• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN124: The Semifinals III: "Valor"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true, it would make Lucario's win actually easier to swallow. I guess we'll see.

LOL, I remember that. People thought Leon would use Mega Charizard Y against Diantha...

I can live with Cynthia using Dynamax Togekiss because we already saw her Garchomp undergo Mega Evolution and she looked like a total badass against Iris's Haxorus, but I'm going to be royally pissed if Leon's Charizard uses mega evolution instead of Gigantamax while fighting Lucario or Pikachu (whichever one is the last mon standing).

Although it's pretty hard to keep track of all the pots on serebii, the way I see it some people are arguing Cynthia would be dynamaxing her Togekiss based on some fanart(!), a dubious twitter account that has been online since June 2022 and a post showing a picture of a Dynamxed Togekiss that has clearly been taken from the games.

Correct me if I'm wrong but all this smells a lot like clickbaiting and fake news

Although it's pretty hard to keep track of all the pots on serebii, the way I see it some people are arguing Cynthia would be dynamaxing her Togekiss based on some fanart(!), a dubious twitter account that has been online since June 2022 and a post showing a picture of a Dynamxed Togekiss that has clearly been taken from the games.

Correct me if I'm wrong but all this smells a lot like clickbaiting and fake news
This Twitter account has actually been accurate though. They're not basing it on fanart, they're just using that as a placeholder image.

This Twitter account has actually been accurate though. They're not basing it on fanart, they're just using that as a placeholder image.
Well, I'm not denying they're accurate (although I wish they are not in this case)
However, just claiming something without any evidence, (official) source or anything like that is worthless if you ask me

Last edited:
People seem to be speculating Cynthia will use Dynamax on Togekiss instead of using Mega Garchomp this match
Yeah, it will be odd if Cynthia really does that. Because Garchomp is her ace Pokemon and why would she waste this opportunity by using Dynamax on a Pokemon that's not her ace? That's why I find that odd.

If G-max Toge is real (which btw is so random that it's probably correct), then once again I'm confused by the writers.

They want Ash to appear strong and win against notable trainers, but they can't fully commit to it. Instead having him deal with a non Mega evolved Garchomp, despite showcasing her the round before.
Hell, they made a better point with Iris' Haxorus almost going even with M-Garchomp.

How is her not using a mega against Ash (and likely losing) going to be a satisfying end result to both characters?

If Cynthia dynamaxes her Togekiss, isnt the most obvious reason because she wants to knock out whatever it’s facing before Garchomp even enters the field?

Just like Spiritomb Destiny Bonding Pikachu, I feel like it’s a sign of her taking Ash seriously, not going easy on him or whatever.

If Cynthia dynamaxes her Togekiss, isnt the most obvious reason because she wants to knock out whatever it’s facing before Garchomp even enters the field?

Just like Spiritomb Destiny Bonding Pikachu, I feel like it’s a sign of her taking Ash seriously, not going easy on him or whatever.
Cynthia dynamaxing Togekiss when Lucario has Steel Beam and Bullet Punch plus Plot Armor is stupid.
Base Garchomp should destroy 50% health Lucario but that won’t happen because ASHCARIO HAS TO WIN

Clearly, the writers realised they accidentally gave Gigantamax/Dynamax a win over Mega Evolution in JN122, and were like 'F**k! We gotta remedy that as soon as possible. Quick, get Cynthia to Dynamax Togekiss, so that Mega Lucario can beat the s**t out of it!'.

Clearly, the writers realised they accidentally gave Gigantamax/Dynamax a win over Mega Evolution in JN122, and were like 'F**k! We gotta remedy that as soon as possible. Quick, get Cynthia to Dynamax Togekiss, so that Mega Lucario can beat the s**t out of it!'.
Just say tnx Charizard didnt win as its normal form

And if my hunch is right, it's going to get one (against Milotic most likely.) Maaaaaybe even a new move too, but I won't hold my breath. (Leaf Blade, please!!)
Because they let Sirfetch'd face 2 of the best pokemom Cynthia got, and the name Valor, and the need for Ash to catcj things up... I bet Sirfetch'd time to shine is now or never. Maybe, just maybe ,even he will be the MVP of the episode (ehem someone will have to be that in Ash's side, Lucario already get the 3rd epiaode of the match and we know he will be switched).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom