• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ010: With Nemo and Colza

Going off of the battle in this episode it really seems like Roy got less out of the battle training from a few episodes back than Liko did considering that he was making some of the same mistakes with Sudowoodo’s Substitute that he made with Cap’s Double Team and just mindlessly attack spamming rather than having any real plan. He only managed to land a hit because he got lucky with Fuecoco learning Stomping Tantrum on the spot.

For some reason this episode made me wonder if Liko is older than Roy. He almost feels a little like a younger brother character while she gives advice from the sidelines like a Brock-type of character.
They are the same age.
Roy may have seemed like a younger bt, but consider that unlike Liko, he doesn't know much about the world (after all, he only knows his island and nothing else.
Plus, it was set in Paldea, so it makes even more sense that she was giving advice to Roy since Liko is actually from "Spain".

Going off of the battle in this episode it really seems like Roy got less out of the battle training from a few episodes back than Liko did considering that he was making some of the same mistakes with Sudowoodo’s Substitute that he made with Cap’s Double Team and just mindlessly attack spamming rather than having any real plan. He only managed to land a hit because he got lucky with Fuecoco learning Stomping Tantrum on the spot.
Interestingly, Roy wasn't just having his Fuecoco spamming attacks randomly. Based on the dialogue, he was genuinely trying to observe Sudowoodo and figure out which one was the real one, which is something that he clearly learned from the Captain Pikachu training session. The mistake that Roy made here, according to Brassius, is that Roy was watching Sudowoodo so much that he ended up neglecting his own Fuecoco. Hence, Roy's solution to the situation was to have Fuecoco go all in on its rampage, which ended up with it learning Stomping Tantrum on the spot.

It's a bit of a weird lesson that's kinda the opposite of what the kids learned from the Captain Pikachu training session, but the battle made it seem sensible enough, so I ain't gonna question it much.

Super late to reviewing this one!

Nemona making her debut so early into the series is a pleasant surprise.
Brassius isn't really my favorite character, but he serves the episode well.

Roy getting to have a Gym Battle this episode was also a surprise. While Roy did lose, as expected, Fuecoco ended up learning Stomping Tantrum because of it. A bit out of nowhere and a rather strong move for such an unexperienced first-stage Pokemon, so I wonder what the decision-making process was there. We also get to see Terastal in the anime for the first time and it looked pretty good. I wonder how Liko's pendant connects to Terastal because we know that Terapagos (or its baby form or whatever it is) resides inside of it.

I'm guessing that Rayquaza is turning regular Pokemon into Titan Pokemon around the world, and that is how the RVT will track it from now on. Roy will end up battling them throughout the series and that will be his equivalent to challenging Gyms or whatever since I don't see either of them actually challenging all eight Paldea Gyms.

Mollie coming along next episode is a good chance to learn more about her!

I liked this episode, but I hated that they seemed to make Roy dumber than usual. I mean, thinking the word slump is a Pokemon? Assuming Sudowoodo is a grass type? Really? I hope to God they don't turn him into another Ash, as in the Ash who thought therapy was a Pokemon.
To be fair how's he supposed to know what type a sudowoodo when he's never seen one before.And the same thing with a slump.

I really liked this episode. They are portraying the beginer trainers more realistically. Before challenging a gym leader, you have to build the experience of your pokemon by battling wild pokemon and weaker trainers.

Brassius personality and his gym pluzzle( hoard sunfloras) were like in the games, im honestly relieved to see this, after most Galar gym leaders didnt apear in the main anime .

I would be pissed if ash thought that sudowoodo was a grass type. But Roy is really a begginer trainer. When sudowoodo first apeared in jotho , there were two scientists researching sudowoodo to discover what was its type. In the pokemon universe, the sudowoodo type is something that was recently discovered. If this anime takes place just after Ash became a champion, and 1 league/generation = 1 year, sudowoodo´s type was only confirmed 8 years ago. It often takes years after something is discovered by the scientists to it become common knowledge. Almost every other beginer trainer we have seen so far dont know all the pokemon in their own region, much less pokemon from other regions.

Every generation, we discover around 100 new pokemon + a new region . We have to think that, in universe, all these new regions and pokemon alread existed all the time. If each region is a country ( there are regions that cover more than 1 country, other regions cover just part of a country) , there would be around 200 regions in the pokemon world( I know that there are less than 200 countries in real world, but there are 4 regions only in japan, 2 in states of USA, not counting spin offs). So, there are around 20,000 pokemon in the pokemon universe. We dont know most of them yet, we likely wont never know all these pokemon some day. Even if the pokemon franchise survives 100 years ( winnie pooh has over 100 years, so, why not pokemon?), we likely wont live all this time. If they keep releasing pokemon generations every 3 years, in 2096 we would have generation 33, and around 3300 pokemon. We dont expect kids in real world to know the names of all the animal and plant species in real world, so we shouldnt expect kids in pokemon world to know everything about every pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom