• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Immortals: Second

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Uh-huh," she grumbled, "whatever you say, Mr. Alley Cat."

She blinked upon taking in the scene. "Yeah, okay, that's pretty scary. So is following you people to a hospital, since I don't even know your names, but okay. Totally cool."

"Hey...that's right," Diego pointed out, realizing that not only had he not gotten Kei's name, he didn't even know anything about this weird guy that had just come into the hospital and was taking them around dark streets. Upon this realization he immediately took his arm off of Alex. "Man, how old even are you?" he asked, now noticing the difference in their heights, he really must've been in pain if he hadn't seen that before.

Al finally found his way to the bar, and only noticed he was being followed the moment a large blow came to his head, knocking him to the ground. It didn't hurt; he was human. However, the sheer force was what moved him.

"Hey, man, watch where you're going," he simply said, seemingly annoyed.

The pursuer made another move, but Al simply rolled out of the way.

"Not here to chat, huh?" he asked, frowning. Al knew this man couldn't do damage to him, but having someone on his ass wasn't... exactly favorable.

Fareeha had been thrust back into the moment when she heard a shocked cry at what she'd done. Witnesses would make things problematic. She sighed, getting onto her bike when she realized something. Her brother wasn't safe at home. If there was someone who was trailing and attacking her, she needed to make sure he was okay.

Assuming he was still at the library, she spun her bike around and took off towards the library, hoping that Riz was okay.

Ritsu, growing bored, got up and left the cafe, coffee in hand. She made her way to the library, intent on getting research done for her paper. It was due on Monday, and she would rather get it done now instead of waiting till the last minute. Her psych professor hated procrastinators - the last thing she needed was to get on his bad side.

Riz was humming quietly to himself as he continued his work. Next to him sat a stack of books and he was typing hurriedly into his laptop between sips of his energy drink.

Fareeha tried calling him, to no avail. His phone was off. She cursed to herself and sped up.

After eating her food and having a whiskey on the rocks, Faye decided it was time to head back. Too many unwelcoming people at the bar. After she paid for the food, she grabbed her black jacket, she proceeded to head out of the door. She wasn't aware of the people following her.

"Moved here about a week ago. Seems...fun, or something." responded Alcea. "Bothersome? Hey, don't say that about the night. Don't you know you're talking to the daughter of a moon goddess?"

"I suppose. I was never that worried about running into people at night...bit different now that I'm in demigod town." she said. "And now I'm curious if you're a human or a demigod yourself, sir."

(Alright kiddos, time to move on.)

A few hours would pass following the attacks on the various individuals. In the wee hours of the morning, the neighborhood was in a frenzy. Stationed there were four Guardians, who gathered the people to ask questions pertaining to the violent attacks that occurred.

The bodies of the shot assailants were hauled to the hospital, and it was clear that an investigation was underway.

For those whom were safe from the night, they would find the apartment complex buzzing with activity at an early hour as people discussed the sounds that were heard last night.

[@Rainomi @Alolan Ninetales @Prez @Midorikawa @HeroicSociopath @Harambe]

Lady Airmid Medical Center was one of the most well-known general hospitals known to all of Nouveau. It's policy was to never turn away a patient, no matter whom they were. Founded under the banner of the Goddess herself, it was a dedicated sanctuary for all who visited.

Naturally, when three individuals came and requested treatment, there was no hesitation. All three were immediately taken in to be checked. Alex and Diego, having suffered little to no injury, were merely given a checkup.

Kei, however, had been taken into a room so that she could be tended to. It was around 3AM when the room was visited by two nurses. One began to tend to the equipment, while the other made to look over the occupant.

"How are you all feeling this morning?" He asked Kei as she looked over the wounds she bore.

In the checkup area, the doctor had begun asking Diego and Alex questions. "So, the nurse tells me you were attacked by a person in a hood, yes?" She asked.

[@Flaze @Azuma @Naoto]

Diego let out a slight yawn as he heard the doctor ask him about what happened the night before, his shoulder had been tended to, with it having to be braced and his arm being put on a sling while he recovered. "Well, technically they attacked my...friend, I just helped her out. But yes, they were wearing hoods, pretty strong too," he explained before glancing towards his shoulder.

Faye sensed something was off, but couldn't tell what. Her surroundings looked as normal as they always have. Her stomach churned ever so slightly, but she continued to press towards her destination. Suddenly, she felt excruciating pain on the right side of her head. She felt the wooden bat crack as it made impact. In an instant, she fell to the ground. She grabbed her head as she felt her hand become wet from the blood that was oozing from the wound. She looked up only to see two men in hoods. The hoods masked their real identities, and while one had a cracked wooden bat, the other had a metal pipe.

"I would ask who you are, but I highly doubt you're going to tell me," she commented as she clenched her fist and her eyes began to glow a light blue.

------------------------------------------

In the present time, she was at the Lady Airmid Medical Center, getting her head stitched up. She wasn't even sure how to process what had taken place earlier that night. It seemed like ages before a nurse came in, and talked with her.

"Can you tell me what happened that caused you to receive such a nasty injury?" the nurse asked as the proceeded to check her over for any signs of more injuries, concussion, and anything else that was missed upon the first examination.

"I went out to eat, and when I was walking home, I was attacked by two hooded men," she replied as she winced due to the pain in her head, "One had a wooden bat, and the other with a metal pipe. After that, everything is a blur." the nurse seemed to have some concern, but chose not to express it. The nurse kept asking the routine medical questions, and recommended that she stay for a few hours, just until they were certain she wasn't at a risk for a concussion. When the nurse left the room, Faye rested her head softly on her pillow.

"mais c'est quoi ce bordel?" she spoke to herself simply, wondering how just going out for a bite to eat led to this.

"My head hurts," Kei grumbled quietly, "actually, I take that back. Everything hurts. I dunno how I'm gonna survive uni this week."

As it turned out, the concussion wasn't the only major injury she'd sustained. Her wrist was broken and her radius was fractured, and her shoulder had been dislocated by a particularly severe blow from the crowbar - putting her left arm more or less out of commission. She was left-handed, which made that a very severe problem.

Al finally made his way back to the apartment, his phone completely dead. He never replied to Lana. However, the story of how he escaped his pursuers was an... interesting one. Al always had a way of evading trouble, even if it was only with dumb tricks.

He entered inside the apartment and immediately plopped onto the couch.

"Yo," he finally said to Lana. "You would not fucking believe what I saw at the bar tonight. These dudes tried to mug me or somethin', so like... I just ran into the nearest girls bathroom and waited that shit out. Scared a few chicks though."

After the attacks, Fareeha had rushed to the library to check if Riz was unharmed. He was, and in fact wasn't attacked at all. She hadn't told him much about what had happened and left out the fact that she had discharged her firearm in self-defense.

After an early breakfast, Riz had left the house and made his way to the library to do some work. After her brother left, Fareeha made her way downstairs to get a workout in to relieve her stress. It wasn't long before loud rock music could be heard from their garage as the young woman worked up a sweat.

Lana was nursing her headache by drinking some super early morning coffee. "Shite, you too?" She shook her head. "I got fucken knocked around by this bastard with a bat..." she said. "Then some crazy bitch shot some guys on the next street over. The fuck is going on here?"

She brought a mug of coffee over to Al, sitting down on the couch. "Need me some TV," she said, turning it on with the remote.

-------------

The nurse chuckled. "Well, as long as you're still here with us, then everything should be fine. Perhaps you might need to be absent for a few days to rest up," he said to Kei.

The doctor nodded at Diego's explanation. "I see," she was writing this down. "And you have no idea whom these people are?"

"Well. It's not like I can just tell my professors that I'm skipping class because it takes too much mental energy to pay attention because I got bludgeoned at my part-time job," she snorted, rubbing at her temple with her good hand.

"Woah, that's crazy," Al said. "Like a full moon or something." He obviously didn't see much off about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom