• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is Sonans/Wobbuffet permanently outside his Monster Ball now?

My point was with that in mind, it would be nice to see more episodes that feature a bit more of his personality, which you pointed out he DOES have (obviously not as much as the TRio, but still). I think he does have more potential beyond his usual running gags, so I'm just saying I'd like to maybe see the writers give him more to do if he ends up being out of his Pokeball all the time in SM.
Definitely agree with this!
As an example, I liked that he was more involved in the XY Musashi episode where she almost leaves TR for that Dr. White guy. They involved Sonansu as an important partner and part of Musashi's life (as compared to Bakeccha, who wasn't mentioned at ALL, if I'm not mistaken). We hadn't seen an episode focus so much on Sonansu since the Johto series, right? That's a long time!
Not that I am against what you are saying here, but I was so disappointed in this episode from a Sonansu POV. Obviously it was 1/2 his episode (after all his name was in the title!) but I felt that actually he didn't have that much focus :-( We got to see him jamming with that family and of course he revealed his true strength/where his loyalties lie at the end of the episode but he could have been so much more active!
*sigh*
Alas, as you say this was his first episode since Johto so it is a little ungrateful to complain... Here's to more (& better!) Sonansu focus in SM!!

Definitely agree with this!

Not that I am against what you are saying here, but I was so disappointed in this episode from a Sonansu POV. Obviously it was 1/2 his episode (after all his name was in the title!) but I felt that actually he didn't have that much focus :-( We got to see him jamming with that family and of course he revealed his true strength/where his loyalties lie at the end of the episode but he could have been so much more active!
*sigh*
Alas, as you say this was his first episode since Johto so it is a little ungrateful to complain... Here's to more (& better!) Sonansu focus in SM!!

That's a good point, he didn't seem to have as much focus as the episode title would suggest. Small victories, nonetheless!

Wobbuffet is never a strong pokemon so i don't get why it is still around.

Hein?

Didn't Sonansu once OHKO Pikachu with his own thunderbolt? I won't pretend to know game mechanics, but surely Sonansu must be of a similar level to Pikachu for this to be possible.
It's not his fault he has an incompetent trainer.

More like they're only keeping Yuuji Ueda around because of Sonansu. That man practically owes everything to the superlative blue blob.

I had to look up Yuuji; I didn't realise that he was in so many of my favorite shows. He's pretty amazing... I didn't even realize that he's the voice of Takeshi/Greninja/Sonansu. Honestly, Sonansu is one of my favorite characters on the show... I would be super sad if they ever decided to make Sonansu stay with the boss or if Musashi had to release him.

I don't have much to add other than remember how the show handled Sonansu back in early Jouto? It'd pop out, Musashi would make some comment about how it needs to stop popping out on its own like that, and then she'd recall it into its Monster Ball? And that was the whole gag?

I'm so happy things have changed since then.

Sorry if this has already been disproven, but in the latest episode, SM009, Wobbuffet popped out of his Poke Ball right when Team Rocket were celebrating in unison in the tall grass. So no, Wobbuffet isn't permanently outside its Poke Ball.

Now that that's that, am I wrong in thinking that Nyasu riding on Sonansu is new? I can't remember it being A Thing previously except when they were in disguise, and we've seen it a few times in SM now.

Now that that's that, am I wrong in thinking that Nyasu riding on Sonansu is new? I can't remember it being A Thing previously except when they were in disguise, and we've seen it a few times in SM now.
It's occasionally happened during mottos in AG or DP or just during regular occasion.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's new, or at the very least least, it hasn't happened in a while since before SM003. This just means that Meowth doesn't have to walk around as long as Wobbuffet is present. I wonder if Wobbuffet minds, because it never really had to carry weight like that before.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom