• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: if you had to choose a favourite author or two who would it be

Status
Not open for further replies.

danh19

Reaction score
for me I would struggle to choose between two very different authors J.K. Rowling and James Patterson even know they miles apart as authors harry potter has been a big part of my life but it's actually James Patterson that first really got me into reading

for me, I would struggle to choose between two very different authors J.K. Rowling and James Patterson even know they miles apart as authors harry potter has been a big part of my life but it's actually James Patterson that first really got me into reading

J.R.R. Tolkien (honorable mention of his son, Christopher) is my favorite. I own most of his works, and I can't wait until later this year when Beren and Lúthien is released. But I guess in a way it's unfair because he's the only author I consistently read, having not much interest or time to read anyone else.

It's really hard to pick just two but off the top of my head I'll go with J.R.R. Tolkien and Gene Wolfe.

I've got a lot of love for Sir Terry Pratchett and Christopher Paolini, for very different reasons.

I've only read one Terry Pratchett story (The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents), and I thought it was a really clever book and surprisingly deep in unexpected areas. I should look up some of his other books when I can.

As for my current favorite author, I'd have to say J. K. Rowling. And Shel Silverstein, if poets count.

I've only read one Terry Pratchett story (The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents), and I thought it was a really clever book and surprisingly deep in unexpected areas. I should look up some of his other books when I can.

That pretty much summarises Pratchett's style, right there. Along with the blatant silliness there's a lot of thoughtful themes

If I had to choose two, it would probably be R.A. Salvatore and Stephen King.

J.K.Rowling and Rick Riordan are my favorites.

Probably Darren Shan. Cirque du Freak, The Demonata, and The City series are some of my favorite books, and there's something about his stories that I just enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom