• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legend of Zelda movie announcement

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Calling all Legend of Zelda fans here on the forums! For those of you here who know me (and even those that don't, based on my many LoZ avatars,) you probably already know I'm a big fan of the Legend of Zelda video games series. In fact, I've been a fan for over 16 years of my life. (Not to mention I'm a big fan of most things medieval.) I've been an ardent follower of the series, its lore, etc. for a very long time now, and it's become a very significant part of my life, my second favorite video game series/favorite thing in general after Pokemon as a matter of fact. (As such, I'm a bit of a big LoZ nerd.)

But now, lo and behold, after many years of rumors, requests, yaddah yaddah yaddah, to the surprise and happiness of many, a (live-action) Legend of Zelda movie co-produced by Nintendo and Sony has been officially announced! I for one, am over the moon about it, as we finally get a movie for one of my favorite series of all time, as well as one of the greatest!

(Apologies if that spiel was a little too long. :stunfisk:)

But enough from me- please, let me know! How do all of you fellow LoZ fans feel about this announcement? Are you happy with it being live-action? Would you have preferred it to be animated, as many others did? Or are you just cautiously optimistic in general, again like many others are? Please let me know! Feel free to discuss all your opinions here and any LoZ stuff you want to share is welcome too! :bulbaWave:

Last edited:
I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic. I think Nintendo being involved so deeply is a good sign...the story probably won't go too "out-of-character" from the source material (as sometimes happens in adaptations). On the other hand, the fact that it's live-action makes me a bit nervous. I'm having trouble picturing a way that it could look right, if that makes any sense? I think I need to see a trailer before I can fully decide how I feel about it.

I have no strong feelings one way or the other. I'm intrigued more than anything

The producer in charge has a very questionable track record imo (Venom, live action Ghost in the Shell, Morbius etc.). The director also still needs to really prove himself beyond Maze Runner which I haven't heard the best about (Let's see how that Planet of The Apes movie he helmed fairs next year), but he's a really big fan of the franchise, so that's promising at least (man made a tweet back in 2010 dreaming about doing a Zelda film. Good for him on getting this after all that time)

Nintendo on board makes me a bit more at ease in terms of control (though they didn't stop Mario still having some Illumination-isms to it like out of place needledrops)

Live action weirds me out too. I'd much have preferred animated. But Idk there's gonna be some fun novelty seeing some famous celebrity playing Link or Zelda and just seeing the attempt of bringing Hyrule to life.

Idk I'm straight down the middle atm. Not jumping up and down for it but not quite dreading it either. I'm looking at as more of an interesting experiment. For reference I liked the Mario movie alright, but this is a very different situation where there's too many variables where I'll just stay neutral until we see more.

Not a big Zelda fan but definitely a Nintendo fan. I’m glad Nintendo’s doing Zelda and I trust that Nintendo will make the movie faithful to the games.

I may be jumping the gun a bit, but I think the movie’s going to be loved since Nintendo is in charge. I can’t say it’s something to be excited for yet as we barely know anything about it, but I feel quite optimistic about it.

I have to say though, animation has that charm and freedom that live action sort of lacks. Live action feels a bit more mainstream than 2D animation so I can understand why they would do that. Hopefully one day, we’ll also get a 2D animated Zelda movie

This also I think gives other popular Nintendo series without their own movies or anything (so no Pokémon I guess) to get adapted into movies by big movie studios in joint with Nintendo

We got the Mario movie and now LoZ, what’s next do you think

Maybe a Kirby animated movie would be nice, but doesn’t it have its own anime and manga (albeit kind of old)

as for this movie, I’m gonna steal what jolly yoshi said and I’m not a Zelda fan but I am a big Nintendo fan so I’ll see where this movie goes and if I’m gonna watch it

I am so hyped for the Zelda movie. I’m betting if it’s not an 100% original plot, that they are gonna make it an adaptation of OoT (Ocarina of Time) or Skyward sword, both I would honestly like but I think OoT is definitely more likely.

I am so hyped for the Zelda movie. I’m betting if it’s not an 100% original plot, that they are gonna make it an adaptation of OoT (Ocarina of Time) or Skyward sword, both I would honestly like but I think OoT is definitely more likely.
Well Ocarina of Time does have arguably the best story to be adapted into movie form.

I think it’s less likely to be original too. The story for Legend of Zelda is what make Zelda what it is. Mario movie was an original story as there wasn’t really anything to pull from.

Back
Top Bottom