• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN029: Electrifying Jealousy! Wanpachi's Feelings

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Rockets bad

No Morpeko Good

No Sobble meh

Uh Scyther has some screentime ohhhhhh!!

Wasn't it kind of obvious that the Pidove would be wild since it's a Unova Pokemon? With a few exceptions like Pichu and Lugia appearing in the wild in Kanto in this saga (which makes some sense since Johto is right next door), the writers have been consistent with keeping non Kanto wild Pokemon out of Kanto.

Sobble will probably just have a minor role considering most of the episode is gonna be taken up by Koharu, while it looks like Ash and Go will probably just show up at Sakuragi Park since Butterfree and Scyther are listed. To me, people are just automatically assuming the worst only because Go is involved.

Sobble is literally going to have a whole episode about him. Him barely showing up in an episode focusing on Koharu makes sense to me. Riolu didn’t show up in the episode after he was caught, either.

Last edited:
I also wouldn't read too much into Sobble not being listed. I'd actually be a little concerned if one of Goh's Pokemon was getting tons of screen time in an episode that's supposed to be focused on Chloe, especially right after having an entire episode about it.

The episode itself sounds great! I've really enjoyed the Chloe-focused episodes, and it's nice that we're seeing her whole family again.

The fact that several of Ash and Goh's Pokemon are credited suggests this story won't be giving Chloe as much screen time as I had hoped

It’s possible that they only appear at the beginning before the intro to show some training and end up having only a few limes before focusing on Koharu.

Alright Japan, this is an episode I’ve been looking forward to due to the prospect that it may continue Koharu’s development. Please don’t disappoint with any of the trolling you seem to love doing with this series.

Voice actor listings do matter when it comes to character importance though. Voice actors are listed alongside the more important/prominent characters they're voicing, like how Jessie is listed for Megumi over Raboot unless TRio is absent. So either Sobble doesn't appear in this episode or if it does, then it has a lower importance than Kikuna who's already a minor supporting character.

Might just be a one time occurrence with the cast listing for this episode in the latter case but if it happens again then I guess the answer will be clear.

I think its a case of Kikuna getting priority in the credits over Sobble, Sobble might appear or is absent, or might not even speak

Yeah, my bad. I brainfarted on the non-speaking role part. Still, the rest of the point stands for even the smallest spoken line.

Agreed, my problem is that they only credit 1 role per actor per episode, imagine how much easier things would be for Bulbapedia if they listed more roles per actor

It’s possible they put Kikuna above Sobble if Kikuna has more of a role in the episode than Sobble. I wouldn’t be surprised if both Kikuna and Renji end up having some conversation with Prof. Sakuragi in the episode or something, which is more than Sobble will probably have since Ash and Go aren’t the main focus.

I don’t get why they don’t just list both, though.

With Kikuna being one of Sakuragi's assistants and the episode based around the Sakuragi family kids I don't think it's too unlikely that Kikuna will get a decent speaking role. She got a few scenes in the last Koharu episode as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom