• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ031: The Song in the Mist

Nice episode, though I see it was mainly just to set up for the next one. Lapras being battered and bruised, and leading a gang of poaching pirate Pokémon was not what I expected though. I'm really interested in seeing what happened with it. My favorite part of the episode was seeing Quaxly in charge of filming for Dot though. I'm thrilled that the little duck is getting more screen time :bulbaLove: 7/10.

Brave Asagi's past as a fishing boat proves useful, despite this Landau is still too far from the water to actually fish. The rumored Lapras is the Six Heroes Lapras but is not all that heroic being the one who created the mist ships keep getting lost in as part of a team of food stealing Pokémon. At least Lapras is polite enough not to let the ships get lost in the mist while robbing them.

Seems like that poor old Lapras has gone through absolute hell and back, that poor thing.

Last edited:
So like... Diana says something about the whole song and mist thing being heard for a long time. Was it fake before and lapras just stole the idea? Or was there just a 100 year gap in that between Lucius catching lapras and now. Because it was just established not long ago that Rayquaza was the one that awoke the ancient heros so unless Lapras just... ignored that and was awake the whole time.

So like... Diana says something about the whole song and mist thing being heard for a long time. Was it fake before and lapras just stole the idea? Or was there just a 100 year gap in that between Lucius catching lapras and now. Because it was just established not long ago that Rayquaza was the one that awoke the ancient heros so unless Lapras just... ignored that and was awake the whole time.

To be fair, that was the Explorers’ conclusion. It doesn’t mean they’re correct.

As for Arboliva, the Pokémon in the forest seemed to see it as a protector, which presumably wouldn’t make much sense if it was only just awakened.

Moltres, on the other hand, acted like it was lashing out in grief because Lucius is gone. That kind of behavior would make perfect sense for someone trapped in a Poke Ball for a century.

An alright episode. Where the special preview for all of us anticipated. Lapras be wandering all the century at endless sea and become aggressive. Where bunch of pokemon use it to steal food. Looking forward next week to see how Liko claim it down.

Overall rating: B-

I thought it was cool how they used Lapras' good reputation and flipped it on its head. I was suspicious the second that guy said all of their food went missing, though I didn't expect Lapras to have its own pirate crew lol. I feel like Lapras is still sort of a hero to these Pokemon by getting helping them get food and stuff. I'm guessing Lapras might have a negative history with humans outside of Lucius.

I liked how Diana and Friede were able to figure it out and had Cap clear the mist with its Volt Tackle.

The first half had waaay too much padding. The little that happened could have been told in 3 minutes or so.
Second half was better, the mystery regarding the thieves was interesting. I liked the reference to Nessie's picture. Friede's plan was too obvious to be honest, Murdock and Orla not realizing it feels a little dumb.

Seems like that poor old Lapras has gone through absolute hell and back, that poor thing.
Y'know, something I just wondered after re-reading your post........how old even are Lucius's non-legendaries, like Arboliva and Lapras? :unsure: See, with the legendaries, it's different, because we've seen in the past that Legendary Pokemon can survive for centuries, or even eons upon eons, like Rayquaza, who are stated to live for hundrends of millions of years in the ozone layer. But what about "normal" Pokemon, like Lapras and Arboliva? Are these two "special" members of their species, and that's why they were able to grow giant too? Have they really been alive for over a hundred years, and if so, how? Hmmmm.........questions. :hmm:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom