• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War - Snow

AceTrainer14

The acest of trainers
Reaction score
krisgoldbanner.png
(Thanks to Blazaking EX for making this: It is pure glory! :D)

For all those FanFiction.net visitors here, you may have read my battle series, Red vs Leaf. Following their final battle, a little girl called Kris was shown watching the battle on TV.
These series tells us about Kris' journey, and how she is constantly challenged by her sadistic rival Ethan "Gold" Hartley. Just what happened between the two that lead to their rivalary? You'll have to read and find out :-D

Stories: (Please note that this is heavily outdated, and the last few stories will be added to this table of contents when I have the time)
The Starter the Adventure
- Part 1: The Beginning
- Part 2: Rivals
- Part 3: The First Battle

A Two Women Job
- Part 1: Meet Again
- Part 2: New Captures
- Part 3: Questions and Answers

Cute vs Brute
- Part 1: Storm Brewing
- Part 2: Fall From Grace
- Part 3: How Frightening
- Part 4: Apologises or Silence?

Double Take
- Part 1: Defeated
- Part 2: Getting Foxy
- Part 3: Victory?
- Part 4: Overheard

All's Fair in Love and Sport
- Part 1: Chantelle
- Part 2: Meet and Greet
- Part 3: Round 1- Getting Circle Pushy
- Part 4: Round 2- Caputring Victory
- Part 5: Round 3- Relay Run to the Finish
- Part 6: A Change of Hart

A Ghost to Victory
- Part 1: Ghosts!
- Part 2: Evolutions
- Part 3: Type Advtanges
- Part 4: The Power of Earth at Night
- Part 5: Getting the Kimono-lowdown

A Step Backwards
- Part 1: Raticate Attack!
- Part 2: Ruby
- Part 3: Hayden
- Part 4: Shining in the Moon

Three Times the Charm
- Part 1: Prescense of a Champion
- Part 2: Sibling Rivalry
- Part 3: Mooooving On
- Part 4: Sparks Flying
- Part 5: On the Bright Side

Turning Over a New Leaf
- Part 1: Kanto Idol
- Part 2: Slugging Along
- Part 3: Shocking Twists
- Part 4: Lessons in Action
- Part 5: Battle of the Elements
- Part 6: At the End

The Eye of the Storm
- Part One: Gold's Story/Kris' Story
- Part Two: Air and Ocean
- Part Three: Pain in the Rain
- Part Four: It Takes Guts
- Part Five: Stabbed in the Hart

Hot Headed, Cold Shouldered
- Part One: Relaxation
- Part Two: Street Battle
- Part Three: Rock Dragon
- Part Four: Twin Trouble
- Part Five: Misty Views

starterbanner.png

Dawn had barely broken over New Bark Town, but the small town was alive and bustling. Men and women were preparing to head to their jobs in far off towns, releasing out Pidgeot, Noctowl and Mantine to fly there. Crying babies awoke their struggling parents, and restless children yelled for their meals.

A small cottage resided at the edge of the town. It was two stories with a triangular roof and a small balcony on top. The wood had been painted a rich purple, which made the grey roof tiles stick out. The front door was bright blue, and the windows lime green. A rainbow of flowers surrounded the perimeter of the house, with assorted spinning plastic flowers, gnomes of numerous sizes and a metre high, candy floss pink birds house sticking out of the ground.

Inside, a young girl of twelve sorted through an orange backpack. Krystal, or Kris, as she preferred to be called, had made a last minute decision the previous night, and hoped it was the right one. She shoved changes of clothes, sunscreen, a toiletries bag and a large hat into the bag, before flopping down onto the sofa. Kris had been putting off going on a journey for years in order to take care of her mum, and she if now was too late. The battle she had seen last night of Leaf and Red battling had inspired her, and she didn’t think she could contain herself any longer. But what would happen to her mum, the house, the bills? How could Kris abandon her mother like that in her hour of need?

“Talk about a rock and a hard place.” Kris groaned. Just then, there was a tapping at the windows. Kris looked up and saw a Noctowl scratching at the glass, trying to get in.

“Hello Hooty.” Kris said brightly. She was happy that something could take her mind off things, and ran over to unlock the door. Hooty flew in, flapping his wings happily, and landed on a sofa cushion.

“Noc Noc?” He hooted, stared at the bag.

“I’m going out on a Pokemon journey.” Kris explained. “Well, possibly. I am not sure if I can leave you and mum behind.”

“Don’t be ridiculous!” Kris twisted her body around, though Hooty’s head perfectly turned 180 degrees, and the two stared at the doorway. Kris’ mum walked slowly through, wearing a fluffy purple dressing gown and tying a pink bandanna around her head.

“You are going on your journey and that’s final!” She said, and pushed the bag towards Kris.
“But who is going to help you tend the garden, or help you pay the bills, or take you to the hospital?” Kris babbled.

“I have cancer Krystal, but I can still care for myself.” Her mum replied strongly. “I had nerves like you before I went on my journey. It took a certain Hoothoot to keep me under control and stop me from running home.” And she stroked Hooty’s head, who hooted softly. Kris took a deep breath and sat down.

“You’re right. I need to go on this journey, and I need to do better than you.” She added cheekily. Her mother laughed loudly and ruffled her hair.
“Come on, let’s get some food in you before you head off.”

Last edited:
Re: Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War

One meal, three bag re-packings and numerous emotional hugs later, Kris stood on the front doorstep, looking towards Professor Elm’s lab in the distance. She had always marvelled and the green and light brown building, and now Kris could finally enter what she had once seen as a mythical place.

“If you don’t go now, the Chikorita you’d want will be gone.” Kris looked up at her mum, who stood behind her with Hooty. Tears were streaming down all three of their faces, and there was one last hug before Kris began to walk.

“As soon as I get a flying type, I’ll send you letters!” Kris yelled, walking backwards and waving. “Bye!”

“Bye darling, stay safe!” Her mum yelled back. Hooty hooted and waved his wing, and Kris chuckled. She turned around the right way and walked determinedly towards the lab. The famous New Bark Town wind pushed against her as she walked, and her white coat was flapping behind her. Kris clung onto her orange bag and power walked, trying to get out of the freezing cold. She passed by houses that were built similar to hers, though with more conventional colour schemes. Old ladies Kris knew from town waved at her and wished her luck, while several old friends hugged her and bade her farewell. Kris was beginning to feel more confident, and she was soon running towards the lab, rushing through the green grass, thumping up the wooden steps and through the glass doors as they parted.

Kris had been expecting the lab to look like the control room on Star Trek. However, the lab was pretty simple. There were computers in varying sizes on either side, with a big one at the back. Tables were cluttered with supplies and equipment, and it all seemed rather messy. At the back of the room, the only person in the lab was bent over another table, muttering to himself.

“Um, Professor Elm?” Kris asked nervously. There was yelp, and the Professor turned away.

“You surprised me.” He said, panting slightly. “Come here, come here.” Kris examined the strange man as she put her bag on her shoulders. Professor Elm had brown, thinning hair and glasses. He was wearing a long white lab coat over a turquoise shirt and brown trousers. Kris could tell he was a bit weird, and hoped he wouldn’t be too eccentric.

“Why isn’t anyone else here?” Kris asked.

“The lab is always closed in the morning on new-trainer day.” Professor Elm replied. “It gives me time to properly sort the new trainers out, without any interruptions.” He beckoned Kris towards the metal table behind him. Three PokeDexes were on the table, waiting for the trainer to choose them.

“Where are the PokeBalls?” Kris asked.

“Inside here.” Professor Elm said, and pressed a button under the desk. There was a whirring sound, and Kris watched as two dozen tiles besides the table disappeared. A circular shaped machine rose up, stopping at chest height. Professor Elm brought a chair over, and Kris sat down in front of a glass screen. Three PokeBalls could be seen behind it, and there was a joystick to control it.

“Just simply move the joystick to move the PokeBalls around. A hologram will appear of each Pokemon inside when they pass.” Professor Elm explained. “When you find the one you want, press the red button.” And pointed towards the big red button besides the joystick.

“I already know who I want.” Kris said happily, and moved the joystick around. There was a whirr, and the first PokeBall appeared.

Would you like the Fire type, Cyndaquil? The computer asked. Kris shook her head and moved away from the echidna.
Would you like the Water type, Totodile? The computer inquired again. Kris moved the joystick again, and smiled as the one she wanted appeared.
Would you like the Grass type -

“Chikorita, YES!” Kris yelled happily, and pressed the red button. There was a whirring sound, and the PokeBall disappeared, before rolling into a hatch like in a vending machine. Kris exuberantly grabbed the ball and pressed the button. Chikorita formed onto the table besides a PokeDex. Her green skin glowed in the early morning sunlight shining through the window, and her leaf seemed to be bursting with light.

“Chiko!” She said, and leapt into Kris’ arms.

“I am so happy to have you.” Kris said, and hugged her tightly.

“This Chikorita is the last of three triplets, all female.” Professor Elm explained. “If you ever find a girl called Lyla or Alexis, I am sure Chikorita would like to see her sisters.”

“I’ll remember that.” Kris said, and nuzzled her Pokemon. Professor Elm grabbed one of the PokeDexes and passed it over.

“As you have received a starter, we would like you to record any Pokemon you find.” Professor Elm. “A Pokemon will be registered as soon as you see it, and once you capture a Pokemon, the PokeDex can register its cry, height, weight, facts, footprint, you name it!” Kris accepted the red device, which was fully touch screen, and she and Chikorita examined it. Professor Elm then grabbed something else from inside his coat pocket: a bright pink PokeGear.

“Oh my god, I’ve always wanted one!” Kris shrieked, and quickly grabbed it.

“Just in case you ever get into trouble or I need to tell you something, that there for you to use.” Elm said. “You can also register your friends numbers and those of people you battle.”

“Thank you so much Professor.” Kris said, and hugged her Chikorita and new toys excitedly.

“Rita Chika Chiko!” Chikorita said, and shook her leaf in delight.
There was a whirring sound, and the three stared towards the glass doors.

A boy, by the looks of things in his early teens, waltzed in through the front doors. He was wearing a red leather jacket with white lining, designer black jeans and $500 red and white trainers. A black cap was turned backwards, causing hair to ruffle through the hole. The boy took off his sunglasses, revealing his handsome features and deep green eyes. Kris gasped as soon as she recognised the thirteen year old: Ethan Hartley, the son of the wealthiest people in town, Harold and Henrietta Hartley. They ran Hart Industries, a company that ran nearly everything in Johto, from the National Park to the Magnet Train. Ethan, or Gold, as he preferred to be called, was one of eight children and third in line for the deed to the company. What he was doing here Kris had no clue, but she could feel her heart pumping vigorously, and her stomach boiling: these weren’t with love, they were with pure hatred.

“Hello, may I help you, Mr Hartley?” Elm questioned suspiciously. Gold stopped in his tracks and examined the scene in front of him.

“I am here to get a Pokemon, of course.” He scoffed, before looking at Kris. “Well well well, if it ain’t Krystal Soul.” He sneered. “You haven’t changed a bit.”

“Hello there Gold.” Kris said through clenched teeth. Gold smirked and turned towards the machine.

“And what exactly does this little contraption do?” He said, and fiddled with the joystick. Elm walked forwards and grabbed it, stopping him from playing with it. Chikorita was very confused by the situation, and passed time by nibbling on the PokeDex.

“Why are you even entering the Johto League?” Kris asked. “You have any enough money and fame, so-”

“I am not bothering to answer you pathetic, jealous questions yet.” Gold interrupted. “I am here to get my first Pokemon, and that is all.” And he pressed the red button. Elm groaned as a PokeBall rolled into the hatch. Gold happily grabbed it and pressed the button. The water type Totodile formed on the ground, where it examined his new trainer. The blue, crocodile like Pokemon had a nasty look in its eye, and its eyes drifted towards Chikorita, who cowered in fright.

“I’d like to keep this one then thanks.” Gold said, and pocketed the PokeBall. Professor Elm sighed and tossed him a PokeDex, which Gold only narrowly caught. He went to pass a PokeGear over, but Gold pulled his own one out.

“I have my own one.” He said, waving his blue one around. “I don’t need handouts like some people.” Kris growled at him, but couldn’t look away from his arrogant smirk, or the nasty smile of his Totodile.

“Chikorita Chik.” Chikorita huffed, and she leapt down from Kris’ arms and by her legs. She grabbed onto the end of Kris’ yellow and black pants and pulled her towards the doors.

“Calm down, calm down!” Kris chuckled. “I guess we’re off them Professor. I’ll give you a call once I reach Cherrygrove City.”

“See you soon!” Professor Elm said, and he waved goodbye. Gold watched huffily as Kris walked off, about to begin her journey.

“OI!” He yelled. Kris growled and froze.

“What is it?” She snapped, refusing to look at him.

“I want to test this Totodile out on you.” Gold explained. “So, can I have my first win over you?” Kris scoffed and turned.

“I highly doubt it.” She chuckled, and Chikorita laughed as well, though Totodile snarled and she backed down. “I’d love to play a game,” Kris continued sarcastically, “but I have to go and win my first badge. Au revoir.” And Kris headed back for the door.

“Don’t be so weak!” Gold snapped. “My father told me your father never backed down from a battle. Looks like you aren’t daddy’s little girl then.” Kris froze once more, but her right eye was twitching, and her hands were balled up into fists. How dare he mentioned her father, he knew nothing about him. Then again, Kris didn’t know too much herself, but she wouldn’t let Gold wind her up using him of all people.

“Chikorita, do you want to teach this scum a lesson?” Kris whispered. Chikorita looked back at the snarling Totodile.
“Rita!” She said. Kris nodded, and the two women turned to begin their first battle.

Professor Elm cleared away a space for the two trainers. Within ten minutes, all of his breakable supplies were locked up, his special equipment was stored away, and a five metre space had been cleared. Kris and Chikorita stood at one end, and Gold and Totodile at the other. Professor Elm rushed to the middle, holding a whistle and a 10 cent coin.

“This is a one-on-one battle.” He announced. “The battle will end when one Pokemon has fainted. I will blow my whistle when the battle has ended. Now Kris, heads or tails?” Kris was confused by the statement, but she noticed the coin and clicked.

“Heads.” She said happily. Elm flipped the coin, and it spun in mid air before landing on his open palm. The face of a Zangoose, a rare Pokemon from Hoenn, was showing, instead of that of a Seviper. Kris grinned happily and Gold groaned.

“Kris will make the first move.” Elm said. “Remember both your Pokemon only know two moves.”

“Only two?” Gold gasped, and he quickly flicked through his PokeDex listings. Elm and Kris exchanged smirks, before the Professor stood back and blew his whistle.

“Ok Chikorita, let’s look at this from a tactical advantage.” Kris said. “Why don’t you use your Growl attack?”

“Chik.” Chikorita said, and she walked forwards. She then let out a loud, angry growl. Totodile covered his ears, but the attack still struck.

“I have no idea what that does, but Totodile use Scratch!” Gold said.

“Toto Toto.” Totodile said, and he ran forwards. He slashed Chikorita across the back, though she barely even felt it.

“Use Tackle next to get some damage in!” Kris said. Chikorita ran forwards this time, and rammed into Totodile’s stomach, knocking him backwards.

“Scratch again!” Gold growled. Totodile cut across Chikorita’s leaf before she could run back. The two Pokemon stood a foot apart, not daring to move.

“Growl again whilst your close.” Kris said.

“Stop using moves I don’t know!” Gold huffed. “Totodile use Scratch!” Chikorita growled at Totodile again, who fought through and scratched at her. However, this attack did even less damage than before. Gold was getting curious: why weren’t his attacks working?

“He is getting onto us, so just Tackle.” Kris said. Chikorita slammed into Totodile, knocking him backwards.

“Let’s try that Leer attack and see what that does.” Gold pondered aloud.

“Dile.” Totodile said viciously, and his eyes narrowed and the pupils flashed white. Chikorita stepped backwards, feeling a bit uneasy.

“That didn’t do any damage.” Gold growled.

“Don’t let that nasty Pokemon bully you!” Kris cried in encouragement. “Finish this off with a Tackle!”

“Scratch its eyes out if you have to, just win!” Gold shouted. The two Pokemon ran towards each other, egged on by their trainers. Totodile raised a claw, thinking he was going to get in first. But Chikorita slammed into his stomach, sending him flying across the roof and landing at Gold’s feet. Everyone looked towards him curiously, but there was no movement from him. Professor Elm blew his whistle, and Kris cheered, and she ran over and hugged Chikorita.

“That was a really good job, a fantastic first go!”

“Chikorita Rita Chika!” Chikorita replied, a wide grin across her face. Gold looked down at Totodile with a mix of upset and anger. He silently brought him back, threw some money across to Kris, and then headed for the door.

“See you around, I guess.” He called, and stepped out through the parting glass doors.

“Let’s heal Chikorita, shall we?” Elm said happily, and took Chikorita away to be healed. Kris merely nodded, but her eyes focused out upon Gold, walking off into the distance. She was angry at him and had hated him for about five, but Kris couldn’t help wonder when they would meet each other next.

Half an hour later, Kris was walking towards Route 29, with Chikorita by her side, her six PokeBalls from Elm in her bag, and her PokeDex and PokeGear in separate pockets.

“My mum gave me a tent for night time.” Kris said, uncertain what conversations she and Chikorita could have.

“Chik!” Chikorita said happily. Kris smiled, but suddenly something rustled in the grass nearby. The two girls froze, and Kris saw the purple coat of a Rattata running off. Kris looked down at Chikorita, who smiled and nodded.

“Let’s do this then!” Kris said, and the two friends ran off into the grass, the first of many adventures the two would have together.

I hope you guys enjoyed the first story. The next one will be out in a few days time.

I'm not going to lie to you, I found this story to be highly enjoyable. It was greatly detailed while at the same time not being so detailed that it would be boring which is good.

I only saw one thing I didn't understand. The Pokedex listed the attacks the Pokemon knew, but what I would want to know is why they didn't list what the moves did?

But aside from that this story was great and highly entertaining. I look forward to reading the next part of this story. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Ebail :D And that was just Gold being a bit arrogant and careless. Also, he only knew what his Pokemon's moves were: I incorporated the PokeDex and Pokemon things from your bag together.

this is good. the only thing i noticed was that on each new chapter, you didnt give it a title.

Nice going Ace! ^^ I'm officially addicted, I cant wait to see what happens next XD

this is good. the only thing i noticed was that on each new chapter, you didnt give it a title.

I am glad you liked it, but it was only one story. I split it into three parts to make it easier to read.

Nice going Ace! ^^ I'm officially addicted, I cant wait to see what happens next XD

Thanks a lot :D I hope to write another chapter soon.

Hey, I didn't know you posted it here as well!

Anyway, once you post chapter 2, my opinion of the story might change (if you do include things that aren't exactly the way the story might go), so look out for it.

Thanks for the comments guys. Here is the next story.

twjbanner.png

Cherrygrove City didn’t seem like a very big place to most people, but to girls from small towns like Kris, it was one of the biggest places she had ever been to. Her mother’s cancer prevented them from travelling, and Kris was amazed by the sights and sounds of the city.

Firstly, there were many more houses, and all were different shapes and sizes. Kris wanted to stand by and admire their structures and colours, but Chikorita kept running off, and Kris would have to chase after her. It would have been sensible to put her back in her PokeBall, but Kris wanted both of them to experience their world as much as possible. Besides, the two were bonding more, especially after making several captures over the past day.

Another thing Kris found interesting were the Pokemon Centre and the PokeMart. She healed up all of her Pokemon, and then went a splurged a bit on PokeBalls and Potions. Kris didn’t think she would need all of the money, and decided to send some back to her mum, knowing she’d appreciate the kind gesture.

After nearly four hours inside the city, Kris and Chikorita were beginning to get a bit bored. There wasn’t anything else special to keep them to the town, and both of them were ready to leave.

“This map mum gave me says to head towards Route 30.” Kris said. She was kneeling on the ground, a large map of Johto out in front of her. She pointed a route out to Chikorita: up an inclining route, through grass, past trees and forests, before turning east towards Violet City.

“That’s where the first Pokemon gym is.” Kris said happily. “I forget which one it is, but I’ll ask someone on the way.”

“Rita Chika Chiko!” Chikorita replied, and began to head towards the route.

“Hang on a minute, I have to fold this up!” Kris cried. She roughly folded the map up into a small square, and then shoved it into a pocket in her jacket. Chikorita was eager to move, and Kris rushed towards her.

“We can go now, but don’t run too far off!” Kris said.

“Chik.” Chikorita said, and began to run along the rocky road. Kris chuckled and ran after, eyeing the patch of long grass nearby. Chikorita seemed to want to go inside as well, and Kris ran to make sure she didn’t get lost inside.

“Don’t go into the grass without me!” Kris shouted, but Chikorita dived head first into the grass, blending in perfectly. Kris cursed, and rushed after her. But she had barely put a foot into the grass when she heard a loud “Ow, watch it!” Kris came to a halt, and let out an irritated sigh as she recognised the angry voice.

“Hello Gold.” She snapped, and crossed her arms angrily. Gold leapt out from the grass, his cap and sunglasses askew. Chikorita and Totodile were both on the ground, growling and leering at each other.

“I figured that creature was yours.” Gold huffed. “I was just sitting here, trying to find the PokeBall I dropped, and then that thing tackles me!”

“Good, that means all training we did last night to tackle vile things paid off.” Kris smirked. Gold was stunned, and Kris pulled Chikorita away while he worked out what it mean.

“HEY!” He said finally. “I am not a ‘vile’ thing, I’m quite attractive by most standards.” Kris and Chikorita both scoffed, and Gold and Totodile stared angrily at them.

“Beauty isn’t important for Pokemon trainers.” Kris explained. “You have to focus upon training and catching Pokemon, not your image.”

“You say that, but have you even caught more Pokemon?” Gold teased.

“Of course I have!” Kris snapped. “I am thrice the trainer you’ll
ever be!”

“Don’t use your fancy words on me!” Gold growled. “I challenge you to a two-on-two battle, right here, right now!”

“FINE!” Kris boomed, and Gold was taken aback by her anger. Kris turned and marched towards a rocky ledge behind her, and Chikorita followed after her. She then signalled to the space opposite, and Gold moved across to there, Totodile following behind.

“Shall we begin?” Kris asked.

“Certainly, and I’m going first this time.” Gold said. “Totodile use Water Gun!”

“Razor Leaf, quickly now.” Kris commanded.

“Toto To!” Totodile said. He opened his mouth wide and fired a ball of water. However Chikorita was much quicker. The leaf on her head spun around rapidly, quickly turning into a green blur. Smaller leaves than shot out, moving around the Water Gun and smashing into Totodile.

“Dile!” He squawked and rolled backwards. Chikorita smirked, and easily accepted the Water Gun, doing little damage. Gold growled, and Kris giggled with delight.

“Totodile get up and use Scratch.” Gold ordered.

“Use that old favourite Growl.” Kris smirked. Chikorita took a leap forwards, and released her painful growl. Totodile’s face screwed up in pain, but he rushed forwards and struck Chikorita with his claws.

“You may think your clever, but I know what that move does now!” Gold sneered. “I went on the computer and read about it.”

“Wow, you know how to use a computer.” Kris laughed. Gold ignored the insult, though he blushed a bit.

“Totodile use Rage!” He roared. Totodile’s eyes turned red, and he ran forwards, his right fist raised.

“Razor Leaf.” Kris said, sounding slightly worried. Chikorita fired more leaves at Totodile, but he didn’t let the pain show before punching her.

“Rita!” Chikorita cried, and rolled over. Totodile smiled and moved back towards Gold. His pupils were still glowing red, and it made him look purely evil.

“Be careful Chikorita, Rage builds power each time it strikes.” Kris warned, and Chikorita nodded.

“Rage!” Gold cried.

“Razor Leaf!” Kris exclaimed. Both Pokemon initiated their previous attacks, but Totodile looked somehow stronger. He nearly stumbled when hit by the leaves, but persevered and rammed his fist into Chikorita’s stomach, lifting her into the air.

“Chik!” Chikorita huffed as she landed. Kris gave her a reassuring pat, and noticed something Gold clearly hadn’t. Totodile’s red pupils were bigger, but he was looking incredibly weak. He was also looking a bit bluer, symbolising his Torrent had activated. Gold was too busy thinking he had the upper hand, but Kris has the type advantage and speed on her hand, and she smiled to herself.

“Finish this with Rage!” Gold boomed excitedly.

“One more Razor Leaf.” Kris said. Totodile ran forwards, and leapt into the air, his fist raised once more.

“CHIKO!” Chikorita cried, and fired the Razor Leafs. Each one slammed into Totodile’s stomach and face, causing him to spin in mid air.

“Toto Totodile!” He yelled, and fell to the ground with a splat, landing right in front of Chikorita. Gold moaned with anger, realising the first win had gone to Chikorita.

“Great job!” Kris said, and gave her a hug. Gold huffed as he brought Totodile back, but then smiled as he pulled out his next PokeBall.

“Let’s see how you like this one!” He said nastily. “Spinarak, I choose you!” The PokeBall flew through the air and burst open. Red energy poured out, before forming into a small, green spider.

“Arak Spin!” Spinarak said, clicking his pincers together. Chikorita took a step backwards, repulsed by the creature.

“It’s Bug and Poison, meaning Grass will no effect.” Kris sighed. Gold could tell he had made the right choice, and gave the thumbs up to Spinarak.

“We can bring them down easily Spinarak. Start this off with a Poison Sting!”

“Get in there with Tackle!” Kris yelled. Both Pokemon nodded, and began to initiate their attacks.

Last edited:

I cant wait to see what Kris's second pokemon is! ^^

Thanks for the kind comments guys :D Here is Part 2

Chikorita ran forwards, slamming into Spinarak and forcing him backwards. But the spider quickly retaliated: his horn glowed purple, and a thin beam shot out. Chikorita cried out as she was pushed backwards. Suddenly, she glowed purple.

“Oh no, you’ve been poisoned!” Kris gasped. Chikorita tried to talk, but could only gurgle.

“Could job Spinarak, now use that String Shot attack.” Gold said proudly. Kris was worried: Chikorita would lose health rapidly, and her most powerful move was weak against Spinarak.

“Try a Growl.” She said at last. Chikorita stepped forwards weakly, and she let out her growl. Spinarak recoiled at this, before firing the thin, white, sticky string. It wrapped around Chikorita’s legs, tying them together. Chikorita glowed purple again, but then her leaf
glowed green.

“Overgrow won’t help here.” Kris sighed.

“Spinarak finish this with Poison Sting!” Gold yelled.

“Chikorita, please try your best and use Tackle.” Kris pleaded.

“Spina Spinarak.” Spinarak hissed, and scampered quickly across the field. The String Shot was slowing Chikorita down, and there was no way she would hit before Spinarak got there. The face pattern on Spinarak’s back smiled, and then the spider fired an up-close Poison Sting.

“Chi-” Was all Chikorita could manage, before she keeled over, unconscious. Kris let out a moan of despair, and quickly brought Chikorita back. Gold danced on the spot, and Spinarak raced happily in circles as well.

“We won, we won, we won!” Gold said happily. Kris’ sadness quickly evaporated and she smiled.

“I still have one Pokemon left, moron.” She laughed, and swapped Chikorita’s PokeBall for another. Gold and Spinarak stopped dancing, and both their faces turned to shock.

“Fine then, send it out.” Gold sniffed. “But I am still going to win!”

“Not likely.” Kris scoffed. “Hoothoot, make this fast and easy!” The PokeBall flew up into the sky, where it burst open. The red energy came out, and formed into a Hoothoot, the pre-evolution of Noctowl. Kris had found one the previous night, and couldn’t have helped but thought of her mother when she caught it. Gold looked up at it, but wasn’t quite making the connection about type.

“It may be high in the sky, but that won’t stop us! Spinarak use String Shot!”

“Let’s take a risk and try Hypnosis.” Kris called.

“Hoot Hoot Hoot!” Hoothoot called, and her eyes flashed pink. Spinarak waited to be put to sleep, but his eyes glowed blue, knocking aside the Hypnosis.

“His ability must be Insomnia.” Kris cursed.

“What does that do?” Gold asked. Spinarak shot the String Shot, but Hoothoot twirled and avoided it.

“Insomnia means it can’t fall asleep.” Kris groaned, unable to take any more of Gold’s stupidity.

“Oh cool!” Gold said happily. “Ok then, let’s try Scary Face.”

“Get in there and Peck!” Kris cried. Hoothoot dived down, her beak glowing white. Spinarak tried to run, but Hoothoot smashed into his back, slamming him to the ground. Angry, the face on Spinarak’s face glowed black, and then let out a roar.

“Hoot!” Hoothoot cried, and flew backwards in shock.

“Great work!” Gold said happily. “Now let’s stop it from flying away by using Constrict.”

“Hoothoot use Tackle before he grabs hold of you.” Kris ordered quickly. Hoothoot nodded, and dived down again. She was uncertain about going near him again, and slowed down a bit. But Hoothoot checked Kris’ anxious face, and swooped down with new determination. Sh bashed into Spinarak, sending him flying.

“Spin!” He said, and fired out his legs. Hoothoot gasped as the legs wrapped around her, squeezing her and dragging her down towards the ground. Spinarak was now joined to her, and Kris cursed angrily.

“This is going great!” Gold yelled with joy. “Poison Sting her now!” Hoothoot was feeling even more anxious about attacking now that Spinarak was joined to her, giving Spinarak a chance to fire the purple sting. But luckily, Hoothoot didn’t get poisoned, and Kris beamed happily.

“Peck him!” She shouted. Hoothoot swirled around inside the legs, and then pecked Spinarak’s underbelly. The spider retaliated by tightening his legs, causing Hoothoot more pain.

“Slow her down with String Shot again!” Gold shouted.

“Tackle him to the ground, use Constrict against him.” She shouted. Spinarak fired out some string, wrapping around Hoothoot’s middle.

“Oot!” Hoothoot said, and fell down backwards. Spinarak clicked his mandibles together in fright and watched the ground come closer. Kris and Gold both watched in anticipation as the two Pokemon spun in mid air. They fell surprisingly fast, and smacked into the ground with a thud and squish. Dust rose up, covering the two, and both trainers ran forwards to see what had happened.

Spinarak was lying squashed beneath Hoothoot, his legs outstretched and his eyes shut. Gold collapsed to the ground in shock, while Hoothoot flew into Kris’ arms.

“Hoot!” She cried.

“That was brilliant, absolutely brilliant!” Kris exclaimed, and kissed Hoothoot on the cheek. Gold sighed and brought Spinarak back.

“Guess you are doing better than me.” He huffed, and dropped the winnings on the ground.

“You did alright yourself.” Kris said approvingly. Gold nodded, and then turned and ran towards Cherrygrove.

“Hoot?” Hoothoot asked.

“Going to heal his Pokemon, I guess.” Kris suggested. “I’d better go heal mine as well, let’s go!” Hoothoot nodded, and the two moved after Gold back towards the city.

After passing her Pokemon over to the nurse, Kris turned around to find a place to sit. And, as she expected, Gold was sitting at the back, arms crossed and a pout on his face. Kris smirked to herself and walked over.

“You look like you’ve had your toys taken off you.” She said. Gold looked up angrily.

“I am just annoyed about being beaten twice in a row.”

“Oh suck it up.” Kris groaned. “I am going to beat you more times, and you can just deal with it.” Gold scoffed and muttered ‘unlikely’. Kris sat down in the seat opposite and crossed her legs. The two rivals stared at each for a few moments, before Kris finally decided to speak.

“You never answered my question yesterday.”

“Which one?” Gold asked in surprise.

“I asked you why you signed up.” Kris replied. “And you never gave me a solid answer.” Gold nodded as he remembered, and then stared at her seriously.

“My parents are famous for running a few businesses, going to parties and having lots of kids.” He explained. “And I have become well known because of that. But my father, our fathers, use to be famous battlers.” Kris was scowling at him, so Gold quickly changed course. “I want to be famous for doing my own thing, so I want to beat my father’s record and become the top trainer in the region. Then I’ll have something worth being famous for.”

“You’re doing this for fame?” Kris said in shock. Gold stood up and shrugged, adjusting his cap and putting his sunglasses on.

“You may think you’re doing this for you’re mum, but I know you want the fame as well.” He said. “That’s the trouble with being the daughter of two champions.” And with a triumphant smirk, Gold walked towards the counter. Kris couldn’t think of anything to say, and simply gave him the finger.

“Arrogant prick.” She hissed. But she couldn’t help thinking he had a point. Once Kris defeated the first gym, there will soon the connection between her and her parents, and there would be a lot of pressure on her. Gold waved evilly at her as he left the building, and Kris knew she didn’t have to worry about that pressure.
All she had to worry about was defeating Gold.

Hope you all liked this part! A 3-v-3 battle is up next ;)

Don't worry, there is ;)

cvbbanner.png

Thunderclouds loomed ominously overhead Route 32, and it was certain that a storm was brewing. Pokemon were fleeing from the long grass towards shelter: high trees, underneath the Magnet Train tracks, inside caves. Most Water Pokemon didn’t mind the rain, but they could feel the thunder and lightning in the air, and many decided to head inside the swampy area. Fishermen could tell none were biting, and the majority of them packed up and clunked along the long, wooden bridge. The hard-out fishermen stayed behind, expecting a bite, along with several determined trainers who were waiting for a battle.

Though the only worthy trainer had already passed.

Kris and Chikorita were running hard out through the grass, desperate to find shelter. The two had pulled off some marvellous victories lately: the previous week they had defeated Falkner, the first gym leader, and earned the Zephyr Badge. They had spent some time looking around the Sprout Tower, training up all of her Pokemon, and she had met a most curious man named Primo.

Now, Kris had a red egg bouncing inside her bag. Each bounce and every step brought it closer to hatching, and Kris was eager to discover what Pokemon she had won from the television man. Chikorita was also intrigued, and kept prodding the egg whenever Kris brought it out. Kris could see her eyes watching her bag as they ran, and she had to click her fingers to get her attention.

“If you keep focusing on my bag, you’ll trip and fall!” Kris laughed.

“Chiko.” Chikorita replied in agreement, and turned towards the path in front of them. It was a gravely path, scattered with small rocks and lots of sand. The water to the left was replaced with trees, and the trees on the right were replaced with a rocky cliff.

“Union Cave is in there.” Kris explained, having double checked her map a short while ago. “Once I have healed you all up, we can head inside. Azalea Town is at the other end.”

“Rita!” Chikorita said happily. Kris beamed down at her, and the two friends rushed towards the entrance of the Pokemon Centre, the orange light glowing friendly at them in the gloom. But as they approached the doors, they slowly began to part. Kris recognised the person walking out, and she screamed. She tried to stop, but skidded towards the person. Even through the black sunglasses, Kris could see Gold’s eyes wide with shock.

SMACK!

Both of them groaned as they fell to the floor, Gold’s head lying inside the centre, with Kris on top of him. The two looked at each other and quickly scrambled away. Totodile was out as always, and he and Chikorita were back into their usual snarl fest.

“Why do you always catch up to me?” Gold fumed.

“Because I am a better trainer than you, it’s pretty simple.” Kris scoffed. “Besides, I figured you’d already be in the Union Cave by now.” Gold began to blush at this point, and Kris and Chikorita exchanged smirks.

“I went in, but then these trainers kicked my arse.” He said huffily. “I ran all the way back here. I haven’t been able to last longer than forty five minutes before my whole team faints.” Kris gave him a curious look before roaring with laughter.

“Shut up, it’s not funny!”

“You’re not hearing what I’m hearing.” Kris said, barely able to talk through the laughter.

“Chikorita Chika Chik!” Chikorita added, and she rolled on the ground.

“Dile!” Totodile growled, snapping his jaw angrily. Thunder boomed from above, and a drop of water fell onto Chikorita’s leaf, making it droop. Kris managed to contain herself, and looked happily into Gold’s furious look.

“Apologise!” He said angrily.

“I am not apologising for laughing.” Kris scoffed, and walked towards the Pokemon Centre. Gold sidestepped and blocked her way.

“Apologise.” He repeated.

“NO!” Kris said. Chikorita ran forwards, looking furious, but more rain was beginning to fall now.

“If you don’t apologise, I’ll talk about your father.” Gold said, smirking slightly. Kris gasped. She tried to come up with a witty comeback but failed. Instead, she raised her left hand and slapped him across the face. Gold staggered to the side and Kris loomed overhead.

“Let’s make a deal.” She said, with a look of pure venom on her face. “I’ll apologise if you can defeat me in a three-on-three battle. If I win, though, you must never talk about my father again. Agreed?”

“Fine, just don’t slap me again.” Gold growled. Lightning flashed, and the rain began to pour down with more power.

“I’ll meet you inside the Union Cave in fifteen minutes.” Kris said, and followed Chikorita inside the Pokemon Centre. Gold nodded, and he and Totodile ran towards the cave mouth.

"Totodile, let’s make sure we beat her this time, alright?”

“Toto!” Totodile said happily, and the two men rushed inside the dark, gloomy mountain.

When Kris and Chikorita entered the cave quarter of an hour later, they were dripping wet after the brief run.

“It’s a bloody storm out there.” Kris panted, wiping water off her face.

“Rita.” Chikorita agreed. The two looked up and around the cave. It wasn’t a very high, and it wasn’t particularly wide either. Rock surrounded them on either side, with some more solid then others. Zubat fluttered around the ceiling, releasing high pitched wails. A trio of Sandshrew rolled quickly past, disappearing into the gloom. Kris saw a flashlight, and instinctively ran for it. The light bounced off a pool of water, and Gold was standing next to it, with no Pokemon in sight.

“Hurry up, hurry up, I don’t have all day.” Gold snapped impatiently.

“Oh shut up!” Kris growled, and Chikorita ran in front. Gold looked down and smiled.

“Looks like I made the right choice then.” He said wickedly. Kris was confused, and watched as Gold stepped asides, revealing his first Pokemon.

Last edited:

good, but i was really hoping to see the gym battle. And how did kris optain the egg?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom