• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN139: Takeshi and Dent and the Forest Witch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the women of PokeWorld have finally had enough of Brock's crap!

I hope the snark Ash displayed to Misty won't be limited to the previous episode. It would be hilarious if he acts all sassy to Misty and then immediately switches to his BW persona when talking to Cilan.

Also, I hope to see a reaction like this:

Cilan: It's Detective Time!
Misty: (in disbelief) ...THIS is the guy your lure is based on?

I hope Takeshi decides to be a Breeder again after that. Pokémon Doctor thing never made any sense.

I hope Takeshi decides to be a Breeder again after that. Pokémon Doctor thing never made any sense.
It made perfect sense considering he was the one who had been the expert when it came to Pokémon care in the group. Meanwhile beyond him saying he wanted to be a breeder, nothing ever came of that from his actions.

It made perfect sense considering he was the one who had been the expert when it came to Pokémon care in the group. Meanwhile beyond him saying he wanted to be a breeder, nothing ever came of that from his actions.
Pokémon care is literally the whole point of being a pokémon breeder.
The buildup to him becoming a doctor actually started in AG. DP was just the culmination of that buildup.
That's he's being a breeder. He was treating pokémon before AG too.

Pokémon care is literally the whole point of being a pokémon breeder.
Pokémon care is an umbrella of a lot of things when it comes to paths in the Pokemon world. Being a breeder has a very specific thing it requires that’s right in the title.

Because he's a breeder.
And do tell at what point the breeding part of being a breeder came into play. Typically when one has the title of breeder they breed the animal in question.

Pokémon care is an umbrella of a lot of things when it comes to paths in the Pokemon world. Being a breeder has a very specific thing it requires that’s right in the title.

And do tell at what point the breeding part of being a breeder came into play. Typically when one has the title of breeder they breed the animal in question.
It's been established that in the anime, Breeders don't actually breed Pokémon, partially because the concept of breeders was introduced before breeding itself was a concept in the games.

But yeah. I still see Brock becoming a Doctor a natural part of his character growth.

I was perfectly fine with Brock becoming a Pokemon Doctor. It made sense with how frequent he'd take care of Pokemon, especially in AG and DP, and it gave him a new goal to work on off-screen. Despite working on becoming a Pokemon Breeder for multiple series, it's hard to say how much progress he had made when being a Breeder was more about raising and caring for Pokemon. Becoming a Pokemon Doctor was more concrete by comparison.

Now that he's a Pokemon Doctor, I don't think that they'll have him become a Breeder again. I assume he'll want to travel to help take care of injured Pokemon or open a clinic somewhere instead.

I can't imagine Brock is going to decide to no longer be a Pokémon doctor just because of anything that happens in this episode. It really is a nice fit for his character, honestly. I always found the breeder goal to be a little too undefined/open ended.

Also, don't do Brock like that, he probably spent so much time and money on Pokémon medical school ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom