• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN145: Rocket-dan Strikes Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I'm honestly not 100% on board with the idea of Team Rocket having a proper conclusion anymore, considering there's been zero build-up to something like that. I feel the same for almost every main character too; it would feel rushed no matter how it's framed.

I've waited so long to see Mine Jr again!!! T_T ... I hope it's not going to be Ash who will carry it in his arms throughout the episode.……..

Trailer shows Hawlucha beating up Gourgeist and Infernape dealing with Carnivine, which they respectively have fought before. Would be cool if Ash pulled out a Hoenn and Unova mon to deal with the TR ones they have experience with.
Bring back my boy Swellow. Let him do something so his last action isn't getting destroyed by Trollbias.

Trailer shows Hawlucha beating up Gourgeist and Infernape dealing with Carnivine, which they respectively have fought before. Would be cool if Ash pulled out a Hoenn and Unova mon to deal with the TR ones they have experience with.
I was thinking the same thing! :D Maybe Scraggy or Pignite for Unova mons? (But then he'd have three Fighting types on the team at once.....yeesh.) Or hell, maybe even......Palpitoad!? (More likely though, it'll probably be Krookodile, if anything.) As for Hoenn mons, maybe Swellow or Torkoal? (Hopefully Glalie though, it needs the screentime more.)
Bring back my boy Swellow. Let him do something so his last action isn't getting destroyed by Trollbias.
Seriously. Our boy Swellow deserved better than that disrespect, especially after its awesome showing in the Hoenn league, and throughout Hoenn and Battle Frontier really. One of Ash's best birds, no doubt, and one of my favorite avian Pokemon at that too. :) Perhaps a new move for our feathered friend before the end? (Speaking of which, anybody think any of Ash's older Pokemon will get new moves in this episode? :unsure:)

Last edited:
I'd prefer to mix it up. Have Ash's Glalie or whatever fight Yamask. Have Mime Jr. and Gourgeist pair up for an attack. Why sticking with pairings that have been done countless times before when you can get much fresher interactions instead? That's kinda the point of any all-stars approach, isn't it?

Oh boy, hearing "Mane-mane" on the preview again after all these years really gave me all the feels.
While we are all expecting (are we?) a big farewell episode for Team Rocket, judging from the preview this really feels like it will only be a fun episode with Team Rocket bonding and fighting with their old Pokémon - Mime Jr. and its cute trap (with a great facial expression by Pikachu), Frillish and Yamask laughing together, Carnivine and Gourgeist having a Scooby Doo type fight with Hawlucha and Infernape...
I am perfectly on board of having a fun episode with Team Rocket bonding and having fun with their old Pokémon, but I really am not getting the feels of "the last Team Rocket episode".
Maybe it will indeed be their last episode, maybe they will continue to appear on the last 2 episodes of MPM, or maybe deep breath they will continue to appear on the SV anime (I know I am getting my hopes up up up, but this would really be what I really want to happen... My hopes will get crushed next week, I know).
All in all, I am really looking forward to this episode. It makes sense that they are focusing on their old Pokémon, as MPM is being more focused on the Pokémon themselves than on the human characters.

After seeing the preview I'm more optimistic this will be a fun episode, but also more convinced this will not be a send-off episode.

My gut feeling is this will just be a fun, nostalgic episode to celebrate all of the Rocket trio's crazy schemes over the years and their old Pokemon. I do wish we had gotten this way earlier, but I'll take what I can get. I'm also going to go out on a limb and say this won't be the last time we see the trio. I see this being their last big hurrah, sure, but I would be shocked if they weren't in the last episode. Whether or not they get a non-ending like Satoshi most likely will, or if they actually get something good is yet to be seen, but whatever ending they get I don't think will be in this episode. Maybe the writers will set something up for the last episode, but I don't see this being the end.

If this episode does end up being the end for them, I agree with others that it would be nice if seeing all of their old friends (and their BW Pokemon) reminds them of what's truly important to them- and after losing to Pikachu at the end of this episode decide to leave the Rocket organization with all of their old friends (and their BW Pokemon). I'd be shocked if Arbo and Matadogas don't even get a mention or flashback here, especially with all of the Kanto nostalgia this series loves to do.

I'm also curious why the summaries keep saying this will "put everything on the line". It could just be to hype the episode up, but it will be interesting to see if it actually is something from the episode. Maybe in order to get their old Pokemon from HQ they put their careers or reputations on the line? Probably not.

I’m actually hoping that this is a send off for following Ash, for the time being since they said they where never going to give up on getting Pikachu. I’m actually hoping that they would be in the next series, it would be like BW and SM where they are sent to the region on Giovanni’s order but this time Ash isn’t in the region.

The last screenshot is almost definitely a motto- I wonder if the second to last shot is also part of one? Would be nice for their entire teams to be included.

But man the exclusion of some Pokémon (despite the justification) is really apparent here. I guess some is better than none!

But man the exclusion of some Pokémon (despite the justification) is really apparent here. I guess some is better than none!
I never noticed how so many of the most memorable TR Pokémon were the ones not at H.Q. until this episode.. Can't complain since we still got a solid crew regardless but I would love to see Mimikyu + Mareanie one last time too

I definitely feel that desire to see some of their (arguably more) iconic Pokemon who are, as you've all said, quite noticeably absent here. But I suppose perhaps some of what made them more iconic is the fact they got proper sendoffs? Episodes like Arbok/Matadogas, Sabonea, Dokucale leaving are amongst the most memorable in the series even with non-TRio fans, so I'm somewhat at peace with them not being brought back for an episode-long nostalgia fest. Whereas I've been bitter till now about how their DP mons got nothing (especially Habunake who is one of the longest tenured/most episode appearing Pokemon in the entire series!!)

I don't know what I'm trying to say. I guess I'm ok with what we're getting? I wouldn't yet rule out the possibility of their other noteworthy Pokemon appearing either in flashback or real/imagined "where are they now" cameos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom