• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: "Look" (TEEN)

RaccoonGoon

Vile Insect.
Reaction score
"Look"
the Story of Looker
by RaccoonGoon
My attempt at a one-shot.

Oh hey, this is neat.

"Look"
Part 1.

His trench coat whipped in the brisk afternoon wind near his ankles.

The young man, no older than 14, was walking. Where? Not even he knew. All he knew was that he was walking. Walking to get away.

The young man, wearing the brown over coat at least two sizes too big, had brown hair, a lean build, and brown eyes, constantly darting to different objects. Immortally...looking.

He reached the small docks on the outskirts of the city and set down the large suitcase he was towing.

"Erm, I'm looking for a way to the Sinnoh Region."

The buff sailor looked down at the young whipper-snapper.

"Kid, aren't you a tad young to be sailing? And in a get-up like that?"

The sailor felt the snazzy coat and chuckled.

The boy stood firm.

"It was my dad's....I really need to get to the Sinnoh Region, sir."

"And does your dad know about you leaving? How old are you anyway?"

"My dad passed away last month."

Silence.

"And I'm 16 by the way." He lied.

The sailor looked deep into the boy's eyes. They seemed to dart from his face, to his eyes,....and even deeper."

"Ok kid, we'll let you tag along. whats in the suitcase?"

"A few food items and my dad's old suit and tie."

The large sailor nodded.

"Names Luke." He held out his muscular hand.

"My name is......Eh...I would rather not say....its..."

The bigger man laughed.

"I understand. We'll think of a name for you sooner or later."

With a mighty pat on the back, the two people boarded the cargo ship, ready for a year and a half trip.

------------------------------------------------------------

Life on the sea was amazing.

The boy learned all kind of things from the other sailors. How to tie various knots, how to climb masts, how to determine time with the sun, and even how to drink soda in less than 3 gulps.

One day, half-way through the voyage, Luke went up to the boy.

"So what are your plans when we hit land?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe see what job I can get."

"Eh, I know about...about your father. Is that why you left?"

The boy looked at the blue, bright, water.

"Part of it...my dad was mugged on his way home from the office by some criminal. He was stabbed...and...he didn't make it."

Luke stood, ready to hear more.

"I had nobody to go to....so I thought I would live off of me only...be my own man...."

"Thats a very respectable thing to do, lad...."

"And to stop the criminals in this world....Thats my goal."

Luke gazed at the boy leaning over the edge of the ship.

"You're a funny one kid. You have every right to be angry, yet all you do is look. Thats all, is LOOK. Look foward. Thats a mighty fine way to be.....Thats it! You're name is Looker! Aharhaar!"

"Looker" smiled at his sea-faring buddy. He really belonged with the rag-tag group of traders.

"C'mon Looker, lets go grab a soda."

----------------------------------------------

Part 2.

"Well, m'lad, this is goodbye."

As he did a year and a half ago, Luke extended his rough hand to Looker, who was shivering under his coat.

This time, he shook Luke's hand.

"Aharharhar! 'Adda boy! A real sailors handshake!"

"Thanks for everything. I won't forget your kindness."

"Ahaeh, good luck Looker."

And with that the sailor boarded the ship.

"C'mon you salty Spheals, lets give our pal a real sailors farewell!"

The entire crew clambered to the edge of the ship, calling out encouragement to their run-away rascal.

"Go get 'em, Looker!"
"Stay Shiney Ponytaboy!"
"Best wishes, Looker!"

And like that, the trading vessel cast off, leaving him to shiver on Snowpoint City's port.

"Why did they put port way up north?" He thought.

----------------------------------------------------

After a chilling, brutal hike south of Snowpoint City, the 15 year old sat approched a large, formidable mountain.

"Great, just great, a whole mountain......"

Upon further investigation, he noticed a small cave entrance and a sign that read: "MT.CORONET".

"Better than having to go over..." He thought.

He entered the darkness, looking straight ahead.

-----------------------------------------------------

About part-way through the cave, a winged creature shifted behind Looker.

It was a deep lavender, four sharp teeth shone from a large maw. Its screech was painful to listen to. A Golbat, and a mean one at that.

"W-what are you?"

The Golbat inched closer, showing more teeth.

"G-Get away! Shoo! Get!"

This only made the Pokemon angry, as it flew up into the air, dived down, and clamped its mouth around Looker's left arm with a crushing Bite attack.

"AUUUGHHGH!!! GET OFFA ME! GET OFF!!"

Flailing like a mad man, he swung his free right arm into the creatures eye, cuasing it to jerk back. As the beast was thrown back, one of its teeth snapped off, making it stay in the boy's flesh.

"Nonononno nono nononono...."

Four, large punctures were in his arm, one still holding the Golbat's tooth. Each one was gushing blood.

Looker ran as fast as he could past the dazed blood-sucker, arm close to his body.

For an hour he ran, cursed, and looked for an exit from the death trap known as Mt.Coronet. He was losing blood fast, he started to feel weak....

An exit! With his last bit of stanima, he burst into the fresh night air.

"Th-(pant, pant)Thank God...."

He plopped his suitcase down and sat on it. His arm was badly injured, but if he went to a hospital they would find out he's a runaway orphan.

He took off his blood-stained coat. His father would of been ashamed to look at it. He examined his arm. The Bite only gat flesh, so his bone was fine. He put a firm grip around the tooth and yanked with all his might. A jolt of pain rocked his body.

"Aughhh--owwww.....N-no, have to tough...like Luke, and all the other sailors..."

Again, he pulled on the tooth, this time ignoring the pain.

With a sickening "SPPLKT" it came out, cuasing more blood to flow.

"Gotta patch up the wounds...."

He rummaged in his suitcase, and produced one of his dad's ties.

"This will have to do..."

------------------------------

Looker gazed on as the morning sun raised over this strange new land called Sinnoh...Who knew what good, lawful justice could be put to use here, what criminals needed to be stopped, what adventures awaited ahead? It all thrilled the young wanna-be detective.

Looker stood, damaged, alone, and ready. He dawned his trench coat, patted down his brown hair, and grabbed his suitcase.

Looker gazed on, brown eyes seeing good, good things.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Re: "Look" (One-shot)

wow. You should have countinued to the arrival at Sinnoh. or joining he internation police. Why not make it more than a oneshot? A whole adventure, perhaps.

Re: "Look" (One-shot)

wow. You should have countinued to the arrival at Sinnoh. or joining he internation police. Why not make it more than a oneshot? A whole adventure, perhaps.

Thanks! Let me think about it. If more people want me to, then sure, I might make it a series.

Last edited:
Re: "Look" (One-shot) EDITED. READ?

I have to question your word choice in a couple of places. You also should never use digits unless telling time. Always write them out.

I'd be happy to beta for you, if you want. Just print these things out and bring 'em to school or email them to me or something.

I have to question your word choice in a couple of places. You also should never use digits unless telling time. Always write them out.

I'd be happy to beta for you, if you want. Just print these things out and bring 'em to school or email them to me or something.

Ok, ok. (Word choice? Examples please?) Thanks for reading and for the tips. So, how did you like the story beside the mentioned comments??

Heh, Outsiders reference, I think.

Ok, ok. (Word choice? Examples please?) Thanks for reading and for the tips. So, how did you like the story beside the mentioned comments??
Immortally looking. Doesn't really make sense.

Other than that, it was pretty good.

betagold- You are correct! "Stay gold Ponyboy"="Stay Shiney Ponytaboy"

Lugion- I gotcha. Yeah, it is kinda.....lame to say, but ah well.

Thanks for reading guys.

Pretty good as of now - but this doesn't look like the kind of story to be a one-shot.

Heh, Outsiders reference, I think.

The two-size trenchcoat? Is that it?

Also, "2 sizes 2 big"? I think you got "two" and "too" mixed up there.

Last edited:

Pretty good as of now - but this doesn't look like the kind of story to be a one-shot.

The two-size trenchcoat? Is that it?

Also, "2 sizes 2 big"? I think you got "two" and "too" mixed up there.

I turned "Stay gold Ponyboy" into "Stay shiney Ponytaboy"

So you want me to make it a series?

Y'know what, lemme go edit that "to too 2" thing right now:dumb:

Thanks for the reply.

This would be really good as a series. The way you ended it got me itching for more. I hope you do decide to make this full blown because it really does have a lot of potentiol.

Stay Shiny, Ponytaboy.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

A few typos and the numbers thing, but not bad. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think it should be a full fledged fic.

So thats 4(?) to make it a full fanfic?

yep racoongoon. four. Look at it. Look at the potenial. Look At the unfinished story. LOOK.

yep racoongoon. four. Look at it. Look at the potenial. Look At the unfinished story. LOOK.

Fine. This is my ATTEMPT at a series. "Look" The Series pilot chapter.

"Look"
Chapter 1

Looker awoke from his slumber. With a loud yawn, the 15 year old pulled his coat away from his body.

The blood stain and holes were still present, cuasing the boy to frown. What would his father think?

"No time to dwell on that." he thought.

"I need to find a town."

With his coat no longer acting as a blanket, he put it on, grabbed his suitcase, and left his little camp on the slope of the mountain.

------------------------------------------

Soon Looker came upon a small Route Sign, reading-

"Route 211-Eterna City"

"Great!" the young boy said as he began to run towards the city.

--------------------------------------------

The city was lush and green. An aroma of fresh flower gardens and fertile soil scented the city.

The trench coated-teen had never seen such a place. Snowpoint was buried under snow, Mount Coronet was basically a big rock with a cave in it, and his own home region was mostly made of large, bustling metroplexes.

This place was truley beautiful.

Eterna City wasn't a large town, but wasn't all that small either. Looker recieved strange looks from the people he passed, and for good reason- A 15 year old, in a coat way too big for him, lugging around a silly looking suitcase isn't really a normal sight to see walking around town.

After passing some type of Gym he came to the tallest building in the city. A large sign was plastered above the entrance.

"Eterna Condiminiums"​

"Seems like an apartment building of some sort."

He entered.

He walked up to the front desk, his hands beginning to sweat. He stood as tall as he could, trying to look older.

"Excuse me miss, how much is rent for a room here?"

The plain looking lady, (with too much lipstick) eyed the boy.

"What?" she asked with a quizzed look.

"How much is it to rent a room here?" he asked again, slightly more annoyed.

"Kid, you sure do sound funny. You from around here?"

Looker began to feel awkward. He "sounded funny"? Sure, he was from a different place in the world, but he didn't think he sounded -THAT- funny. He tried to word out his question better.

"My name, it is Looker. It is what they call me. I need to live in a room here, that is what I need."

"Why sure! You should of said so, sweetie!"

Looker had to fight the urge to face-palm. Why had this woman only understood his silly, dumbed-down, dialect? Why had she not questioned his age? She must be a few pegs short.....

"We have an open room on the second floor-Room 2-4."

The ditzy lady clicked info into a computer, dug a room key from a drawer, and handed the small metal key to Looker.

"There you are Lookie-dear! Rents due in a couple of weeks."

"Gotcha tootse." A vocabulary word learned from his sailor friends slipped out. Ah well.

"Ooh! Does that mean 'pretty lady' in your language?"

He walked to the elevator, holding in a chuckle.

Upon finding his room, he unlocked the door, set his luggage on the comfy recliner, hung his coat up,and plopped down on the one person bed.

Just as he was dozing off into a pleasent afternoon nap, the woman's words cut his relaxation short.

"Rents due in a couple of weeks."

He needed some sort of job, and fast.

He rose and walked over to the small room's window.

"Hm...that Gym...some statue, a museum,a little shop, and......a bike shop? Neat!"

He ran to the bathroom to comb down his hair.

"Better not wear my jacket if I'm looking for a job. That bad left sleeve wouldn't look to good."

"Gotta take care of this tie too...."

He removed the make-shift bandage and looked at his Bite wound. Still sore, but it stopped bleeding, so that was good. It had begun to heal itself, and the dried blood clung to the skin.

Washing his arm with water, he noticed the Bite wasn't that bad after all. He threw the ruined tie away, and headed out the door, hoping for a job at a neat-o bike shop.

-----------------------------------------------(To be continued?)

NOTES: This is just a test, it's not set in stone this is a series. I made Eterna Condiminiums apartments, due to the Japanese name.

Tell me what you think. Thanks.

Last edited:
Re: "Look" ( Series? Chapter 1 is up)

Awesome! Wonder how much that rent will be? Keep going!

Re: "Look" ( Series? Chapter 1 is up)

Awesome! Wonder how much that rent will be? Keep going!

Thanks. Next chapter "MIGHT" be up late tonight. Still want to see what others think of it. If it dosn't go anywhere, I might delete chapter 1 and leave it as a one-shot.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom