• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legendary Pokémon names revealed: Xerneas and Yveltal to feature in Gen VI games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xerneas and Yveltal. The names fit. They seem ancient, majestic, like the Pokémon themselves. Xerneas is my fav <3

I admit, the names Xerneas and Yveltal sound cool, and, while neither of them are currently my favorite, I am sure that I will get to like them once I get to know them better and spend some time with them, much like how I got to especially like Reshiram and Zekrom this generation.

"Xerneas", huh? am I the only one finding something very familiar in its design?

sure, the body's much thinner, but something about the head reminds me of the "Great Forest Spirit" from the Ghibli film "Princess Mononoke"... it just seems very similar

I can almost guarantee that Yveltal comes from the German Weltall, which means "cosmos", or more specifically, the space beyond Earth's atmosphere. I've yet to figure out the nomenclature for Xerneas, though, as it's not as blatantly obvious.

These names are not nearly complicated enough. There's no Z or W or umlauts. This is unacceptable.

But on a more serious note. The names are cool, and Xerneas is totally boss and I'm getting whichever version lets me get it. It reminds me of the creepy deer from Studio Ghibli's Princess Mononoke, just as Phoenix said.

actually its like this:

Yveltal
combination of yvel - evil (middle english) and kartal - eagle (turkish)

Xerneas
corruption of ceryneian hind/Cerynitis - big deer that heracles must catch

Yveltal is the most preferred legendary now, lol. Because of it's red color base and it looks like Y when it flies.

X/Y has made me look into buying a 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom