• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN129: The Finals I: "Torrent"

Well, can God or one of his angels be wrong? ;)
OK, let's get a bit more serious again: If you get the feeling that Ash and Leon have such a huge fanbase glorifying and trying to explain everything they do, then you can't help but do the same for our dignified Queen, too.
You… you do know that half the internet is still shitting on Ash because of mistakes he made in Kanto, right?

You… you do know that half the internet is still shitting on Ash because of mistakes he made in Kanto, right?
I'm talking about those fans who can be taken seriously, not some random kiddies. You'll always find such kind of "fans" for every frenchise but those shouldn't concern us that much.
What I'm saying is that nowadays fans tend to accept and glorify everything Ash and Leon does just because "it's canon"... But just because it's canon doesn't automatically prevent it from making no sense. We call that bad writing.

I'm talking about those fans who can be taken seriously, not some random kiddies.
Who makes you the authority who gets to dictate and gatekeep the "quality" of fans? Even writing that word makes me feel sick.
What I'm saying is that nowadays fans tend to accept and glorify everything Ash and Leon does just because "it's canon"
Who are you to paint all fans with a single brush?
Fans tend to accept and glorify anything Cynthia does. Sounds familiar?

If you’re trying to be a satire or troll account, please stop.

Who makes you the authority who gets to dictate and gatekeep the "quality" of fans? Even writing that word makes me feel sick.
You're getting me wrong. I'm not judging fans. I was replying to this post:

What I wanted to say is of course there are all kind of crazy opinions out there (Still bashing Ash for old mistakes etc. ) But should it affect our discussion here?
That's why I'm a member here on Bulbagarden, because unlike other places, discussions are mostly governed by reason and logic and those crazy opinions don't need to affect the current discussion. So, yes you could indeed say there are better discussion of high quality on some forums, while on other forums there's a lack of them (But that was not my point here)

The battle between Gengar and Inteleon was definitely one of the best parts of this episode for me, and probably one of the coolest parts of said battle was this particular segement with Inteleon:

Edit: I changed the video above as this was the version I wanted anyway; the video I had up before I had settled for because I was having trouble finding this one on Twitter.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom