• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN088: Trial Mission! The Deep Sea Diver Research Team!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingdra doesn't really sound more difficult than Flygon, Golurk, Absol, or...SUICUNE. But we haven't seen a diving episode in ages so I'll take it. Hopefully fish Pokemon not named Magikarp finally get to do something different than being background decorations.
Soo… 30 episodes after Project Mew was so damn hyped up, Goh is still yet to be officially a part of it?

Goodness gracious, what even is going on anymore
From what I got from the other Project Mew episodes is that medals work like ribbons and are the main objective on the series, with Project Mew itself being kinda like a Gran Festival. The problem is that the writers haven't defined how many medals are needed to enter, maybe because they don't want to limit themselves because of hiatuses, COVID breaks and all that.

Kingdra doesn't really sound more difficult than Flygon, Golurk, Absol, or...SUICUNE. But we haven't seen a diving episode in ages so I'll take it. Hopefully fish Pokemon not named Magikarp finally get to do something different than being background decorations.
I get the feeling that the reason why they probably used Kingdra for this is because it is a Pokemon that can have the ability Sniper. Just like how Inteleon can.

When you think it about it, a wild Kingdra is actually a pretty good opponent for Goh's Inteleon

On top of both having access to the same Sniper ability, Kingdra is a Pokemon that's pretty Strong enough to give Inteleon enough of a challenge without being too easy. (Like how Roggenrola went down in one shot)

But at the same it's not TOO overwhelmingly OP to the point that it would look unreasonable or unrealistic for Inteleon to defeat it in Battle

I can find Goh's Inteleon defeating a wild Kingdra believable as opposed to say, Goh's Raboot landing a hit on a Zapdos lol

I need a little news about the Team Rocket, just a very little one or I'll go completely crazy. Please don't tell me that we'll have nothing about them for the whole month of November and mid-December, no… No… NO!!!! TT_TT
Don’t be surprised if they’re slowly phased out of the show without acknowledging it happened.
So you'd rather not see your favorite for another two decades?
How did this logical leap happen?

Wait a sec.

If and I do mean IF Goh's Inteleon does have Sniper as it's Ability, would that be the 1st time in the Anime's history that a Starter has had it's Hidden Ability? Or was there another instance?

Unless you count Greninja's Battle Bond?

Is it just me, or has Project Mew devolved into busy work to give Goh something to do besides catch Pokemon? (Poorly)

Is it just me, or has Project Mew devolved into busy work to give Goh something to do besides catch Pokemon? (Poorly)
That's essentially what this episode sounds like though. First did have a capture, but that one's purpose was simply rescuing Ninetales to bring it to its home I think, so that one wasn't kept by Goh. The second was protecting the Volcarona and getting scales. This one though is certainly setup for another capture that'll serve no real purpose in the end other than a token for Goh...and disappear as usual.

Dueling Heroes was my favourite episode featuring Kingdra.

Not only it was its debut, it also had some tricks.
Satoshi and Waninoko won by waiting for the right moment to strike, or rather bite.

The other reason was because of its trainer, Tsurio.....
Setting up a duel between Matsumoto Rica and Park Romi.

Kingdra's portrayal in this episode will be very underwhelming.

That's essentially what this episode sounds like though. First did have a capture, but that one's purpose was simply rescuing Ninetales to bring it to its home I think, so that one wasn't kept by Goh. The second was protecting the Volcarona and getting scales. This one though is certainly setup for another capture that'll serve no real purpose in the end other than a token for Goh...and disappear as usual.
We don't know that for sure.

Kingdra might be handed over to the Project Mew Team since it's a requirement from them for Goh to capture it in order to become a Member

(Kingdra is a very hard to find Pokemon for the Project Mew team apparently)

Let’s be real here. The most likely scenario is that Project Mew was created by the writers to give Go something actually to do because they realized that, in execution, a character whose entire goal is nothing but chucking balls at everything that breaths isn’t very interesting. Problem being, just like with the PWC, it sounded better on paper and they have no real idea how to implement it so it just feels like filler busy work with no real connective tissue as a result.

Honestly, I doubt that Kingdra or Inteleon's abilities would be acknowledged on screen. At most just heavily implied.

Assuming Inteleon and Kingdra actually do battle here, this might be the 1st time that we ever actually get to see an Inteleon have a full on battle

And I'm not just talking about this Anime either.

In the Manga, it's the only Galar Starter line who isn't participating the Gym Battles/The League

In Evolutions, it got one hit on Eternatus while Zacian and Zamazenta took care of the rest and we didn't get to see it battle Leon's Charizard.

And In this Video, look at all of these Pokemon fighting each other like savages! And then take a guess on who is literally the ONLY Galar Pokemon that's mysteriously absent? (Despite Sobble and Drizzile being present lmao)

It's like they deliberately go out of their way to avoid involving Inteleon in Battles lol

There were scenes with the Project Mew characters going after Regice and Regirock in the last preview so I assume it’s also from this episode

Why not? They've acknowledged Overgrow and Blaze

I can't remember if Torrent was ever acknowledged
That doesn’t really happen often. I’m doubtful about Sniper because it’s in game effect has never been translated on screen. (Critical hits). The abilities showcased conveniently have effects that are easy to depict on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom