• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could start with any non-legendary Pokémon (in its basic form, of course)...

First instinct was Vulpix and I can dig that. Reasonably strong, not an ultra rare typing but rare enough. Cute too and easy to imagine carrying around Pikachu style.

Too many Pokemon to choose from...I'm also inclined towards an Eevee or Vulpix.

I've always wanted to start with a Growlithe because of some story I thought up about some kid going on a journey with his pet

My favorite Pokemon is Greninja, but Froakie is a starter, so I think having Honedge as a starter would be cool Only thing is that it'd be weird for your starter to need an evolutionary stone, but whatever, it says any non legendary basic, so yeah.

As for me, I can already start with my favorite Pokemon too. (Braixen) there are far too many options though... hmm. I'll go with the usual Eevee though because my first actual pet that I take care of reminds me of Espeon and I love Psychic-types and felines. Although on that note, Espurr would be pretty awesome too. Female though.

Grimer cause I can call it...

latest

That or a Horsea would suffice.

Kanto: Meowth, because of Pay Day (I know I'm greedy:LOL:)
Johto: Spinarak, despite me having arachnophobia, because Ariados is one of my favorite Bug/Poison types (behind only Beedrill)
Hoenn: BAGON FTW!
Sinnoh: Starly, as Staraptor is the most OP Normal/Flying type fully evolved Com Mon IMO
Unova: JOLTIK, My fave Electric type from Unova
Kalos: Honedge, because it's A FREAKING SWORD!!!! And my favorite evolutionary line.
Kalos is my ideal choice, but Hoenn is the region that I first cleared, and Sinnoh is the home region of my OC, Shane Maxwell (More on him when I get better at writing fanfics.)

Depends if you are allowing hidden ability or not. If hidden ability is allowed i might just go with torchic or froakie XD. Cuz they are strong when fully evolved and is not too hard to train. If no hidden ability then i guess i will just choose sneasel. I like weavile n_n. Sneasel is good even if not evolved. It's not too hard to evolve it unlike some pokemon you need to evolve it to like level 50 .-.

I did one of these with one of my run throughs of X. I traded a Meowth over to X and used it. I've also done a non Kalos starter with my Y run through (which i lost the cartridge for and I'm still upset over it) and instead traded a Cyndaquil over, but that is a starter so that doesn't count for this.

Shinx would be a fun one, and so would Litwick. Mareep of course, and Dewgong's my favorite Pokemon so I'll have to do a Seel one eventually

I have some signature Pokemon, but the one which persists on all (except monotype ones) my teams is Raichu. Charizard and Typhlosion are next ones in the line.

EDIT: Wrong thread. I wanted to post on the signature Pokemon thread. I'd like to start with a Pikachu/Pichu which you can evolve all the way to Raichu.

Last edited:
It'd have to be Spheal or Miltank. And Miltank's a bit of a cop out, since she's... already great. Spheal is actually pretty good as basic stages go, I feel. Meets the adorbz quota for a starter IMO, too.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom