• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Immortals: Second

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Heh," Al chuckled. "Cat fight. Literally. I'm not gonna break up something as classic as a cat fight."

Ritsu was coming back from her run, not even seeming surprised by the scuffle. The cats did catch her slightly off-guard, however. Whistling awkwardly, she slipped inside the apartment, absently twirling one of her prized drumsticks in her hand as she started up the stairs at a leisurely pace.

Kei was doing a fantastic job of ignoring the universe.

The attack on the crowd seemed to garner attention. The males, once loud, immediately ceased movement. Soon enough, the three fell to their knees, and passed out. A smaller, hooded individual, face covered by a mask, walked from behind them. The color of the cloak and the shape of the mask denoted them as one of the Guardians.

The Guardian bent down to look at the three. "Werewolves," a feminine voice droned from behind the mask. "Disperse," she said to the crowd. "Those injured will be taken to into medical care," the Guardian waved off the crowd. People followed her orders, and soon the streets were more or less clear. The three males' bodies sank into the ground, and were gone quickly.

It was a more or less timely response - rowdiness wasn't exactly against the law, but violent actions were. Still, for anyone who was versed with the laws of the land, a Guardian responding to a simple scuffle like that was overkill at best.

Said Guardian turned to the remaining individuals. "Anyone else injured here?"

Lana let out a sigh of relief. "Dodged a bullet there, yea," she said. Now, she could go to the library to finish writing. "I'm gonna go get ready."

"Ah there goes the fun," Lucifer said to himself. "Oh well. Might as well get to work. Wonder where I should go today."

Of corse Lucifer didn't have a real job. He just chose a random city and played his violin for tips. He was so good however that he usually made enough to live off of.

Diego felt a bit intimidated upon seeing the Guardian, but he was glad that the situation was dealt with at least, those people shouldn't have made such a ruckus in the morning. "Well whatever, that's taken care of now," he said before sniffing around at his shirt. "I'm gonna have to shower again...did I shower already?"

Tal saw the guardian disperse the werewolves, and was somewhat surprised, but not really. He was outside the second the werewolves were gone, and let out a loud sigh of relief.

Alcea had been wandering around Nouveau for hours, having been bored and unable to sleep the night earlier. She had returned to her new apartment to see the incident with the werewolves, watching from nearby, considering whether or not she should intervene. On one hand, she almost couldn't care less about those humans getting mauled...but on the other hand, what of those poor cats?

She never did get a chance to decide, as the Guardian showed up moments after and resolved the situation herself. Having just moved into Nouveau, Alcea had never seen one before.

"Everyone acts like the Guardians are so elusive...yet, I'm seeing one on my third day here." she muttered to herself. "Is this a sign that things here will be as interesting as I'd hoped?" She grinned at the thought. Although nervous about what Nouveau would have in store for her, her life before than had been less eventful than she'd liked, and she was looking for a change of pace.

Faye saw the werewolves disperse, and quietly made her way back to her apartment. She was rather disappointed she couldn't try to use charmspeak again. Then again, her many previous attempts were rather unfruitful. Maybe another time.

"Told you it was werewolves," Al said, turning away from the window. "Wait, wait..." he trailed off. "What day is it?"

Lana turned to Al as she put on her sweater. "Uh... Friday?"

Last edited:
Fareeha had poked her head outside, baseball bat in hand, just in time for the Guardian to appear and the situation to handle itself. She smiled, looking around the scene. All these people were awake far too early in the morning and as such she retreated back inside.

"All set?" Riz called out to her from the kitchen.

"Yep Rizzy no worries. Guardian showed."

"Not just a dust up?"

"Werewolves apparently." Fareeha informed him before retreating upstairs for a long shower. Riz meanwhile stepped outside to enjoy the morning air and a cigarette.

(@Rocket Queen you da real MVP. Anyways, moving things along. Also, changing it from Tuesday to Friday, cause why not.)

The day would begin like any other. It was business as usual for most of the people of the city, who worked to try and keep things under control. The day would have gone by without too much of a hassle, internally. Those who had to go out of the city were allowed to do so freely.

The evening, then night, would come rather quickly. Considering it was Friday, many had their weekends to look forward to. It was a time to mingle and hit the town.

Lana hadn't taken her car that day, considering that she was running low on gas. Instead, she opted to take the public transporation of the mundane world. When she got back to the Gate in the South Loop of Chicago, she was back in Nouveau at around 8PM. People were still outside in many places, but where she was walking had been empty.

The streets were peaceful, so she had no problem being there. Her plan was to just head over to the library, station herself there to work until she got tired at around 3AM, and finally go back to the apartment and pass out until 11AM.

She was only vaguely aware of people following her down the street, but decided to pay it no mind. It couldn't have been a threat, after all.

@Azuma @Rainomi @Flaze @Naoto @Alolan Ninetales @Prez @Midorikawa @HeroicSociopath @Harambe

Kei had been heading out to her usual job some time around 6pm, electric bass slung over her shoulder in its fabric case, amp cord wound loosely around her wrist, short dark hair put up in a small ponytail. She was wearing casual clothes - loose tee, open flannel, cargo shorts and sneakers - the bassist never bothered to dress up for gigs. Though she tried to actively ignore the people following, it started to creep on her nerves - she decided to cut through one of the alleyways, hoping to lose the apparent stalkers.

Ritsu, meanwhile, was enjoying dinner at a small hole-in-the-wall cafe downtown, seemingly oblivious to whatever might've been happening outside.

Diego hummed happily as he walked through Nouvau's streets while eating a sheesh kebab. He had been making short work of the town's gates to go pretty much anywhere around the world, but recently he had taken the time to go to an opened barbecue event in Los Angeles. He still hadn't found a job, but he couldn't care less about that while he was so busy enjoying himself. "Maybe tomorrow I should check out Italy," he said to himself, a goofy smile on his face as he thought of genuine italian wine, he'd also heard some good things about their clubs.

His forray into his thoughts distracted him, causing him to miss Kei and making him crash into her.

Riz was camped out in the library as he had been for most of the day. He was writing lesson plans and lectures for the two classes he taught as well as continuing to work on his dissertation. He normally would do so at home but his sister had been working on her bike all day and when she did so... It got obnoxiously loud and impossible for him to concentrate.

Fareeha was meanwhile cruising the streets on her bike, pleased with the latest modifications. She was taking it out for a spin before heading to the bar.

Al, now on his way to to the bar, was completely oblivious to any shadowy figures following him. Not that anyone would be surprised to hear this.

Tal walked across the street to the library, and decided to read a new book about the greatest zoos in the United States, to see if his local zoo appeared. His mother worked as a zoo vet at the Roger Williams Park Zoo in Rhode Island. Tal was always interested in animals for as long as he could remember, and he read that the zoo his mother works for is the number one zoo in the Northeastern United States.
Tal then proceeded to put the book back where he found it, and somehow thought he was being watched and/or followed. He walked out of the library, and stopped inside the local Chipotle for a burrito. He ordered a wheat tortilla, pinto beans, white rice, steak, shredded cheese, guacamole, and habanero salsa. And a large Coke.

He ate quietly, drank his soda, and put his waste in the garbage. Tal ate every last bite of the burrito, since he has been craving one for some reason. He still felt that somebody was still stalking him.

Luckily for Kei (and perhaps unluckily for Diego), her Muay Thai instincts had kicked in the moment had had made to (accidentally) shove her to the ground. A swift motion of her fists and he would soon be the one on the pavement instead.

"Oi. Watch where you're going, moron," she muttered, carefully stepping away from him and continuing to walk at a leisurely pace; she regarded him with a wolfish gaze of slight disgust, "fucking cats.."

Diego was surprised by the bunch and fell to the ground, his food falling to the floor alongside him. "That...really hurt," he groaned as he rubbed his cheek, only to realize his food had fallen to the floor. The color drained from his face as he turned towards Kei. "I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going...didn't have to hit me though."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom