1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

I know an edit I'd like to make - how do I make sure I remember it?

Discussion in 'Bulbawiki Forum' started by Sagiri, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Sagiri

Sagiri New Member

I was looking at Pokédex data structure in Generation III - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia,
    and, after examining the actual contents of a FR and LG ROM, I realized that the offsets it lists for the start of the table in FR and LG are wrong. I managed to track down the actual offsets.

Similarly, it also claims that FireRed and LeafGreen have two pages of Pokedex text. That's untrue - "description 2" always points to an empty string, and only "description 1" is displayed, so there's only one page.

But, since SM just came out, editing has been disabled. It's kind of strange that editing of pages completely unrelated to SM is disabled, but that's neither here nor there. The only reason I even came across that page is because of a project I'm working on, which will hopefully be done by the time editing gets unlocked, so I probably won't come across it again (at least for a while) to be able to actually fix the errors I noticed.

I suppose I could put it in my watchlist, but the page has only been edited twice since 2013, so that might not be the best way.

2. phidari

phidari 130% loser

I'm quoting your post in hopes that you'll be notified. Editing is now unlocked, so here's a reminder :)