• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How the Missing Mega Stones will get Distributed...

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Reaction score
Okay... For those of you who wondered, "where are all the missing mega stones?!": Details about them suggest they are going to be entry gifts for online competitions, starting in late February... Personally, I'm not exactly a fan of this. What do you all think?

Not a fan. I would rather the competitions be for things like special variants of pokemon, or past variants that have been out of circulation a long time.

Could be worse (Looks at Shuffle). But it could also be better.

Not a fan. I would rather the competitions be for things like special variants of pokemon, or past variants that have been out of circulation a long time.

INB4 Summer/Autum/Winter form Deerling/Sawsbuck can only be found as competition prizes.

I really hate this. To me this is the most idiotic decision they made this generation.

It's like they couldn't come up with an actual prize for entering the competitions (what about AZ's Floette?) and decided to remove half of the mega stones from the game and use them as prizes instead.

The worst part is that a big chunk of them are part of my favourite megas. Now i have to wait months to able to use them.

INB4 Summer/Autum/Winter form Deerling/Sawsbuck can only be found as competition prizes.
At least you can bring them from BW/B2W2 via PokeMover. I don't know how much they are dearly sought, but they're not difficult pokemon to get.

Personally, I hate this. I don't like participating in online competitions because a) I know I'm going to lose and b) there will be a lot of players with a bunch of level 1 pokemon who'd lose on purpose just for the sake of participating, making the competition messed up. Of course, I could be one of the latter and be done with the competition after I fulfilled the requirements, but the Mega Stones should have been a given in the games, not an afterthought.

It does show that they have been listening to our complaints, though. At least the stones are all going to be distributed eventually.

Last edited:
Add an update that puts them in the Battle Tree list. I saw a lot of people complaining that they weren't in there, but it was alright by me. What would be the point of putting a bunch of mega stones to buy in there, if you couldn't use more than half of them?
However... Distributed like this? Seems reaaaly dumb.
If they were to be randomly available on a side mission (example, defeating Morimoto gives you a random mega stone everyday) would be kinda annoying, but bearable. By competion? That will take some time until the rewards get sent out...

I'm not a fan of this at all, because 1) they're practically forcing people to participate in competitions now to get items that should've been in the game in the first place, and 2) I would've preferred some other prizes, as I don't particularly care about the Mega Stones myself, so for me there's less reason to join them now.

What were you thinking GF, seriously.

I'm glad they're being distributed at all, but this is both comical and infuriating, lol.

I mean first of all, why were the Mega Stones missing in the first place after all of them were obtainable in ORAS? Purchasable Mega Stones do correspond to Pokemon in the Alola Dex, yes, but then...Every sinlge NPC at the Battle Tree and Royal could use non-native Megas from launch. Red gives you the Stones for the Kanto Starters. And we could find things like the Red Orb, Genesect Drives, Soul Dew, DNA Splicers etc. in-game, again, pre-Bank, because they know that eventually people will transfer otherwise unobtainable Pokemon up. I don't think there's any good reason for them to have not been in from the start.

And forcing people to go into VGC for it it doesn't really do service to the competition itself either, because now you're gonna have some people who just bs the bare minimum of 3 games just to get the Stones instead of actually trying to play.

Then there's the possibility of missing these deadlines. I've skipped out on these so far because of other priorities (and not being interested enough in SM's online to keep up with news...).

So uh. Not a fan.

Last edited:
I start Grad school in March, I don't have time for competition. I guess I'll be out of luck with Mega evolution.

Beedrill and Mawile are two Pokemon that I definitely never use.

I'm not a fan of this either. The competitions not only have a deadline but also a player cap on a first come first serve basis. It is too much of a hassle to get them all and some people will just miss them... The remaining Mega Stones should've all just been purchasable with BP, they really feel like the kind of item that should be available in-game.

The competitions not only have a deadline but also a player cap on a first come first serve basis.

This is something you don't really have to worry about though, I've registered for competitions last minute very often and it's never been a problem, I don't think they ever reach that cap ;)

For now, I'm hoping they will stick to giving them out as prizes. I got mad at Battle Tree after losing my thirty-something streak to an NPC that used a Mega Lopunny. I went and bought the mega stone for the 6V Metagross I carried over from Hoenn just to use Mega Evolution, spending the BP I accumulated to buy an Ability Capsule... but looks like the Capsule will have to wait

Last edited:
Now that is just ridiculous. I think this is the first thing I really dislike about the games so far. I hope they realize the dislike for it and figure out a different way or something. Being forced to enter a competition to get a mega stone? Ridiculous. I'm not even going to go for all the stones now. Hopefully it will tell you what one you will receive, so I can just do the one for the Ampharosite. If it doesn't (which I don't think it will) I guess I'm not mega evolving this gen. Makes me sad, as my Birthday (Ampharos) is not complete without being able to become the truest Birthday their ever was.

Hopefully it will tell you what one you will receive, so I can just do the one for the Ampharosite.
Not trying to be rude (though this will sound rude AF), but if you were paying attention, it does tell you. This competition, you will get Beedrilite and Mawilite, and whenever the Ampharosite one comes around, it will be said.
If, however, they come with a BS of "you will get a random Mega Stone", then that will show that they don't know what the heck they are doing.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom