• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you designed DP's 3rd game, what changes would you make?

Nando

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Topic says it all. Basically what would you put in Opal or whatever DP's 3rd game is.

For my purposes, it'll be Opal, focused on Giratina.

-New storyline featuring both Dialga and Palkia, not unlike Emerald with Kyogre and Groudon.

-Gym changes:

--Byron retires, Riley becomes new leader of Canalave Gym.

Leader Riley: Bronzor 32, Onix 34, Steelix 37, Bronzong 39, Riolu 39, Lucario 40

--A new leader replaces Volkner in Sunyshore (see below)

New Sunyshore Leader: Pikachu 45, Pachirisu 45, Luxio 46, Pachirisu 47, Luxray 49, Raichu 50

--New lineups for other leaders:

Roark: Geodude 11, Onix 13, Bonsly 14, Cranidos 15

Gardenia: Turtwig 20, Cherubi 20, Budew 22, Roselia 22, Roserade 24

Maylene: Machop 26, Machoke 28, Meditite 29, Meditite 29, Lucario 31

Crasher Wake: Buizel 29, Shellos 30, Whiscash 31, Gastrodon 31, Floatzel 33

Fantina: Misdreavus 35, Drifloon 35, Haunter 36, Drifblim 36, Mismagius 36, Gengar 38

Candice: Medicham 40, Snover 40, Sneasel 41, Weavile 41, Empoleon 42, Abomasnow 44

-Rematchable Gym Leaders, like Emerald. Levels and teams change every time all eight leaders are beaten again.

-In turn, a new tag partner replaces Riley on Iron Island.

-Elite Four changes:

Aaron: Wormadam (Trash Cloak) 55, Dustox 54, Heracross 56, Vespiquen 58, Mothim 58, Drapion 60

Bertha: Gastrodon 58, Whiscash 59, Golem 61, Quagsire 60, Gastrodon 60, Hippowdon 62

Flint: His team actually remains the same, boosting all the levels by 3-5 and adding a level 64 Cherrim (for Sunny Day)

Lucian: Chimecho 63, Mr. Mime 66, Girafarig 65, Alakazam 66, Medicham 64, Bronzong 68

-Volkner is gone from Sunyshore because he is now the Champion:

Champion Volkner: Raichu 66, Octillery 69, Clefable 70, Mismagius 69, Ambipom 71, Luxray 73

-So where's Cynthia? Like Red and Steven, she is the ultimate "true" final opponent, and the first time the title "Pokémon Master" has ever actually been used on an opponent in the games. After getting the National Dex, you may find and challenge her in Snowpoint Temple at any time:

Pkmn Master Cynthia: Spiritomb 75, Froslass 77, Leafeon 77, Gallade 79, Lucario 81, Garchomp 83

how about an appearance by someone random, like -insert random anime character here- or Wallace instead of Jasmine??? maybe even Tom Hanks... oh and dont forget some Zombies. that or pirates.

Last edited:
Eh, Riley doesn't need a Riolu if Maylene doesn't. Also, will the leaders level their Pokes a la Emerald? MOAR G&S REFERENCES.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind having the battle frontier make a reapearance

I also wouldn't mind having Move tutors that used BP again.

being able to fight gym leaders again ala emerald

a new area ala FR/LG

Maylene and Riley left me with a problem. I HAD to give Riolu and Lucario to Riley since they are his signature Pokémon, yet I couldn't just discard Maylene's Lucario.

or Wallace instead of Jasmine

Since it's IRON Island after all, perhaps Jasmine would become the new tag partner, leaving the Waterfall/Contest coordinator space open for Wallace.

Also, will the leaders level their Pokes a la Emerald?

Yes, the teams would fill out with National Dex Pokémon and the levels would increase, just like in Emerald. I would say the levels would probably rise to around maybe 55 at the lowest and 60-65 by the new Sunyshore leader's Raichu.

I forgot one detail about Cynthia. You would be able to challenge her as often as you wish, not like in Emerald where you could only fight Steven once.

maybe for iron island it should be steven instead of jasmine??? or have BLUE make a random appearance (with the OMG HE FOUND ME AND WANTS TO FIGHT music from Red/Yellow/FireRed/you get the idea, only he gives you something). as for the wallace part i wasnt being serious, but it might work. but i was serious about the pirates. and the zombies should replace the psyduck where you need the secret potion to get by. and also have that one guy that would comne out and say "WHOOPSIE!!!" in the old mortal kombat games

First things first, I would strive to make the environment more realistic. So, instead of tall grass in snowy and sandy areas, you would get snowy and sandy areas, respectively, where wild Pokémon would appear a la the desert in route 111 in Hoenn. The PokéRadar, which currently works only with tall grass, will be made possible to work with these kind of terrain, as well with overgrown grass; locations of Pokémon will be indicated by disturbances in the terrain, such as moving snow/sand.

For route 227, I would make it more like route 113 in Hoenn - a dirty route with the ash covering everything, including grass. The Glass Workshop from Hoenn would make a return, and the methods to obtain flutes from the workshop will be identical to how you did it in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (needing a key item called a Soot Sack, and then running in ash-covered grass to collect ash to make flutes). PokéRadar will still work in the ash-covered grass, but when the grass wriggles, it also shakes off any ash on it.

Cyrus succeeds in creating an alternate universe that slowly destroys the current one (giant cracks in the earth, buildings crumbling and other severe overworld effects.) Due to Giratina inhabiting a reality opposite ours, it has developed the ability of multiverse travelling. Thus, once you find it (awakened by the disturbance,) it will transport itself (taking you with it) to Cyrus' universe.

Once there, you must defeat Cyrus in order to take Giratina (who is temporarily allied with you) to Palkia and Dialga. Giratina will then send them back to your reality and take you back, leaving Cyrus stranded in his universe, which, because Palkia and Dialga are no longer maintaining it, begins to collapse in on itself, taking Cyrus with it.

After the Elite 4, you are able to go through Turnback cave, where you find not only Giratina, but CYRUS! Giratina seems to have saved him at the last moment, and then called upon Dialga to revert him to childhood so he may be given a second chance at life, while Palkia manipulated space to repair all of the damage Cyrus caused.

Once you have captured (or defeated) Giratina, Cynthia will appear ouside the Celestic Relic to talk to you about Dialga and Palkia, asking whether you think the notion of controlling Space or Time is more fascinating. Upon you answer, there will be a huge shudder and the same distortion around Mt. Coronet will appear as in D/P. She will tell you to meet her at the summit.

Once you get there, depending on the answer you chose (ala the Latis in Emerald) either Palkia or Dialga will appear. Capture or defeat it, and it will leave behind the Red Chain (this time an obtainable item.)

Cynthia will tell you that the Red Chain is part of an ancient Sinnoh legend regarding the lakes, and that you should take it to Lake Verity to find out more. When you get there, the (previously closed) cave in the centre will open thanks to the chain, and Mesprit will fly out (THUD!) and disappear. This now allows you to open the other caves.

And that's really about it for the end of the storyline. You can return to Sunyshore city where the elderly couple who spoke about Cyrus have taken him in. If you speak to Cyrus he will tell you about the dreams he has about a big scary (pink/blue) Pokemon. "It looked like this!" He will show you a picture of the opposite Pokemon that you calmed at Mt. Coronet, finishing off your Sinnoh Dex.

Very nice story, I would like to see this in "Platinum" (or whichever they call 3rd game), but there is a problem- it differs too much from story of D/P. Emerald have not so big differences.

A Battle Frontier will surely appear in "Platinum". I can't doubt that.

That was the point lol. I didn't much care for how the story ended up. I'm really into the concept of multiverse and thought that the Pokemon in D/P were perfect for a story involving multiverse travel. Unfortunately it was just mentioned as Cyrus' plan and completely wasted and overlooked.

I also love the concept of Multiverse (you're not the only one Doctor Who fan here :) ), but I think Nintendo don't like it and only way for Cyrus to fulfil his dream was by destroying our universe. Well, in this way, it is good that he has been defeated.

(you're not the only one Doctor Who fan here :))

Lol. I also got the idea of making Cyrus a child again from DW. Boom Town when Blon becomes an egg and, more recently, in Blink where the Weeping Angels teleported you and let you "live to death."

I thought Cyrus's plan had some merit but it was totally anticlimactic where the three Legendaries appear, stop what's happening, and then vanish.

No. What I'd do is similar to what Æsahættr said, with you being taken to Cyrus's new universe.

The difference? it's just like Pokemon Red and Blue! With the same kind of sprites and everything! :p

I'd also have the opportunity to capture both Dialga and Palkia through a Double Battle. Your rival or Professor Rowan could be your partner.

Then they'd have to make it so that you can catch both pokemon in a Wild Double Battle, instead of the "Wait till there's one left" rule (which sucks IMO.)

what if there was a part where all the champions of each region unite (plus Steven, but no lance, i guess...) and kick some ass or something like that?

Cyrus succeeds in creating an alternate universe that slowly destroys the current one (giant cracks in the earth, buildings crumbling and other severe overworld effects.) Due to Giratina inhabiting a reality opposite ours, it has developed the ability of multiverse travelling. Thus, once you find it (awakened by the disturbance,) it will transport itself (taking you with it) to Cyrus' universe.

Once there, you must defeat Cyrus in order to take Giratina (who is temporarily allied with you) to Palkia and Dialga. Giratina will then send them back to your reality and take you back, leaving Cyrus stranded in his universe, which, because Palkia and Dialga are no longer maintaining it, begins to collapse in on itself, taking Cyrus with it.

After the Elite 4, you are able to go through Turnback cave, where you find not only Giratina, but CYRUS! Giratina seems to have saved him at the last moment, and then called upon Dialga to revert him to childhood so he may be given a second chance at life, while Palkia manipulated space to repair all of the damage Cyrus caused.

Once you have captured (or defeated) Giratina, Cynthia will appear ouside the Celestic Relic to talk to you about Dialga and Palkia, asking whether you think the notion of controlling Space or Time is more fascinating. Upon you answer, there will be a huge shudder and the same distortion around Mt. Coronet will appear as in D/P. She will tell you to meet her at the summit.

Once you get there, depending on the answer you chose (ala the Latis in Emerald) either Palkia or Dialga will appear. Capture or defeat it, and it will leave behind the Red Chain (this time an obtainable item.)

Cynthia will tell you that the Red Chain is part of an ancient Sinnoh legend regarding the lakes, and that you should take it to Lake Verity to find out more. When you get there, the (previously closed) cave in the centre will open thanks to the chain, and Mesprit will fly out (THUD!) and disappear. This now allows you to open the other caves.

And that's really about it for the end of the storyline. You can return to Sunyshore city where the elderly couple who spoke about Cyrus have taken him in. If you speak to Cyrus he will tell you about the dreams he has about a big scary (pink/blue) Pokemon. "It looked like this!" He will show you a picture of the opposite Pokemon that you calmed at Mt. Coronet, finishing off your Sinnoh Dex.

:drool::drool::drool:If the game turned out like this, i'd have to worship you. Kid Cyrus, that's hilarious, and it actually makes everything work and the plot, interesting!

and dont forget that you should be able to kick his ass anytime you want to, like when i go to Nursing Homes on Mondays and Orphanages on Sundays

with different people in each of the battle thingies like someone else in the Battle Pike istead of Pike Queen Lucy or some random person instead of Factory Head Noland, and shit like that. and some more Scott (jk?).

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom