa Claus

SUBS:
1. @Klavier Gavin
2. @Pikochu - Subbed in for Lone_Garurumon D3.
3. @Slife - Subbed in for Doctor Floptopus N3.

SPECTATORS:
1. @BadAssGardevoir
2. @AussieEevee

And so, deer friends, it begins:
'Twas the night before Christmas, and the mods were very busy.
All throughout the War Room, things were in a tizzy.
Enzap was running around keeping an eye on the section,
While the other section staff were also paying close attention.

Except for Maniacal Engineer, who was off making puns.
Sometimes, perhaps, it is possible to have way too much fun.
Zexy triple checked the game setup, and Caps prepared the roles.
But the lazy engineer was naughty and destined to end up with coals.

'Twas the night before Christmas, but things were going all right.
We wish you all a Happy Holidays, and to all, a goodnight.

Last edited:
It's been a while, but a friend of mine asked whenever the next game would go into signups if he could join. So why not? In. Expect my friend here Soon(tm)

1fghay.jpg

I lied. I'll bring two.

Last edited:
I'd like to be a substitute, please!

♫Jingle bells, jingle bells
Maniacal Engineer smells♫

Do I have to post a meme when becoming a spectator/infomred observer/whatever-you-want-to-call-it? Because I'd like to become a spectator/infomred observer/whatever-you-want-to-call-it, if you don't mind, Engie.

When would this game start? I might just have time for a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom