• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Least Favourite Pokemon?

Mr. Mime - Creepy Mofo!
Jynx - honestly kinda scares me
Slurpuff - Just absoluetly UGLY!!!! I dont like this at all
Simisear - ...... i would love to like Simisear, i would...... but there is something about it I cant put my finger on
Probopass - Another ugly one, Nosepass wasnt a looker either but it didnt deserve this

Probopass: Because not only is it horrible to look at, but it's type combination leaves it with a 4x weakness to both ground and fighting moves. What good is a Pokemon with super high defenses that still dies in one hit to some of the most common moves? It also has decent offensive options, but terrible offensive stats.. gamefreak trolling. -_-

Lickilicky: I really dislike Lickilicky's design, and I find that it looks more like an alternate Lickitung than an actual evolution. I think it looks like a giant baby actually. To make matters worse it's not much better than Lickitung either. It's considerably stronger, but with an eviolite Lickitung has much greater defenses and both are very low tier. Do you see a pattern here?

Luvdisc: The reason I dislike Luvdisc is not its design. Instead, I sigh at all the wasted potential Luvdisc could have had. It's design is cute, and in my opinion looks great for a first stage pre-evolved Pokemon.. yet it has no evolutions. WHY DOESN'T IT EVOLVE INTO MAMANBOU WHYYYY???! The poor thing's only use is giving out heart scales so Pokemon can learn new moves. It practically exists solely for that reason.. ugh.

Luvdisc - Irredeemable joke Pokémon.
Audino - It only exists to make the game easier.
Stunfisk - What is with its design? Its bad stats that waste a unique type combo don't help its case.

^ Omg I forgot to mention Stunfisk.

In battle it could have been better, but that design too.. it's not exactly eye candy. What I do like about Stunfish is that it's a fish Pokemon that isn't water typed, but everything else about it is so bleh.

Miltank. I hate it. Everything about it. It's my worst enemy, my personal white whale. I loathe that vile cow. The cheeky little grin on its face is only a disguise covering the truly evil nature of the beast within. I've seen so many great men and 'Mons die at the hooves of this abomination. Rollout, Stomp, Milk Drink, Attract... These are the four unholy powers it uses to commit unspeakable and vile acts upon the innocent. It is truly the stuff nightmares are made of.

^ Omg I forgot to mention Stunfisk.

In battle it could have been better, but that design too.. it's not exactly eye candy. What I do like about Stunfish is that it's a fish Pokemon that isn't water typed, but everything else about it is so bleh.

Agree, also what is up with it's cry in the game? It sounds so gross. That being said I don't dislike it that much because it is pretty unique, plus it's a flounder, I kind of like flounders.

I can't stand Stunfisk, the Trubbish family, and the Binacle family. They're hideous and it makes me cringe just to look at them. But my all time least favorite is the abomination that is Diggersby. Not only is it just as ugly as the previously mentioned Pokemon, but it turns what was a cute little rabbit into a disgustingly fugly monstrosity.

I can somewhat ignore the others since they're just in their own little families of ugliness, but Diggersby completely ruins what was a decent looking Pokemon by becoming a gross looking mutant.

Blastoise is probably my least favourite. Without trying to incite anything, it's probably the Pokemon that I'd say encompasses the criticism of being "too Digimon" which is ironic because it's one of the originals. Squirtle and Wartortle are fine but Blastoise just grows actual man-made looking metal cannons from nowhere. I wouldn't dislike it so much if the cannons were made to look like part of its shell but they don't. Mega Blastoise just exaggerates everything I hated about it even more and somehow grows a shell on each of its arms with even more cannons inside. Gross.

Dragonite and Goodra are pretty bad too, for similar reasons of their designs being wasted potential of their pre-evolutions (I think I also just don't like their style of design). Dratini and Dragonair have this elegant, mystical design and then turn into goofy orange Barney which is disappointing. Goomy and Sliggoo were so derpy and unique, and more slug than dragon, then Goodra turns into a slimey Barney with dumb eyes and enormous hips. Wasted potential.

I don't see the problem with Pokemon like Stunfisk or Garbodor personally. People always use Garbodor as an example and how it's "ugly"... well it's a trash monster, in my mind it's not supposed to be something you want to cuddle with, and Pokemon needs all the variety - if everything was delicate and cute it would be lame. Diggersby especially is one of my favourite Pokemon, it's full of character and redeems Bunnelby for me - which I find completely bland and devoid of personality.

It's interesting how people's opinions and taste vary.

Trubbish and Garbodor are what Grimer and Muk would have been if GF had been as creative in Gen I as they became from Gen V onward. They're a fresher take on the "living waste" thing than Grimer and Muk were - while Grimer just goes from a big blob of sludge into a bigger blob of sludge, Trubbish goes from a leaking bag of garbage into a living junkyard.

Honestly, a lot of the Pokemon from Gen I are rather cliche compared to designs from later Gens. There are some standouts, but we never got utterly insane ideas like a luchador hawk, or a ninja slug, or a fire-breathing anteater, or a mecha golem, or a pistol shrimp (one of my favorite obscure animals).

They've even gone more nuts with basic concepts: compare Voltorb and Electrode to Foongus and Amoonguss. Y'see, they're all different takes on the traditional "chest monster" you find in a lot of RPGs. However, Voltorb and Electrode are more standard Mimics that look exactly like the item chests, but Foongus and Amoonguss are mushrooms camouflaged to look like one in order to lure prey. The first one is a major cliche, but the second is a strange and unique twist on the same concept.

Actually, there actually are two other Pokemon that I legitimately hate just as much as Miltank: Patrat and Watchog. I can't stand their designs at all.

Jynx- It's no coincidence that whenever I make a typo of this name, it's always as "Junx". A part of me dies a little inside whenever I see people mention that my favorite Pokemon of all-time (Electabuzz) and Magmar were part of a "trio" with this thing. Why?? All because of the elemental punches and getting a baby form in Gen II? I never saw them as a trio. The former two I can see as counterparts, but those two have nothing in common with Jynx beyond being in the Human-like egg group. Those two also look way more animal-like than Jynx will ever be. I refuse to believe they were ever a trio. Nothing will change my mind on this.

The elemental monkeys- Really, I cannot stand these guys. They're difficult to level up; their movesets are terrible; you want to evolve them knowing how much they suck but if you do, they learn nothing useful after the fact, meaning you are stuck with the first forms until they learn something fairly reliable; even after evolving, they're nothing special. They're all also really creepy-looking. The one that looks the least worst is Simisage, but that's not saying too much.

The newest Pokemon to join my least-favorite bunch: Slurpuff. Stupid, STUPID thing!!! I hate it! I hate the look on its face, I hate the fact that it's nothing but an ugly cream puff with nothing to back it up (no good movesets or stats), and most of all, I hate the fact that Game Freak thought it was a good idea to make the female character's outfit based on this thing, as opposed to the male character getting the more desirable Pangoro hat. Yeah, fun fact, I restarted my game and played as the male character just to get the hat (though I would not have done it if Pokemon Bank didn't exist, but I digress). Anyways, this thing sucks and I hate it! I think I hate it even more than Jynx, and that's pretty bad.

I try to not to hate too many pokemon, and I can list off quite a few that I never use just because i find them plain ugly (Jynx, Mr. Mime I'm looking at you two). I'm only gonna really say the ones I actually loathe

Miltank - Lots of people don't like this thing, and for good reason. This thing is a nightmare to face in battle, with Whitney's Miltank in Generation 2, and the Generation 4 remakes, and the one some breeder had on a route on the way to Couramine City in Pokemon XY. I just, I've never liked it. It really doesn't have any redeeming qualities. It really is just so annoying that you don't ever even want to use it.

Emboar - I mean it's partially because of this being the third Fire/Fighting starter in a row, but it's mostly the mssed potential they had on this thing. Emboar could have been a rocking boar, Fire/Ground type, but no, they put it on two legs and gave it muscles so it could punch things. I don't like it because it angers me because they could have done something so much better for it.

Scyther - This one seems to surprise people, but I have a good reason for it. Bugsy's Scyther is a true Nuzlocke ruiner. I was a single level under it when I went to face it in battle, during my first Pokemon wedlocke (or nuzlocke in general). I hadn't lost a mon up until that point. I lost everyone but my starter, my Chikorita. You think these pokemon are just sprites on a game. But the amount of devastation you feel when all your friends get taken from you. It hurts. It really does. Not only that but my exboyfriend and I would battle a lot while we were still dating, and he loved to bring his Scyther and totally sweep my team with it. I just don't like Scyther. I'm fine with Scizor, but Scyther can burn.

Probably Probopass. Its cry is annoying, it can't hit hard, its typing makes it very vulnerable to very common attacking types(Ground and Fighting), and what's with its moustache made of scrap iron anyways?

To add onto my earlier post now that Gen 7 is out, I would say Tsareena is easily up there in my least favourites. I get what they were going for with mangosteen the "queen of fruits" idea, but the thigh-high boots and sickly-pale green hair is awful. I was also hoping for a less humanoid evolution for Bounsweet and something that keeps it more... fruity, since we don't have many fruit Pokemon, while princessy Pokemon are reasonably common. I also kinda wish it wasn't pure Grass and instead Grass/Fighting, since it's got such a focus on kicking and it defends the weak Bounsweet - it's pretty much the only Pokemon from the new gen I'd say I don't like the typing for (maybe Midnight Lycanroc too).

Chansey...Creeps me out
Don't care for wobeffet,Aegislash line,and I hate the starters who end up human like, Blaziken,the chespin line etc

Exeggutor. Creepy, ugly, and a completely WTF concept. Yes, the Alolan version is kinda fun in a crazy kind of way but that doesn't redeem it....at all.

Dishonorable mentions: Heatmor and Turtonator for pretty much the same reasons.

Last edited:
Oh... Bibarel. Never can I remember cringing during in a wild encounter I did whenever I faced one of those. It's flat-out goofy.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom