• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ036: Operation Perfuton Friendship!

I enjoyed today's episode, a shame that Dot didn't go with Liko and Roy, I'm glad that apart from a brief cameo from Friede and Pikachu, the other RVT's were absent
Hopefully it’s a sign that the writers will allow the kids to be a bit more independent especially in the low stakes filler episodes and eventually in the plot episodes as well.

Well, it's official. Sprigatito's been confirmed female, and Fuecoco and Quaxly are confirmed male. First time we've had all the starter's genders confirmed since the BW series. And that was like, 13 years ago. Damn..........
Hopefully it’s a sign that the writers will allow the kids to be a bit more independent especially in the low stakes filler episodes and eventually in the plot episodes as well.
Hope so.
I enjoyed today's episode, a shame that Dot didn't go with Liko and Roy
Even though her own Pokemon did.

Last edited:
I really liked this episode. I loved seeing just focus on the kids. I hope we can get more episodes of just them out about with the Volt Tacklers staying on the ship. I really enjoyed seeing a plot of a female Pokémon wanting the attention of male, since so often its the reverse. Guru's trainer was such a joy to watch. She was so energetic and bubbly and cute, and her design was great on top of that. But the definitely star of the episode was Quaxly. I loved seeing how determined he was to help Guru for Dot. The adorable dance he did to challenge Prince was the best part. I really hope this is hinting at an eventual evolution to Quaquaval! It was also great to actually see everyone's efforts pay off with the pigs actually battling together in the competition in the end. :bulbaLove: Great episode overall. Hopefully we'll keep seeing Quaxly in the spotlight in future episodes. 9/10.

I really liked this episode. I loved seeing just focus on the kids. I hope we can get more episodes of just them out about with the Volt Tacklers staying on the ship. I really enjoyed seeing a plot of a female Pokémon wanting the attention of male, since so often its the reverse. Guru's trainer was such a joy to watch. She was so energetic and bubbly and cute, and her design was great on top of that. But the definitely star of the episode was Quaxly. I loved seeing how determined he was to help Guru for Dot. The adorable dance he did to challenge Prince was the best part. I really hope this is hinting at an eventual evolution to Quaquaval! It was also great to actually see everyone's efforts pay off with the pigs actually battling together in the competition in the end. :bulbaLove: Great episode overall. Hopefully we'll keep seeing Quaxly in the spotlight in future episodes. 9/10.
I’m hoping that we get to see some spotlight of Dot alongside Quaxly as well. While he’s her partner, thus far the writers have mainly had him acting on his own or as an extension of her but we have very little of them acting together beyond videos. There’s clearly a trust and bond between the 2 since they worked together even before Dot caught him so I’d like to see more of their dynamic.

That was a pretty fun episode!

First of all, it was funny to see Dot just interacting with Liko & Roy in her Gurumin outfit and Liko being nervous to be around Gurumin specifically, even knowing that it is Dot under there. I also understand why Dot didn't show up in person, she has a secret identity, after all (and she probably doesn't want to drag out her entire costume).

Quaxly got to show off both in personality and in sick dance moves! I still feel like Quaxly will remain unevolved. It would be hard to fit a Quaquaval in the Gurumin videos.

It was nice to see a low-stakes plotline that just the kids could handle themselves. Liko & Roy getting to do a tag-battle was cool, even though they probably lost going by what we saw before they cut it. Now if only Wattrel and Hatenna could get some action, too.

I was also thinking about how good modern Pokemon character designs have gotten. Even random one-off characters of the day look like they have thought put into them instead of just looking like random generic copy-paste people.

An alright episode with nothing spectacular. Except Childhood friend of disagreement. But didn't knew, they like each other. Despite, the boy openly say. Despite, Quaxly can dance.

Overall rating: C+

Mediocre for the most part. A kid rivalry with male and female Oinkologne is pretty interesting though. 5/10.

Back
Top Bottom