• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN099: Mary of Spike Town!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasnt there something about Gengar getting Dazzling Gleam over Psychic (And yes, until it happens it most likely was a mistake). This would be the perfect episode for that and Dazzling Gleam is more useful than Psychic anyways, since it covers Gengars Dark weakness.

I guess Pikachu is gonna be used here alongside Gengar (Since i think we get a Pikachu vs Morpeko match-up and i hope Morpeko thrashes Pikachu). Then Sirfetch'd vs Morpeko. Sirfetch'd wins. And then its a double knock-out vs Scrafty. Final battle is Gengar vs Grimmsnarl. Gengar is on the receiving end, but makes a comeback by learning Dazzling Gleam over Psychic.

Wasnt there something about Gengar getting Dazzling Gleam over Psychic (And yes, until it happens it most likely was a mistake). This would be the perfect episode for that and Dazzling Gleam is more useful than Psychic anyways, since it covers Gengars Dark weakness.
Yeah. It was listen in its moveset in a clip show special. But the same clip show also didn't list Draco Meteor in Dragonite's moveset, so it remains to be seen.

Marnie got 8 badges in the games (and then became a gym leader), so I don't see the big deal about her being about as strong as Bea in the anime. I will continue to say that the main problem with the PWC is that we're still seeing gym-tier battles this late into the game instead of E4-tier battles.
Yeah I wouldn't mind at all if Ash battled Marnie in Super Class around the time he battled Korrina, but this feels really late. Marnie being such a top tier trainer feels strange given this is the first we're seeing of her.

Interview with Hiro Shimono

Nezu's voice actor Hiro Shimono admitted that "This isn't my first role in a Pocket Monsters TV series, but it's been quite a while since my other one, so I was a bit nervous about this... (laughs) But when I was at the dubbing session, I was entirely focused on doing my absolute best."

"Nezu has some very particular preferences when it comes to Pokémon battling, but I'm able to relate to people like that... and once I started playing the character, I started liking him more and more; There are other sides to him as well, like how despite the way he looks, he's actually really fond of his sister Marie
, he told us. I had lots of fun playing a character with such a deceptive appearance, so please look forward to seeing the Spike Siblings in action, okay?"

Marie's voice actress Yui Ogura told us that "The Pocket Monsters video games and anime have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember, so I was really happy when I got cast as Marie. I felt that she's not just a cute character, but a very strong-willed and cool girl."

"Especially during battles she fights with a lot of passion that really makes her determination shine through. She assaults Satoshi with all she's got in order to express that passion,
she said. I got to record this episode together with Nezu's voice actor Shimono-san, and during the dubbing he treated me like he really was my big brother. I think the good tone we had might have made its way into our performances, so I really hope you'll look forward to this episode"

The current Pokémon anime is the 7th in the series. It's a story that's set in every region that's appeared thus far and features the double protagonists Satoshi and Go going on adventures in all kinds of places with Pikachu and their other partners, with all kinds of Pokémon that live in the various regions appearing.

Cool, Spikemuth time at least. It's great news that it will feature a battle with a passionate Marnie. But are we sure that this isn't episode 98 and that it comes after another break?

If Marnie goes steals Serena's boyfriend when she finds out. I hope her will find a little jealousy surprise.

I doubt Clemont will be mentioned in the episode.

So Marnie's debut is a Hyper class oppnent for Ash and its likely a 2 parter? YES!! Hoping Gengar or Sirfetch'd get to finally do something. Lucario is also a good pick for Marnie's Dark types, but other Pokemon need the focus and wins more right now. Sirfetch'd is the better Pokemon to use here, so hoping Sirfetch'd gets used.

Marnie is apparently stronger than most Gym leaders, Iris, etc. in the anime. This is why I didn't want the Galar rivals in the PWC, seeing rookie trainers high level than experienced Gym leader veterans feels odd. Marnie could be lower ranked than Volkner but she's still in Ultra class.
One thing that could rectify this is if Piers is in the Master 8. I personally think that Piers is in the Master 8 right after Raihan. It would make sense, since in the games it's stated that Piers nearly defeated Raihan, all the while refusing to Dynamax.

Another thing I want to happen is Piers and Team Yell to play Marnie's theme song. Right before the battle starts, Piers rips a sweet chord on his guitar.

Why did they have to cast Shimono-san as Nezu......?

This is the worst thing Journeys has done, ever.

Only for that, I am going to skip any episode with him.

Found this on twitter

FKLsojXaAAAuNDd.jpg

Sounds like a 2 parter, with part 2 being the battle. Or at least I hope so. Especially since Galar needs more love again!

Also...anyone else hope Ash loses here? The PWC is moving a bit fast and he need some losses. And Marnie sure as heck needs a win after being kept away so long...
Seriously, the Show used Cara Liss of all people before her (and a bunch of of Galar characters). And that's just wrong...

I never get why people want Ash to lose more....

Why did they have to cast Shimono-san as Nezu......?

This is the worst thing Journeys has done, ever.

Only for that, I am going to skip any episode with him.
My knowledge of actors is limited, is it a weird casting choice. Like having Kevin M Richardson voice Milo?

I wouldn't mind Ash losing because it means more PWC battles and Marnie could be a recurring character than just one and done. If Ash beats her here for example I don't really see her appearing again. But if Ash loses he'll get a rematch like Bea.

Depending on when gen 9 launches we may not have that much time left in JN, and a loss to Marnie requiring another battle with her might take up time needed for the Master class as well as Gou and Koharu/Chloe's stories.
On averge a three year series gets about 140 or so episodes but JN lost some episodes to Corvid. Combine the filler episodes and there may not be too much space left.

Depending on when gen 9 launches we may not have that much time left in JN, and a loss to Marnie requiring another battle with her might take up time needed for the Master class as well as Gou and Koharu/Chloe's stories.
On averge a three year series gets about 140 or so episodes but JN lost some episodes to Corvid. Combine the filler episodes and there may not be too much space left.
I doubt we're getting a new gen this year. 3 years was before they needed to develop Switch games and Sword/Shield were rushed. There's also likely going to be DLC for Legends Arceus later this year. There's also no indication this series has to end when Gen 9 comes out either, but that's for a different topic. The show not being confined to one generation or set of characters and pokemon anymore is giving them a lot more freedom.

Cool, Spikemuth time at least. It's great news that it will feature a battle with a passionate Marnie. But are we sure that this isn't episode 98 and that it comes after another break?

I doubt Clemont will be mentioned in the episode.
Found this on twitter

Excellent, We just wait when the next episode comes on, if Marine with Ash will be the bait to make jealous when she shows up in the future as we saw the theory video that is said: "Will Marnie Fall in Love with Ash???"

The anime isn't going to do the same in the video game but she doesn't know that.

If Marnie and Ash get teased will the slash fans attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom