• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JNS06: Winds of Beginning! The Endless Road!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extended summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi and Pikachu continue their adventure, going wherever the wind blows, chasing the distant dream that is "Pokémon Master".
They've been interacting with wild Pokémon they meet along the way, while the Rocket Gang plots to steal Pikachu...
And that's how the days go on this neverending adventure. But one day while traveling through a forest, they encounter the legendary Pokémon Latias, injured...!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mayumi Iizuka: Kasumi
Yuji Ueda: Takeshi
Kenyu Horiuchi: Professor Okido
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth

The dub is irrelevent. What matters is how the original version classifies it.
One of the XY specials was dubbed as the finale for the dub season XYZ (dub title Legends of X, Y and Z), but wasn’t produced as a regular season episode so I agree with this.

Ash looks so ugly! Bring back the XY art style!!!
Budget constraints/lack of animators.

Edit: What I was trying to say here was my reasoning for why the animation in the Pokemon anime hasn't been as good since the XY series ended. Though I do agree it's the style itself that's the problem. I guess it's because, in my opion at least, that Sugimori's design for the (human?) characters isn't as good as it used to be.

Last edited:
I don't really see the problem with Ash's Journeys design to begin with. It looks fine and there's nothing particularly ugly with how he looks in that image either. Maybe it helps that I don't think that Ash's XY design is the absolute best either, but I don't understand the complaints beyond hyping up XY some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom