• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN073: Captain Pikachu! Advance, Tairetsu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Ash/Satoshi get anything else Pokemon wise?
Some people are speculating on him catching Eiscue, but the Nincada line, Falinks, Chansey, Mimikyu, Slaking, Girafarig, Unown, and Elgyem all appeared in a recent magazine scan. Said scan also shows Jirachi, Darkrai, and Cresselia, but they are unlikely to be caught.

Summary and VA list courtesy of Adamant

The leader, brass, of a group of Tairetsu, Pokémon that work together as 6, has gone missing due to its self-doubt as a successful commander... so with no leader around, Pikachu makes a surprising decision...?!

Summary:
Satoshi and Go have gone to the Galar region in order to research Tairetsu. There they find a group of Tairetsu that's completely out of sync. In turn out the Tairetsu accidentally got separated, so Go goes to help the brass, the leader, while Satoshi helps the other troopers. It appears the brass is depressed because of its inability to command the troopers well.... so with no leader around, Pikachu makes a surprising decision...?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Aceburn
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Shinichiro Miki: Hassam
Kenta Miyake: Korippo
Kei Shindo: Raichu
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Tatsuki Kobe: Tairetsu
Shogo Sakata: Tairetsu
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi : Narration

Summary and VA list courtesy of Adamant

The leader, brass, of a group of Tairetsu, Pokémon that work together as 6, has gone missing due to its self-doubt as a successful commander... so with no leader around, Pikachu makes a surprising decision...?!

Summary:
Satoshi and Go have gone to the Galar region in order to research Tairetsu. There they find a group of Tairetsu that's completely out of sync. In turn out the Tairetsu accidentally got separated, so Go goes to help the brass, the leader, while Satoshi helps the other troopers. It appears the brass is depressed because of its inability to command the troopers well.... so with no leader around, Pikachu makes a surprising decision...?!
I would've preferred Pikachu leading his actual, you know, teammates, but I guess I'll see where this goes... :unsure: (Journeys, don't fail me now...especially with a core character trait of Pikachu's...)

If Pikachu is unable to feel any kind of connection with his teammates but quickly develops a bond with a random squad he has just met....

Then something is clearly wrong there.
Honestly, forming bonds with pokemon he's just met is pretty normal for Pikachu. See XY045. :bulbaLove::bulbaLove::bulbaLove: (Though the teammate thing just swerves back to Ash's pokemon not getting enough screen time)
1625760028235.png
1625760048669.png
1625760072050.png

Man, if only the main cast had a brave and gallant knight or a precocious fighter in need of some grounding to fill the role of leader for these Fallinks.

Oh well, plug mouse it is.
Srsly why do the writers usually have Ash just bring Pikachu. Most of Ash's other team get like a minute of screentime, like in episode 71

Man, if only the main cast had a brave and gallant knight or a precocious fighter in need of some grounding to fill the role of leader for these Fallinks.

Oh well, plug mouse it is.
Pikachu is better size and color. Perhaps that's why the Falinks chooses him.

Last edited:
Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Screenplay 面出明美 (Akemi Omode)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 大和田麗衣 (Rei Ōwada)
Animation Director 倉員千晶 (Chiaki Kurakazu)
Animation Director 斎藤香 (Kaori Saito)

And once again the TRio are missing from an episode that could've used them...:(

And once again another special guest VA wasted on a Pokemon. At least this means someone probably won't get Eiscue.

Reactions: Jez
And once again the TRio are missing from an episode that could've used them...:(

And once again another special guest VA wasted on a Pokemon. At least this means someone probably won't get Eiscue.
Could've used them in what way? They're not the only possible source of conflict.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's a guest voice actor.

Given Pikachu's role with Falinks, I would so love to have Ash catch it but with Sirfetch'd and Lucario, I don't see Ash getting a third Fighting type so it will probably get caught by Goh or by some miracle, evade capture

Or a third escenario.....

The Brass wants to be caught by Gou; but the troopers prefer going with Pikachu, and by extension Satoshi.

Whose choice is the one that matters more?
Or will this end up as Tyranny vs Democracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom