• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Love or Hate: Team Rocket trio

What makes it worse is that this is probably the best they've been since BW changed them. They seem to be used a bit more creatively now and have some great new running gags.
I dont like this gags in Sun and moon: smashing a door, getting irritated (XY TOO),the Bewear gag (terrible).The dub makes it even worse!
They were the best in AG and XY

I dont like this gags in Sun and moon: smashing a door, getting irritated (XY TOO),the Bewear gag (terrible).The dub makes it even worse!
They were the best in AG and XY
Just freaking catch Bewear! It’s a strong battler and it always seems to follow you! Seriously! TR has never been that dumb. At least ask it if it wants to join TR!

Didn't they try to catch the Bewear? And I just know if they ever do catch it it'll be super powered-down. I'm surprised they've kept Mimikyuu as powerful as it is for so long, though it does have the catch of "only cares about battling Pikachu, doesn't give a fuck about any other Pokemon".

What makes it worse is that this is probably the best they've been since BW changed them. They seem to be used a bit more creatively now and have some great new running gags.

100% agreed. SM isn't my cuppa overall but TR are nigh perfect, I'm watching it for them more than anything else. If they'd just give them more screentime I could see it being their best series yet.

They also started off fairly patchy in terms of appearances in XY which improved throughout and they were in almost all of XYZ. I'm hoping that once SM finds its legs the same will happen here - after all Matsui at least appears to be interested in giving them more/more variety of things to do!

(If she succeeds in creating a compelling Rocket vs Skull rivalry then I agree that it has the potential to be their best ever series.)

They are easyliy my favorite antagonist of the anime.
At times they made the adventure fun when it seemed boring. Plus battling them gave Ash's team (mainly Pikachu) a lot of battling experience.

They had funny costumes that were easy to spot at times so I'm not sure how Ash never noticed them.
Sometimes Jessie wore costumes that were probably ment to be worn by James.
Jessie wore a Tuxedo and James wore a wedding dress. But the list of silly attire goes on and on forever, because they are the few characters that have with Ash throughout every region.

I remember in one episode of The Orange League, Misty knew it was Team Rocket, she tried to warn Ash, but being the idiot that he is, he ignores her, and in the end, Misty has a smirk on her face and Ash ends up fighting them again.

Last edited:
IF Team Rocket were ever written out of the show, and I really don't think they ever will be, the Pokemon franchise would have to appease us TR fans by giving them a proper spin-off series or something. Otherwise the world would burn.

LOVE: I love their personality, competence, and goofiness. They're the most entertaining part of the anime for me, and without them I probably wouldve stopped watching a long time ago.

HATE: I hate how in the majority of their appearances, its pretty much episodes in which they see an interesting Pokèmon, decide to steal it, only to get curbstomped in two minutes or less. I prefer episodes with them that put aside their goal of just spottin' and stealin', or when they partake in activies such as Pokemon Contests/Showcases. Other then that, they're pretty good characters.

Overall, I like them.

IF Team Rocket were ever written out of the show, and I really don't think they ever will be, the Pokemon franchise would have to appease us TR fans by giving them a proper spin-off series or something. Otherwise the world would burn.

No.
They haven't done it for any other characters.
Plus, I wouldn't like it if we fans of other characters have to forget about our beloved characters while the TRio gets their own series.

No.
They haven't done it for any other characters.
Plus, I wouldn't like it if we fans of other characters have to forget about our beloved characters while the TRio gets their own series.

No other characters get their own radio shows, music CDs and sheer number of merchandising either because, aside from Satoshi and Pikachu, no other characters are as enduring or iconic to the show in quite the same way that TR has been for the last 20 years.

I have to admit I'd grown a bit bored of them in the anime, but SM has breathed new life into my love for them. I think one reason for that is that they don't show up in every single episode to try and catch Pikachu (or another 'rare' Pokémon), which was the reason I was growing bored of them. Sometimes they're not present at all or they're doing other things, which I really enjoy. I also think the new animation style fits them really well.

I would definitely love to see a spin-off series about them :D

I have to admit I'd grown a bit bored of them in the anime, but SM has breathed new life into my love for them. I think one reason for that is that they don't show up in every single episode to try and catch Pikachu (or another 'rare' Pokémon), which was the reason I was growing bored of them. Sometimes they're not present at all or they're doing other things, which I really enjoy. I also think the new animation style fits them really well.

I would definitely love to see a spin-off series about them :D

Who would they chase in a spin-off?

I'm quite OK with them because, basically they're the longtime antagonist, and good for them having more attention by fans in SM for their hilarity just right.

Sometimes they can quite a bit driving me towards boredom as their roles can be predictable and having such generic blast-off ending.

However, another reason I've managed to stay hooked is because their "weirdness" in their chemistry still capable to make me smile a lot and laugh like a juvenile child

It's easy to say that they are the icon of anime industry for 20 years, but keep in mind, they were recognized from their most memorable contents they ever achieved, including now.

Well after seeing the newest episode of Sun and Moon, episode 25, I can say that I love Team Rocket they are just so entertaining.

I didn't watch much of SM yet, but I think the TRio should have other stuff to do. Matbe Jessie should do Contests and win the GF if we get Sinnoh remakes this generation.

If the TRio were to get a spin-off, they should chase after some of the older characters. Professor Oak has a lot of Pokémon in his lab.

Its funnier what you said because of what today's episode was.
How do you use spoilers, I'm new here?

Its funnier what you said because of what today's episode was.
How do you use spoilers, I'm new here?
Screenshot_2017-05-04-17-08-44-1.png

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom