• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you designed DP's 3rd game, what changes would you make?

um... I know Booster's gotten screwed, but it really doesn't need the elemental fangs. They're actually pretty shitty attacks (65 power and no 100% accuracy? Give me a break... it's clear they're just a poor man's elemental punch that's tacked onto the Pokemon without any arms), and the only reason people use them is because they're hard-pressed to find any alternatives on several Pokemon (considering how limited Fire, Electric, and to a lesser extent Ice are when it comes to physical moves.... Ice is something of an exception since at least Avalanche is a TM).

What Booster does need is Flare Drive (or Flare Blitz... I don't know why they changed it), along with Entei. There's really no excuse that these Pokemon shouldn't have had that move (lack of punches is understandable, but how can a four-legged Fire-type not flare up and just ram into something?), but nonetheless, it seriously cripples them. It's a fucking crime to have such a high physical attack power, yet a shitty physical movepool (including a loss of Shadow Ball this generation... Shadow Claw can't be available for some odd reason), and no workable physical STAB on top of it.

main character sprites that dont suck. and a main character pallete editor

Diamond and Pearl were such great games. The best part was Team Galactic. Finally, an evil team that was about as prevailent as G1 TR. And Cyrus was the best villian ever. He was delusional when you beat him he swore revenge instead of being reformed. And then there were his Admins who were given personalties to set them apart. Even the grunts, despite being stupid punching bags, had some amusing dialogue and few of them were characters in their own right.

There's not much I'd change about them. Though the Cyrus being destroyed by his own universe would suit him all too well. Though, Nintendo is not going to put that in a Pokemon, they just won't.

The gym leaders were alright. They all had great designs (except for Tucker in drag). Though, fighting them until you're sick would be nice like in Emerald with them getting stronger teams and fighting you two on two.

I'd also make one change to the music, give the E4 a proper battle theme instead of a remix of the gym leader theme. The Hoenn E4 theme rocked. Why can't they go that road?

I like the idea of a character editor.

In fact, I'd one-up it. Anyone remember Mario Paint's pixel editor that you could make sprites out of? Do something like that, so you can not only change your character's colors, you can actually change their appearance.

I'd make it so that you could ride your bike through the gatehouses like in Kanto.

And where Amity Square would take a LOT more "cute" pokemon. From different gens, too.

And leave us with the threat of Cyrus. He's out there *somewhere*, and instead of dumping the Team on someone who didn't know his true purpose, have Saturn (or whoever) continue on with his work. Granted, since the plot's over by then, they couldn't really *do* anything, but they could say they're working on it.

Give us a story for Heatran.

I'd give Skitty an egg move that could only be obtained threw breeding with a wailord.

First off, I'd add more obtainable fire types pre-national dex. I'd also make some of the pokémon that evolve this gen like Magnezone, Lickilicky etc available as well.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom