• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Immortals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Valley of Drakes, as it was called in times of old, was a massive, desolate landscape that sat on the edge of the dimension known as Fae. The creatures that lived in that land, called Drakes, were a species of dragon that kept to themselves. For all intents and purposes, they were the dragons of old that most people knew of; elemental breath, flight, bloodthirsty natures.

And hunted. They were hunted to the brink of extinction, and those that survived were forced to return to Fae. It's largely unknown what happened to them following that, as knowledge of their continued existence was erased from the mind of mortals and lived on as legend.

The group was here in this long-forgotten land, however, to find a stone. One of those cliche quests, but one that would take the Drake population out of the war that threatened to break out. Still, the landscape of Fae was different than that of Earth - its effects on non-human beings would be the same for humans on Earth. The intense landscape required the proper wear, as the nature of the place bypassed most supernatural defenses and immunity. A shame, really.

Wren was prepped for it, having dressed in a thin shawl with a light shirt underneath. She didn't really have shoes for it, and thus stuck to boots. It was a mix and match that she knew would prove to be a bit of a detriment if they spent too long there.

The group stood at the entrance of a cave overlooking the empty expanse of land. "And, there's nothing... great," Wren huffed, wiping her brow. It was already hot, and they had just gotten there.

Xavier was wearing thick leather and his usual boots to protect himself from the landscape. But he was also hot, which frankly was an unknown sensation for him. He glanced into the cave, using a small summoned flame to give him just a little more visibility. "Can't say I see anything in there either. Maybe we should try going into the cave system." He offered as a suggestion, trying to ignore the heat for the moment.

Nicolette begrudgingly came along, clearly not happy with the team's mission. Her ginger hair was tied up into a ponytail, and on top of her head was a pair of sunglasses - just in case. She wore a heavy, long sleeved shirt, a leather cloak, and some boots. A large rifle was on her back.

"The cave system," she slowly repeated. "He's right. Those scaly sacks of flesh must be in there."

"They're not," Wren said. "Our mission isn't in the caves. It's beyond the valley," she said, pointing forward.

"No," Wren simply replied. "You're coming with me. You're pivotal to this mission, actually."

"Something about facing your darkest fears or something." Xavier quipped as he glanced at Nicolette. "Right, beyond the valley. The sooner we do this the sooner we can get some frosty drinks to cool off."

Rose was just in a crappy mood. She hated the heat with a passion. It was for the best that she kept quiet really, so in the moment, she wiped the sweat from her forehead and put her hair up in a bun. Her hair made things much worse.

Alexis was fanning herself using her hand, but it didn't relieve anything.

"I'm not. At all," Wren said. "I don't want any of you all being here. I'd love to come home and just see you all working on what you're doing. But... things here require your participation."

She looked up into the sky, holding her hand over her face. "The thing we're looking for is this core in the middle of the valley. It generates heat. I thought it would be a tropical thing, but this heat is way more than I thought."

Then she turned back to them. "The cores have a sort of energy output that would... well, do bad things to creatures whose powers are sorta-" Wren did an expanding motion with her hands, making a light explosion sound. "Like Don, X, and me. Creatures whose powers are mostly internal, like humans, would be able to get close to it without... exploding."

Wren sighed. "I... don't like saying this, but Nicolette and Raku, you two are the ones who need to go and get this core out."

Don was wearing a long sleeved black shirt and like Nicolette, had tied his hair on a ponytail, though h hated the idea. Meanwhile Ken and Lorenzo were both wearing thicker clothing than usual, though Ken himself was wearing a hood, a pair of sunglasses and a mask over his mouth. As he walked he hummed Darth Vader's theme, at least until he heard Wren's orders.

'What should the rest of us do for now?" Don asked as he turned toward their leader.

Xavier raised an eyebrow, but he knew better than to question the explanation. He wasn't planning on exploding after all. "Got it. Assume our job is to watch and make sure we can provide long range support as best we can."

Wren looked back to the outside. Then back to the group. "I'm... not sure," she admitted. "I've never really been in a Fae realm before. We'll play it by ear."

She wiped the sweat from her brow, shaking her head. "Some of us might be able to get closer than others. X, you have a natural immunity to fire... so you might? Don's an Infernal, and Kei has a god form... I dunno. This sucks."

Raku looked equally as annoyed. Her surface skin was constantly melting under the intense heat and reconstituting its state of being, practically frying the nerve endings in the external layer of cells. "Whatever, let's get this over with. Before I start literally falling apart at the seams, anyway." Ripping off the necklace around her neck, she let out a small sigh of relief as the pendant almost immediately expanded into the massive scissor blade she was familiar with.

"So I can't use my legionnaires to take care of it... Figures." Kei sighed with slight disappointment. "Oh, well. Guess it can't be helped."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom