• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ035: A Duo in the Wilderness: Friede and Cap

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
All information courtesy of Dephender at Serebii, set to air January 12th

The Rising Volt Tacklers have run out of funds to continue their journey, so Friede and the others decide to accept a request to search for a lost Anokusa in order to make some money. As they search, the group encounters a band of Pokémon Hunters overhunting wild Pokémon and battle them, but...?!

1702575300085.png

The shining TERAPAGOS plays a MAJOR ROLE in the anime as well!!
You won't be able to take your eyes off the upcoming events involving Terapagos, the hottest Pokémon-related topic there is at the moment!

SEE TERAPAGOS' TRUE ABILITIES WITH YOUR OWN EYES!
Terapagos is a Legendary Pokémon that also appears in the new video games. Will it be undergoing a Forme Change in this story as well?!

FROM NORMAL FORME TO TERASTAL FORME!
*What could Terapagos be looking at...?!
*The Terastal Forme appears in the opening as well!
*When Terapagos transformed from its pendant state, it became its Normal Forme. Pay attention to the show to learn how it will further become its Terastal Forme!

HOW ARE THE BLACK RAYQUAZA AND TERAPAGOS RELATED?!
Terapagos reacts to the Black Rayquaza's attack?! Don't take your eyes off the reveal of their relation to each other!
*In the opening, the Black Rayquaza can be seen flying alongside the Rising Volt Tacklers!

Scheduled for December 22nd: "Respective Departures"
Liko and Roy hear that Diana is going to leave the airship, so they plan a farewell party for her together with their other companions. Meanwhile, following his defeat by Rayquaza, Amethio decides to battle Hamber in order to get stronger!

Scheduled for January 12th: "A Duo in the Wilderness: Friede and Cap"
The Rising Volt Tacklers have run out of funds to continue their journey, so Friede and the others decide to accept a request to search for a lost Anokusa in order to make some money. As they search, the group encounters a band of Pokémon Hunters overhunting wild Pokémon and battle them, but...?!

Last edited:
All information courtesy of Dephender at Serebii, set to air January 12th

Huh. Kinda jarring how lack of funds are suddenly a thing in this show, when for years it was just played up as a gag.

Aaanyway........the presence of Pokemon Hunters here is promising as far as my interest goes, as they end to be quite dangerous villains and the episodes in which they appear tend to be very action-focused.

Aaanyway........the presence of Pokemon Hunters here is promising as far as my interest goes, as they end to be quite dangerous villains and the episodes in which they appear tend to be very action-focused.
Hopefully the battle won't involve Captain Pikachu coming in at the last minute, preventing Liko, Roy and their starters getting some battling experience

I'm hoping the Hunters will use Paldean Pokemon

Hopefully the battle won't involve Captain Pikachu coming in at the last minute, preventing Liko, Roy and their starters getting some battling experience

I'm hoping the Hunters will use Paldean Pokemon
Well no need to worry about that since, based on the title, this is gonna be entirely about Friede and Cap as if we don’t get to see enough of them doing everything as is.

I think we just found out how this series will run longer...

Pokemon Hunters are usually a treat. Here's hoping these become recurring antagonists like the glorious J.

Though this makes me curious...just how DID Ash-tachii get away without paying for anything anyway? :unsure:

Last edited:
So the Rising Volt Tacklers begin the new year not with excitement but them realising they're about to hit Poundland levels of cheap if they don't get some moolah soon.

Reality harshly crashing with the kid's adventure fantasy as they run out of cash. Not a storyline I expected this franchise to do outside villain jokes.
Though this makes me curious...just how DID Ash-tachii get away without paying for anything anyway? :unsure:
Honestly I always assumed winning battles made money like in the games and Ash beat enough Gym Leaders to keep the journey going.

Reality harshly crashing with the kid's adventure fantasy as they run out of cash. Not a storyline I expected this franchise to do outside villain jokes.

Honestly I always assumed winning battles made money like in the games and Ash beat enough Gym Leaders to keep the journey going.
There’s also the possibility that their families would send them money when they really needed it.

Love how they're going for a Wild West theme with the hunters this time. Makes them pretty unique from other ones we've seen.

Love how they're going for a Wild West theme with the hunters this time. Makes them pretty unique from other ones we've seen.
To be fair, none of the Pokémon Hunters we’ve had in the past have really had the same theme as one another. We had J who basically was akin to a mercenary, Vicious who was part of Team Rocket and the pirate themed hunters from SM just to name 3.

Given that we have poachers involved, I'm curious to see if we'll get a cameo from Officer Jenny (or Sheriff Jenny) as the cavalry arrives too late to assist in arresting the crooks

Back
Top Bottom