• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN030: The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary from Dephender:

A road trip with with Pikachu and Mimey?
Th-That could be interesting... :unsure:

So this is turning out to be more of a Mimey focus episode than a Pikachu focused one. Mimey is getting usage. They are working towards its next battle. Mimey in this episode getting focus makes this episode 8/10 for me already.

That summary has me groaning already. This is already one of the most overused and lazy plotlines in existence, yet they have the brilliant idea to ruin Pikachu's character and make him act so OOC that no fan would ever buy it for a second. If they had Riolu or even Gengar revolt, at least that would be a little more believable. Not looking forward to this one or the inevitable backlash it receives. -1 point for Mr. Mime's involvement in the plot.

Last edited:
If they had Riolu or even Gengar revolt, at least that would be a little more believable.
Actually, any member of Ash’s current party would be more believable. Riolu’s a baby, so it’s bound to throw tantrums. Gengar was abandoned for three years, so it feeling angry when Ash isn’t favoring it makes sense. Farfetch’d might just get pissed off that it’s already being kicked aside a few days after being promised intense battles. Mimey had constant company and love from Delia, so being unable to connect with Ash might take a toll on it. And with how clingy Dragonite can be, I can totally see it getting anxious over not receiving attention.

Why is Pikachu acting like a spoiled brat in 2020? Of all Pokémon Pikachu. I would accept Meowth doing this (He already did in Sun&Moon).

He did not do it with Chikorita, with Chimchar, with Scraggy, with Noibat or Goomy, with Litten.. Why now with a baby Pokémon?

Don't get me wrong the episodes sound interesting since it is a reminiscent of why Pikachu leaved Kangaskhan cause he thought there was not space for him.

But the reason behind it sounds really stupid.

I think there will be some plot twist. Like at first it will look as if Pikachu is jealous of Riolu but at the end it's revealed he fled because of another reason.

It looks more like this is setting up an understanding between Pikachu and Riolu so they can work better together considering Riolu is gonna be out of the ball a lot more, at least until it evolves into Lucario and get’s bigger.

Perhaps Ash actually gets too into training with Riolu and accidentally tells Pikachu off, which makes him mad? I doubt Pikachu is leaving but if Ash and Pikachu get into a fight, he probably just doesn’t want to see him right now.

Last edited:
If Ash will show that relationship with Riolu is more important for him now so Pikachu should wait somewhere else, it's not quite out of character for Pikachu that he really will leave laboratory to wait "somewhere" till Ash will change his mind (or forever).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom