• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO How are you currently finding the game?

SUP3RN0VA

DR4G0N K1NG
Reaction score
I've just finished downloading the app. My character name is AkiraBond.

The customisation so far seems pretty limited (for the Male atlas), I am hoping that we can unlock more customisation options as we progress the game.

I have currently captured a Charmander, Doduo and Rattata, without having to leave my room. I'm unaware if this app intentionally places a few Pokémon where you are when you first start, or if my room just happened to be close to where those Pokémon should be located.

How are you all finding the game so far?

It's like night and day compared to the Field Test. No crashes, smoother animations, and my phone hasn't caught fire yet. It still drains my battery like crazy, but that's too be expected.

I've reached level 5 and secured a decent amount of Pokemon. I've claimed a gym across the street (the Kaiser Iron Horse Gym) and am actually pretty excited to dive further into the game.

During the field test we got 2500 coins per day in order to get items. Now that micro transactions are included that seems to no longer be a thing. A shame, but it does make Pokespots more valuable. I already have 4 eggs. I hope I can snag a free incubator at some point. Otherwise breeding will take a while XD

I am currently at level three. As I first started, I of course had Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirrel show up right away, as i assume happens with every player. I captured Charmander, and then Doduo and Rattata right afterwards. I walked down to my local shopping centre, which is approximately 20 minutes walking distance, and funnily enough only found one Pokémon, another Rattata. Pokestops seem to refresh quickly, I found two on my way there, and then was able to activate the same two on my way home not long after. I found an egg on my way home, and I'm curious to see what hatches out of it.

Eh. Already have a pidgeotto from capturing so many pidgeys, its a fun time waster if anything. A damn shame really, unless it gets better over time. The bootleg af musoc isn't helping either, GF had a hand on this, the peast they could have done was given them the classic Pokemon Caught! theme and the Pokedex Registration theme. Broke my immersion completely.

Eh. Already have a pidgeotto from capturing so many pidgeys, its a fun time waster if anything. A damn shame really, unless it gets better over time. The bootleg af musoc isn't helping either, GF had a hand on this, the peast they could have done was given them the classic Pokemon Caught! theme and the Pokedex Registration theme. Broke my immersion completely.

The music was composed by Masada himself, so clearly the new music was the way they wanted to go.

Has anyone had problems with the app freezing whenever you throw a Pokeball? I've had it quite a few times now, although fortunately the Pokémon are still captured when i reopen the app.

I downloaded it at a restaurant and got a few amount of Pokémon there. But then got home and there was nothing remotely around me. I had called this the moment that the game was announced but I'm sad that I was right. This app is meant for people that live in urban areas and I am as far from urban as you can get. So I had it for an hour and I just deleted it. I might try it again once I start going back to my university but right now it's just a waste of space on my phone. Also it looks like you can't earn coins outside of microtransactions and I find that really scummy. I'm not pleased with Pokémon Go, so it fits perfectly within my expectations. Lovely.

This was the experience I had at home:
tumblr_o9xarwvqmM1u2tgkyo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
I downloaded it at a restaurant and got a few amount of Pokémon there. But then got home and there was nothing remotely around me. I had called this the moment that the game was announced but I'm sad that I was right. This app is meant for people that live in urban areas and I am as far from urban as you can get. So I had it for an hour and I just deleted it. I might try it again once I start going back to my university but right now it's just a waste of space on my phone. Also it looks like you can't earn coins outside of microtransactions and I find that really scummy. I'm not pleased with Pokémon Go, so it fits perfectly within my expectations. Lovely.

This was the lovely experience I had at home:
tumblr_o9xarwvqmM1u2tgkyo1_1280.jpg
Out of curiosity, how often were you checking for Pokémon while you were at home?

Out of curiosity, how often were you checking for Pokémon while you were at home?

Every 15 minutes or so. It eventually said that there was one near me but not close enough to appear.

Every 15 minutes or so. It eventually said that there was one near me but not close enough to appear.
I've been able to find Pokémon at my house, however without using the incense, they don't show up too frequently. The first time I walked to the shopping centre near my house, approximitely 20 minutes away, I only found one Pokémon the entire way there and back. Today when I walked home from work I found quite a few. Matter of luck I guess, although this game is supposed to make you go out and about to find Pokémon, not stay at home.

I've been able to find Pokémon at my house, however without using the incense, they don't show up too frequently. The first time I walked to the shopping centre near my house, approximitely 20 minutes away, I only found one Pokémon the entire way there and back. Today when I walked home from work I found quite a few. Matter of luck I guess, although this game is supposed to make you go out and about to find Pokémon, not stay at home.
I get that it's supposed to make you go out and walk. But where I live walking isn't an option. And I think that even if I walked around I wouldn't find anything since I can't really walk to anywhere of importance. This game just isn't for me, I live in the middle of nowhere and it's pretty obvious that I'm not who the game is targeted to. But come August I'll be going to back to my university a few days a week and I'm sure it'll be way more active there.

Installed it, played some hours, uninstalled it later on already.

Seriously dissapointed. From a decent looking app to a somehow crappy game. Microtransaktions for a F2P Game was obvious enough, but I still hoped they wouldn't feature them. Battles are cheap looking and don't satisfy me personaly. And the most shitty thing would be the insane battery consumption. Literally from about 90% into 23% after 2-3 hours. Even plugged in my smartphone consume more than it gains, making the whole principle of going out and find pokemon totally not worth.

It's more like a real life pokedex with the most time spending on capturing pokemon.

Installed it, played some hours, uninstalled it later on already.

Seriously dissapointed. From a decent looking app to a somehow crappy game. Microtransaktions for a F2P Game was obvious enough, but I still hoped they wouldn't feature them. Battles are cheap looking and don't satisfy me personaly. And the most shitty thing would be the insane battery consumption. Literally from about 90% into 23% after 2-3 hours. Even plugged in my smartphone consume more than it gains, making the whole principle of going out and find pokemon totally not worth.

It's more like a real life pokedex with the most time spending on capturing pokemon.

What kind of phone are you using?

I currently have an iPhone 6s, which this app seems to work great for. I honestly don't think this app absorbs my battery power much more than what any other gaming app on my phone does, and my phone still charges relatively fast even whilst playing Pokémon GO.

What I am happy about, and was worried with at first, is that this game doesn't seem to drain my phone's data, which is good because I don't opt for a lot of data.

Well, for starters, I accidentally chose the first professor (can't even remember his name) because I was tapping too fast. Oops.

I'm finding map a little weird. Mostly with the walking. It's...glitchy. And confusing.

I downloaded it yesterday but I only was able to find Pokemon to catch today (maybe because I couldn't get out of the house....oops?). I like the part where you can keep walking and don't have to turn it one way to capture Pokemon. There are more features I haven't had the opportunity to get into yet.

Biggest complaints:
1. Not only does it drain my battery but it also makes it incredibly, incredibly hot.
2. Frequent server crashes along with long loading up. And having to log into my gmail everytime is a bit annoying.

However I think it's an okay app, and it's at least exceeded my expectations.

I have a Moto X 2nd gen, and it does drain the battery and make my phone hot, but that actually happens a lot with my phone anyway, so I'm not complaining about that. I just wish my phone held a charge better. My only complaint so far is my own fault, because I can't go wandering around since I don't have data.

Oh, also the servers seem to be unreliable.

Well, I'll definitely need to pick up a portable charging pack, but otherwise I'm really enjoying this game. It's been a wonderful motivator for me to get out and run around town. Tomorrow I'll see if I can't wrangle the rest of the gyms in my area and get them under my control.

Definitely having a fun time though. It's not the perfect pokemon adventure, but it's a solid one.

I've only been capturing Pokemon today around my house and backyard, but it's okay. It's annoying trying to find a Pokemon, even when you have the item that attracts them, but when you do catch them, it's kind of fun. There are a couple of Gyms that I could challenge without leaving the house after I get to level 5 and one of the shops is located in a local park I walk by every day, so that should be easy. I still don't think it's quite as good as all of the hype and Internet made it out to be and I'm not sure how often I'll be able to use it that well, but it is decent fun.

I'm liking it; It's fun looking around for Pokemon in my area. Went to the lake and park to find some guys.

Though there is a problem; the servers are too busy; it takes me many tries to get on. Then sometimes I get kicked off or the game freezes.

I don't think they anticipated so many people to play.

I was suddenly kicked off on my phone, but I could somehow log in using my Dad's phone just fine. It's kind of strange. I've tried turning off my phone multiple times to log back into Pokemon Go, but it still doesn't work.

Although, I did enjoy using the app while taking my dog for a walk earlier this evening. I even caught a Jigglypuff by my old elementary school. Even though it wasn't the same place that made fun of me for liking Pokemon, that school was a sub division of the one I walked by tonight, so it felt kind of satisfying to be able to capture a Pokemon there in a way. There was also a Pidgey by my Dad's new car, so that was neat. I prefer to use the feature without the camera, mainly because it's more jarring than anything else to see the Pokemon images in the area, but it was my Dad's phone, so I couldn't change the function there.

I just went on holiday yesterday after I got it. I'm not in that urbanised an area and there are very few Pokemon available which makes the game very very slow.

The little I did play in slightly more urban areas such as back home was really fun. I haven't yet been able to reach gym challenging level which I'm excited about doing.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom