• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN026: Jump! Koiking / Put it On! Yadoking

I thought this episode was alright. It pissed me off that Goh didn't win because of a technicality, and I felt like the 2nd part of the episode was pretty boring.

All in all, I think that this episode is a straight C.

For those who hated it, we have two great episodes upcoming.

i think for their first try is a good first try that they can learn on and also is funny and a great breather due we are getting 2 cool episodes in the next 2 weeks

To be fair, the first Digimon series was a gag dub and completely unfaithful to the original script, as was the case with a lot of anime back then

I watched the spanish dub which is faithfull to Japanese script (With the exception of the two first episodes) and have the same OST, I have hear the USA dub(Unfortunately) and it's gross.

What Im talking about is that how the Digimon 2020 has lost his comical side due to not have the wackiness of the 1999 Digiworld and not having all the characters at the time of course they are only 4 episodes in so this can change.

I will not say anything more about the episode untill a review I gave my opinion of why this is a hit or miss situation and of course that I respect the ones who said that they like this episode ... But calling this the best episode ever... man I hope you are exagerating.

Was that an episode or a hallucination? I...don't know what to think of it.

TR was good if brief.

My biggest complaint is Ash breaking the 4th wall at the end of part 1, I don't want anyone other than the TRio doing that.

Last edited:
Ok so the episode was terrible. However it didn't drag and rather kill 2 fillers like this.
Goh and Ash being okay with leaving magikarp in outerspace is so out of character that it hurts!
The boldore situation I think it can go 2 ways:
○ It was an animatronic to help with training
○ it was an hired Pokémon to help with training whilst at the same time referencing a training method in MJ
Really can't believe they would bring a reserve like this. As such would be a big thing to do!

This episode is a trip. All Anipoke series' have their insane comedy filler episodes, and while this isn't my favorite one it's still crazy enough to hold value and I did laugh on multiple occasions. The realization that Magikarp was probably dead/lost forever was surprisingly dark and hilarious. A lot of great continuity references including a Diantha easter egg and possible Ash's Boldore cameo. And the Team Rocket scenes were absolute gold. Great to hear the second instance of the SwSh Gym Leader theme being used as well.

I think the backlash is undeserved, this episode is comparable to many SM fillers. It feels like most of the hate comes from the idea that this episode somehow replaced an "Ash vs Korrina pt. 2", which I doubt is the case. Only real issue is OOC Ash making a joke after Magikarp "dies" and being more interested in noodles than Pokemon. That and 'Satoking' was fairly traumatizing.

In the end I'm a fan of battles so this isn't something I'm curious in seeing without captures.

I think Go just caught that Boldore offscreen at some point

it is inevitable that he’s going to start catching Pokémon off screen.

wait, did Boldore actually make a sound or could it have been a toy or something? Training apparatus to reference Magikarp jump

I would've liked this episode more if it is not in between 2 episodes with highly anticipated battles (Ash vs. Korrina and Leon vs. Raihan). This episode would be tolerable if it comes right after the episode where Go caught Magikarp. I think this is a wacky episode and I would rather watch this than go back to formulaic filler episodes from Johto.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom