• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is it worth it?

Mclovin

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying Diamond or Pearl but I'm not to sure. I don't even own a DS but I LOVOOOOOOOOVE pokemon games even though I'm too old haha.
So is it worth the $170 or so?

If you really love pokemon games, go for it! Don't worry about your age, it is an adventure for everyone of all ages!

I would say it is worth it i first got a loan of a Ds to play my pokemon then went out and brought my own just so i can play it. I haven't regetted doing that

I too was in the same boat. I didn't even have a DS yet and I still pre-ordered both D&P and Vol 1 of the players guide. Then on the same day they came out I then got my DS. I even pre-ordered PBR and it's guide even though I still have yet to get a Wii. Oh and trust me your never to old for Pokemon, I too am older than your average player. So, I would say yes it's worth it if you really loved the other games.

Alright, I don't know what my parents will think though lol

I was thinking of buying Diamond or Pearl but I'm not to sure. I don't even own a DS but I LOVOOOOOOOOVE pokemon games even though I'm too old haha.

I'm 30. Yes, it's worth it!

Besides, there's lots of fun to be had with a DS other than Pokemon. The DS is a magnificent piece of technology with loads of great games.

If you've got the cash, go for it. That's the only reason not to get one of the two in my opinion. That, or if you're not into Pokémon. That point's rather irrelevant on a Pokémon forum though. ^^;

Where do you live that it costs $170? The highest price for a DS lite I ever saw was a bit less than $150.

And yes it is. There are a lot of good games for the DS such as Mario Kart, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and a coule of other games....

Where do you live that it costs $170? The highest price for a DS lite I ever saw was a bit less than $150.

And yes it is. There are a lot of good games for the DS such as Mario Kart, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and a coule of other games....

I think they meant $170 for the price of the game and DS combined.

And I would say a deffinite yes! All the DS games I have were worth the money.

DO IT! POKEMON RULES MAN! I hate that some of us pokemon fans have to hide our love for pokemon, for some of us exposure would mean an internaty of horrible jack asses tormenting us...

You're never to old for it. Also is some Ev training always interesting en your math skills can grow.

Okay then, where do you live that a game and DS would only add up to $170?

The dollar being so low, and me living in an expensive country, a DS Lite costs around 250 USD here. A new DS game costs around 70-80 USD.

Thank Buddha for region free DS, though. With the dollar being so low, games from the US these days are nearly free :drool:

Can you look around for a used DS? Those take a big chunk off the price.

And don't worry about being "too old". I'm 27 and I know plenty of people older than me who play.

I love your name. It's like a sexy hamburger.

Oh, and buy it.

For that much? Yeah, in my opinion, it's worth it. Diamond's my favorite game, I'm sure you'd like it.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom