• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kanto/Johto Sequels

I think it would make breezing through the game very easy if you're given a lvl 40 starter. And, for those who prefer to keep unevolved starters, they would need an everstone the moment they start the game, since a single level up may trigger the evolution.

It is not a rule that Lillie may meet a single person in her whole life. People get new friends...

I was thinking it'll be a fully evolved starter because the point is to really get the sense of continuation from Sun Moon. But yes I get that you would breeze through at least the first half of the game pretty easily. However, I guess you still have the choice to not use the starter either? Maybe it'll be easier and better to just have someone give you a new pokemon altogether, perhaps Vulpix or just the Kanto starters again I guess.

As for your other point, I know that people get new friends and nobody is saying that it's a rule for Lillie to meet a single person in her whole life either. The point I was trying to make by putting things as such is the continuation of Sun Moon's story. On the same note, I am expecting Hau to return as well. As such, it would be weird if Lillie and Hau just replaced your player character with a brand new person. Of course the easier way to go about this would be to just have another brand new player character step into the story as a brand new friend to Lillie and Hau but I would find that less exciting.

Personally, I'd prefer a Pikachu which you CAN evolve into Raichu.

Pikachu again... It totally makes sense but I would prefer something more exciting like Eevee? Would be nice too since Lillie's starter is likely to be Eevee as she's there to look for Bill. They can take this time to introduce new eeveelutions as well... I thought of Vulpix cause Alolan Vulpix seems to be Lillie's signature pokemon but I realised that that's the anime and not the game.

What if in a hypothetical Kanto/Johto sequel, we get to play Lillie (with the option to customize) or a new male trainer who journeys with Lillie. I imagine it would be similar to rivals in Gen 1-3, but mostly like a more involved Brandan and May. I feel like this makes sense because she left to get stronger and help her mother, thus she is still capable of starting her journey. Also, it would provide Kanto with a strong female protagonist, which is something that the Gen. I games have neglected (they had almost ten years to figure out Leaf. :cry:)

For a potential story synopsis, Lillie and her mother have recently arrived in the port of Vermillion city. Lusamine's health has taken a turn for the worse and she needs to rest, so you take lodge in a recently built home/hotel/building that has finally covered the plot of land that the Machoke/Machamp worked on. Your mother cannot not carry on, so you go out to search for Bill. You are aided by the male protagonist, but neither of you have Pokemon. Before you can head to the path, you are stopped by Prof. Oak who gives you your first Pokemon. Then yada yada go to cerulean to meet Bill. Yada yada fetch quest, stronger trainer. Yada yada mother's health is better, challenge league. Yada yada champion, legendary hunting... That's how I could see it happening.(y)

Hope these games remain Pokémon: Vermillion and Azure Version (or any other Sequek thingy) and not Pokémon: Special Lillie Version.

:whistle::p

Lillie is no Serena but she's still amazing so yes I hope we actually get a Lillie trilogy for Generation 7. After Sun Moon, the second can be a Kanto/Johto based sequel and the third would be a Sinnoh based sequel, all centered around our goddess, Lillie.

What if in a hypothetical Kanto/Johto sequel, we get to play Lillie (with the option to customize) or a new male trainer who journeys with Lillie. I imagine it would be similar to rivals in Gen 1-3, but mostly like a more involved Brandan and May. I feel like this makes sense because she left to get stronger and help her mother, thus she is still capable of starting her journey. Also, it would provide Kanto with a strong female protagonist, which is something that the Gen. I games have neglected (they had almost ten years to figure out Leaf. :cry:)

For a potential story synopsis, Lillie and her mother have recently arrived in the port of Vermillion city. Lusamine's health has taken a turn for the worse and she needs to rest, so you take lodge in a recently built home/hotel/building that has finally covered the plot of land that the Machoke/Machamp worked on. Your mother cannot not carry on, so you go out to search for Bill. You are aided by the male protagonist, but neither of you have Pokemon. Before you can head to the path, you are stopped by Prof. Oak who gives you your first Pokemon. Then yada yada go to cerulean to meet Bill. Yada yada fetch quest, stronger trainer. Yada yada mother's health is better, challenge league. Yada yada champion, legendary hunting... That's how I could see it happening.(y)

Oh I actually love this!

I don't see Lillie becoming playable, for two very good reasons:

1. She would lose all of her characterization as a silent player character...

2. The storyline would depend on the player's gender, and Lillie would overshadow her male counterpart.

It would be cool if she were a tag partner for several key battles. Either way, I would think that she would appear at least as often as she did in SM.

Also, I don't expect Hau to be an important story character. He did say that he wanted to find Lillie, but only after becoming the Alola Champion. It wouldn't make sense for him to be a rival again, but he could appear in the post-game for the Battle Tree or some new take on it.

Last edited:
I don't see Lillie becoming playable, for two very good reasons:

1. She would lose all of her characterization as a silent player character...

2. The storyline would depend on the player's gender, and Lillie would overshadow her male counterpart.

It would be cool if she were a tag partner for several key battles. Either way, I would think that she would appear at least as often as she did in SM.

Also, I don't expect Hau to be an important story character. He did say that he wanted to find Lillie, but only after becoming the Alola Champion. It wouldn't make sense for him to be a rival again, but he could appear in the post-game for the Battle Tree or some new take on it.
You're probably right, if we go back at all we'll probably just be rivals/companions to Lillie. Still, one can imagine.

What if Lillie and the player receive an Eevee, but Lillie's Eevee evolves into Sylveon and your Eevee evolves into a new Dragon-type Eevee? Just imagine the surprise that will be! :p

Not in this generation. Plus, that would still go against the concept of choosing a starter; we wouldn't even be able to choose the Eeveelution.

I think Kanto sequels for Lillie's story would involve her coming in later as a third rival, with you and your initial rival taking off from some town, maybe Pallet town or Viridian City would be pretty cool, it'd be like the Sinnoh games where you were told to go a town over to get a Pokemon, but Oak would end up intercepting you south of Viridian before you could cross into the grass, Lillie would come in later kinda like Wally in the Hoenn games, you'd probably meet her at Vermillion City and she'd be panicking and asking you for help to find Bill, so you go find Bill and she gets an Eevee, which she will keep out of the Pokeball and would probably evolve into Sylveon.

Sylveon? Because it's girly?

Espeon/Umbreon, depending on the version or some other criterion, would fit her perfectly due to the sun and moon motif.

Sylveon? Because it's girly?

Espeon/Umbreon, depending on the version or some other criterion, would fit her perfectly due to the sun and moon motif.

No, Sylveon because it's the evolution met by the closest possible bond with your Pokemon. It seems fitting for her to be exceptionally close to her starter and it is for that reason that I suggested she might keep her Eevee out of its Pokeball. Also, it's the only neutral choice. If she got, say, Flareon, people would say "why Flareon and not Vaporeon or Jolteon", same thing "why Espeon and not Umbreon?" but Sylveon has no counterpart, it's an Eeveelution class of its own and therefore is a neutral choice, it's kind of like how Red doesn't have a Charizard but not a Blastoise or Venusaur, but rather has a Pikachu and all three starters.

Affection is not a better sign of a close bond than Friendship is...

And we've had three rivals with Eeveelutions influenced by the player's starter: Blue (in Yellow), Calem/Serena and Hau. I don't see the big deal about Lillie's choice being tied to the version, or even the time of day the player gets to battle her.

Affection is not a better sign of a close bond than Friendship is...

Oh yes, it very much is. Have you ever used Pokemon Amie/Refresh? It's very time consuming but also very interactive, friendship is just gained over time doing normal things, affection is gained by getting personalized with your Pokemon.

I don't see the big deal about Lillie's choice being tied to the version, or even the time of day the player gets to battle her.

I don't either, I'm just suggesting the most neutral way to go about it and it fits surprisingly well, well enough that they'd do it.

Who cares about Lillie using Refresh? We won't get to see that. In-story, walking and training your Pokemon is not a lesser way of bonding with them than petting or feeding. And for Lillie, the training part is what would be new in Kanto, as would walking should it return as a feature from HGSS (as implied by the data in SM).

The sun/moon motif is so much more relevant than this minor distinction or any notion that her starter should be "neutral".

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom