• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Least Favourite Pokemon?

My least favourite Pokemon and why they aren't my favourite:
Mawile - The PokéDex says that it is cute in appearance and uses cute gestures to lure its prey, then chomps down with jaws that protrude from the back of its head like a jaw ponytail.
Trubbish/Garbodor - Living trash bags. Not my favourite.
Mr. Mime - Its animation in Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon is so creepy, plus there are female Mr. Mimes.
Venipede Line/Burmy - They always use Protect when I call a move for my Pokémon
Pyukumuku - Only learns Status moves except for Bide and Counter, plus the fact that it spits its internal organs out is disgusting.
Magikarp - Only knows Splash until level 15 and it is considered very weak and pathetic.
Grimer Line - They are literally piles of sludge that emit awful odours.
Mankey and Primeape - They are monkeys with pig noses and they easily get angered and throw tantrums like toddlers over the littlest things
Tentacool and Zubat - I run into these every few steps in a cave (Zubat) or Surfing (Tentacool)
Jynx - There was controversy about Jynx having a design that was racist towards certain ethnic groups of people.
Snubbull - The PokéDex states that women find Snubbull cute, even though in reality, it looks intimidating in appearance
Any Pokémon that knows Protect, Detect, Supersonic, or Confuse Ray

-Hydreigon. It's just a terrible hydra representation, tossing the idea of a three-headed dinosaur in favor of a classical dragon with eyes in its hands. And it's not even a decent dragon, having terrible wing design and unprobable legs. No, levitate doesn't excuse the latter two.
-Goodra. All the potential of a dragon snail/slug, and they decided to do this...
After two attrocities I actually liked Kommo-o, it's my favourite pseudo after Metagross.
-Aromatisse. Lost potential of being a flamingo (I think a plague doctor would have been too much to ask for), a concept of can-can dancer that doesn't felt needed and it just looks ugly and has an ugly cry on the top of it. The worst of all 802, and I know at least 2 people who agree.

-Aromatisse. Lost potential of being a flamingo (I think a plague doctor would have been too much to ask for), a concept of can-can dancer that doesn't felt needed and it just looks ugly and has an ugly cry on the top of it. The worst of all 802, and I know at least 2 people who agree.
Make that 3.

- Oricorio: Great concept, but it 1) looks stupid, 2) has a stupid (and annoying) cry, 3) learns Teeter Dance, which is also annoying
- Kommo-o: Because they didn't give it Close Combat. Even Crabominable gets it...
- Salandit: Its stats suck and I have to cope with it until it gets to Lv33...and then I find out, only female ones evolve
- Fomantis: Again, its stats suck and I have to deal with it until it evolves.
- Drampa: Because it looks creepy... And because it's part Normal type?!
- Klefki: As a Steel-type enthusiast, I cannot accept a KEY as a Pokemon. No. Just no.
- Alolan Diglett/Dugtrio: Weird hair.
- Alolan Geodude/Graveler/Golem: Weird mustache, hair, etc.
- Probopass: Speaking of mustache
- Unown: For reasons...unknown.
- Meganium: I don't know who made it, but I will find you, and I will
- Luvdisc, Corsola, Pyukumuku

Pom Pom oricorio- Annoying cry, moveset doesn't at all go with what it looks like (Where's that Baton Pass support?)
Chansey- It's a fat, ugly, pink thing that looks like it's balding, and is too much of a cop-off from the Jigglypuff line.

My least favourite shifts between Quagsire and Conkeldurr on an almost daily basis, really. I don't much like either of them.

Volbeat and Illumise. Something about them just creep me out. I think it's their eyes.

My least favourite shifts between Quagsire and Conkeldurr on an almost daily basis, really. I don't much like either of them.
Thanks to a recent incident on 84F in Explorers of Sky's Destiny Tower, Porygon2 is joining the rotation. I was fifteen floors away you horrible creature!

Dragonite: Ruined an otherwise perfect line. Seriously, Dratini and Dragonair are freaking gorgeous, but then we get this... thing. A fat Charizard/Barney fusion. How could you do this to me GF? Dragonair had so much potential to evolve into something amazing but you just threw it all away.
I also think it's very overrated.

Mega Charizard X: It's design is atrocious. Weird petal-like wings that look like they couldn't even lift its body up of the ground, super edgy looking design as a whole, and random shoulder spikes thrown on it that look awkward as hell. The only things I can say I like about it's design are the flames on the side of its mouth and the colour palate. Blue and Black are my favourite colours after all. Anyway, another reason I hate this 'thing' is because it was created to cater to Charizard fanboys. That's it. Even worse this resulted in Charizard getting two Megas while Blastoise and Venusaur only got one each. Seems a bit unfair don't ya think? Look, I like Charizard (though I think it's terribly overrated), and Mega Charizard Y is fantastic, but I will never, ever like, not even remotely like, this god-awful abomination.

Umbreon: Oh boy, where do I start.
Well, for starters, a lot people seem to worship this Pokémon as if it is some sort of deity, and I have no idea why. It is definitely the most overrated of the Eeveelutions, by a mile. The amount of fanart I see of this thing is astounding, even compared to the other eevees. For every Sylveon or Eevee artwork there are at least 50 Umbreon ones.
Secondly, I don't see the appeal of its design. No matter how hard I try I just can't like the look of it. I mean, it's not awful or anything, just incredibly plain looking compared to not only the other Eeveelutions, but also other dark types. It also has that "edgy" vibe as well, which is probably the reason it is so popular in the first place. Though it does have a nice shiny, so I'll give it that.

Voltorb/Electrode: Bland design, and annoying. Nuff said.

Mr. Mime: Incredibly creepy-looking, especially in XY and ORAS. It looks like something that would break into your house and try and kill you. Mime Jr. is adorable though, and it's a shame it has to evolve into this... thing...

Sunflora: To be honest sometimes I forget this Pokemon even exists, that's how much I care about it. Next.

Goodra: Once again GF ruined an otherwise good line. I liked Goomy and Sliggoo, but not Goodra. It's just another cutesy dragon like Dragonite. The only thing I like about it is the shiny form.

Barbaracle: Really ugly design, and the head-hands are really off-putting in my opinion.

Mega Sceptile: Regular Sceptile is one of my least favourite fully evolved starters (due to being such a dissapointing evo to Grovyle, who on the other hand is awesome), but I still don't dislike it enough for it to make this list. M-Sceptile on the other hand? Awful. Absolutely awful. Thing looks like a damn Christmas tree, and whatever that tree thing is that's jutting out of its chest looks really bad. Ugh. I kinda like it's typing, but that's it.

Other Pokemon I really dislike: Ash-Greninja, Regirock, Pinsir (and Mega Pinsir), Celebi, Jynx, Ribombee, Zygarde 100%, Mega Mewtwo X, the rest of the Pikaclones (except for Minun and Plusle), Diancie, Glalie, Aegislash, Unown.

EDIT: I've got another one to add to the list now.

Togedemaru: Let's just put it this way. TOTEM. TOGEDEMARU. FREAKING. SUCKED. I've never really liked this Pokémon to be honest, but after that frustrating experience I hate it even more now.

Last edited:
Tentacool and Tentacruel - for being such a huge pain especially on Johto Route 40-41, and for being the only Pokémon appearing on most sea routes
The Regi and the Kami trios - WRONG REGION! Switch them around!

I can't exactly say I have an exact least favourite, but there are many that I never really liked. Like Rattata, I mean, I've tried to grow on it, but it's always come off to me to be so frail and weak I always give up on it, even before Hyper fang. I've also had instances with Milotic and Mienshao where they have been such a pain to deal with in my nuzruns(one killed 2 important members of my team in different runs, the other forced me to cheat because I had no suitable replacements to replace what it killed.)

I'm not particularly fond of Leafeon either. I think every other eveelution are cute or cool, but not Leafeon. I dunno, it looks more like some ailien thing that ran into a leaf pile. *shrugs* Just my opinion though.

I will not write Least Favourite; because I really hate this type, which is Dragon type pokemon

I hate them more than you think. I only love a few of them and also not because that they are dragon

Never really was fond of Jynx's design. Even after it grew on me, I still can't say I'm very fond of it.

But my least favorite of all would have be...Alolan Dugtrio. It's just Dugtrio with hair. Who ever thought that was a good idea? Lame.

Groudon...haven't even reached its level yet in Pokemon Tower Defense yet and I'm already dreading it. Ugh.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom