• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN089: Dialga & Palkia! The Space-Time Cataclysm!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we sure that Kommo-o belongs to her? Cynthia already has her Garchomp out, and both dragons seem to be fighting each other. I'm guessing the image description confirms it, but I'm still a bit skeptical. Could be a Rocket Gatchat Pokemon, for all we know.
We see Cynthia commanding Kommo-o, and we also see robotic claws. My guess is AU Team Rocket tries to steal Garchomp, and Cynthia uses Kommo-o to free it from their grasp.

So people are wondering if Dawn's Buneary is going to evolve

How would you guys feel if this happened?
I'd feel a bit akward about it if this happened now all of a sudden but I've always been curious to see what would happen if Buneary became Lopunny

Would her crush on Pikachu remain intact?

I don't understand.

I should be excited for this.

It's a 2-Parter and it has Dawn and Cynthia in large roles

I should be excited for this.

I should be feeling hyped.

But.... I can't. I just can't feel hyped for this

And the worst part is that I can't even understand why?

thumb_tired-stu-rugrats-know-your-meme-53150099.png
It's JN we are talking about here. It's not rocket science.

I think we all know why...

I'm not sure why it can't? If anything, it would be interesting to have Buneary evolve and keep her crush because there's a sense of individualism there. Buneary evolving indicates a close friendship with Dawn, but retaining her crush on Pikachu indicates that the evolution didn't change her personality. That, and, I've said this before, but having the girl be bigger or taller than the guy for once is really cool. Especially if Pikachu retains his awkard behavior around her. (Also, how many times has fully evolved pokemon saved Pikachu from danger? A lot. ;) )

It's JN we are talking about here. It's not rocket science.

I think we all know why...
That's not it at all, it's more that now that we're used to old characters returning seeing them again isn't so much a shock like it was the first time. Whether this arc turns out good or not we won't know till it airs, but it does seem like now that old characters are returning it's just not a big deal anymore.

So far both of Dawn's cameos if you combine them together at 4 eps look to he an improvement over her 8 ep BW return. So far the only thing her old cameo did better was let us see her other pokemon.

So people are wondering if Dawn's Buneary is going to evolve

How would you guys feel if this happened?
I'd feel a bit akward about it if this happened now all of a sudden but I've always been curious to see what would happen if Buneary became Lopunny

Honestly I'm not sure if that indicates anything, there’s a Prinplup there and Piplup won’t evolve no matter what.

View attachment 153296

After learning from their mistake last time, we're going to see Dawn's team this time!

Looks like the reason Piplup was kidnapped may be because it ran off upset from Dawn's scolding... Also, Mamoswine with the side-eye.
Awesome!

No evolutions, it seems, but hey, they could still happen on-screen.

Honestly Buneary is never going to evolve anyway so the only choice would be Quilava but that's unlikely to get any focus in this arc. Dawn's team just doesn't have a lot of potential for evolution.

View attachment 153296

After learning from their mistake last time, we're going to see Dawn's team this time!

Looks like the reason Piplup was kidnapped may be because it ran off upset from Dawn's scolding... Also, Mamoswine with the side-eye.
The other members of the team must have arranged a bingo game for whenever Piplup storms off by this point.

“Well deserved scolding? Got it.”

“Misunderstanding? Here!”

“Team Rocket noses in? Check!”

“One of us learning a new move? We’re in for it.”

“Repetitive heart to heart reassuring? We know it’s coming.”

Jokes aside, I missed these guys

I assume the scene is from a flashback since Piplup is with the others. It probably happens right before the AU Dawn kidnaps Piplup with her to the other dimension.

It was bad enough to learn that Hikari hadn't bettered her initial go at the contest circuit since we last saw her, but now she hasn't changed her roster in nine years?!

I'm now convinced the writers are trolling us with Hikari... "Oh, so you wanted to see her Pokemon? Here you go, exactly the same as you remember them HA!"

I'm thinking back to when Haruka made her guest appearance in Diamond and Pearl; she'd only been gone a year and a half but managed four evolutions in that time. Now we have Hikari who has managed NOTHING since she's been gone. Has she just been lounging around at home? No wonder Togekiss has shrunk.

It was bad enough to learn that Hikari hadn't bettered her initial go at the contest circuit since we last saw her, but now she hasn't changed her roster in nine years?!

I'm now convinced the writers are trolling us with Hikari... "Oh, so you wanted to see her Pokemon? Here you go, exactly the same as you remember them HA!"

I'm thinking back to when Haruka made her guest appearance in Diamond and Pearl; she'd only been gone a year and a half but managed four evolutions in that time. Now we have Hikari who has managed NOTHING since she's been gone. Has she just been lounging around at home? No wonder Togekiss has shrunk.
Why does she need new Pokemon though? She's a coordinator working on her same team and remember May technically never made a capture since AG ended either.

For Dawn she doesn't have much potential for evolutions either since Buneary is one of those cute pokemon the writers seem to like as is, and Quilava is the only real option. So I'm wondering what the big deal is? Besides the Mega stone, Misty hasn't had a new Pokemon in 15 years since her Azurill in AG too.

Why does she need new Pokemon though? She's a coordinator working on her same team and remember May technically never made a capture since AG ended either.

For Dawn she doesn't have much potential for evolutions either since Buneary is one of those cute pokemon the writers seem to like as is, and Quilava is the only real option. So I'm wondering what the big deal is? Besides the Mega stone, Misty hasn't had a new Pokemon in 15 years since her Azurill in AG too.
Misty at least had some changes to her team during her returns, as did May and Iris. Dawn, meanwhile, hasn't had any team changes during either of her reunions with Ash so far. The closest to a change is Quilava, who technically still evolved during the DP series.

This is exactly how I feel tbh. Even if she didn't had any all-new Pokémon, I still think Buneary and Quilava should've evolved. Or at least one of them.

Like, Iris managed to become champion, get Axew to full evolve and was even implied to have a fully-evolved Goodra. But Dawn has been gone longer than she has and she didn't got anything? No new mons, no evos, nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom