• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ042: Transform! Hero of the Seas, Irukaman!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Airs March 8th.

Summary and staff list, courtesy of Dephender.

The Rising Volt Tacklers are visiting a beach in the Paldea region. Liko and Roy are having a great time playing with the local sea Pokémon, but suddenly trouble arises when Hogator gets washed out to sea! The day ends up getting saved by Irukaman, the Hero of the Sea! Roy is amazed at how cool Irukaman is... but just then, someone is lurking nearby, planning to catch Irukaman's supposedly never-before-seen transformation scene on camera...?

Screenplay うえのきみこ (Kimiko Ueno)
Storyboard 森山愛弓 (Ayumi Moriyama)
Episode Director 森山愛弓 (Ayumi Moriyama)
Animation Director 高星佑平 (Yūhei Takaboshi)
Animation Director 服部奈津美 (Natsumi Hattori)
Animation Director 松本めぐみ (Megumi Matsumoto)

So, let's see. Beach episode, Fuecoco gets saved by Palafin, someone wants to capture Palafin due to it's transformation, and maybe Roy could get it by the end? Also, Kimiko Ueno is writing this one just like HZ37, good. Ayumi is directing and storyboarding this too. This has potential
written all over it!

So, let's see. Beach episode, Fuecoco gets saved by Palafin, someone wants to capture Palafin due to it's transformation, and maybe Roy could get it by the end? Also, Kimiko Ueno is writing this one just like HZ37, good. Ayumi is directing and storyboarding this too. This has potential
written all over it!
Irukaman is way too cool a Pokemon to ever belong to a member of the main cast.

But yes! I am really happy that my favourite Gen IX Pokemon is getting a proper focus episode!

I doubt they would give Roy such a strong Pokemon (even if it is one that needs to transform, which unless they change the method, is kind of a drag to need him to send it out, return it, and send it out again every time he wants to use it in battle).

Maybe we'll see Wiglett and Wugtrio, lol.

Even though Palafin looks like a generic dolphin from a random mobile game I’m still interested in watching its debut.

Yes! Yes! Yeeeeees!!! The SuperDolphin has arrived! This completely justifies the 8 non main plot related episodes in a row.

I don't think it will join the main cast since the anime usually doesn't like to have Pokemon with fins on land (the only exceptions I can think of are Gyarados, Primarina and -a couple of times-Goldeen) but the fact our dolphin got more respect than 80% of the Galar mons is enough for me to have high hopes for it.

Also it has Fuecoco. ON A BEACH. WITH A MYSTERY PLOT. This feels like JN138 where all my favorite elements come together. :bulbaLove:

Yes! Yes! Yeeeeees!!! The SuperDolphin has arrived! This completely justifies the 8 non main plot related episodes in a row.

I don't think it will join the main cast since the anime usually doesn't like to have Pokemon with fins on land (the only exceptions I can think of are Gyarados, Primarina and -a couple of times-Goldeen) but the fact our dolphin got more respect than 80% of the Galar mons is enough for me to have high hopes for it.

Also it has Fuecoco. ON A BEACH. WITH A MYSTERY PLOT. This feels like JN138 where all my favorite elements come together. :bulbaLove:

You forgot Horsea for good measure.

But honestly, you can say Goldeen and Horsea were due to Early Installment Weirdness, you can justify Gyarados (Part flying) and unlike Palafin/Finizen, Popplio/Primarina are semi-aquatic.

But yeah, even with Goh getting Fish Pokemon, they weren't used on land if they weren't at least semi-aquatic.

Palafin is a weird case, Zero Form has the usual issues with fish on land (Ignoring that dolphins arent fish). But Hero Form has flipper-legs and stands up so it doesn't have the same problem.

We see everyone announcing January and February in the following episodes, then two weeks of episodes in March and there is no trace of Kleavor of Lucius, nor Entei of Lucius.

We see everyone announcing January and February in the following episodes, then two weeks of episodes in March and there is no trace of Kleavor of Lucius, nor Entei of Lucius.
I think they're trying to space it out so they don't cover all of the hero Pokemon too quickly.

I think they're trying to space it out so they don't cover all of the hero Pokemon too quickly.
Right?

I did not expect them to even find Lucious' Lapras SO soon, let along catch it as soon as they did... o_O
So they need to space the others out better.

...unless, of course, Horizons DOESN'T last all of Gen 9 and we have short series to pass generations now. Though what are the odds of THAT? :unsure:

Start to Arboliva was 12 episodes, Arboliva to Moltres was 11, Moltres to Lapras was 8 and it has been 8 episodes since then, so we are within range. The excess of fillers does make it seem they are taking their time though.

I do expect the Lucius and Terapagos plot to finish this year, and then to move omto something else with the same cast, the subtitles gimmick can't be there just for show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom