• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
A Teaser Trailer for next year's movie was shown after the showing of this years movies in theatres. Rowelt, Litten, and Popplio were shown in the teaser, but not much else. Obviously it's going to be the first Pokemon and Sun and Pokemon Moon movie, so it's most likely going to star Solgaleo and Lunala, if we go by the recent movie trends. So, I guess you can discuss what you think the plot will be or what you would like it to be.

Probably won't be anything too special, but I'm still interested at what they give us.

I reckon it would have Solgaleo and Lunala too. Maybe the guardians get a movie after this one? Of course I am getting too far ahead and should look forward to the next pokemon movie.

The only way to know what Pokemon will star in the next movie is to wait for a trailer or something late this year.

In the teaser they refer to it as the 'spectacular 20th anniversary movie' so hopefully they go all out to mark the 20th anniversary.

Considering the last couple of movie threw a lot of stuff at us in acts of desperation, I wouldn't be surprise.

Though that depends on how good or the budget raises/cuts depending on how this one does (mostly likely cuts)...:cautious:

But you see we only had Misty, May, Max & Tracy by the time the tenth movie came out. because Brock was already traveling with Ash in Sinnoh and May would have an appearance soon anyway so the only one they really could have put in the 10th movie would be misty but she was already in the 10th anniversary special from when Ash was still battling the Battle Frontier.

But you see now we have not only Misty, Brock, Tracy, May & Max but now we got Dawn, Cilan, Iris, Clemont, Bonnie & Serena; they have so many companions now that they could bring back for an ultimate 20th anniversary movie. just think of the possibilities!!! :D

I don't think that they'll bring back older characters to be involved in the movie's plot itself. I could see cameos either during the movie or more likely scenes of what they're all doing now during the ending credits. I'm sure that they'll want to emphasize this as the 20th Pokemon movie and celebrate it accordingly, but bringing back older characters for the plot itself sounds a bit unlikely to me even with that in mind. I wouldn't be against it, but it doesn't seem likely. Not to mention the movies rarely focus on anyone besides Ash, so bringing back a bunch of characters would be kind of tricky in that regard too.

Bringing back 9 characters, having Ash himself is 10, and then having Ash's new Alola friends is 12-13, and add the legendary Pokemon featured in the movie can be 13-15 characters. That is a lot of characters to keep track of and then what are we going to get? A mess of most of Ash's friends doing nothing to the movie's plot and people are going to complain about it. The 10th movie featured Dialga, Palkia, and Darkrai, and did any Misty, May, Max, and Tracy appear in this movie? No they didn't, so I don't think Ash's past friends will appear in this movie as well. Even if Misty, May, Max, and Tracy appear in the 10th movie, they would do nothing to the movie plot, even Brock didn't do much in that movie.

It should also be noted that bringing back all those VAs would cost OLM a pretty penny, along with some plain and a few ugly ones...

So, yeah. Too impractical. There really shouldn't be more than cameos for older companions.

I'd rather have cameos for previous movie stars anyway.

Honestly, so what if it would cost them a penny?

Sometimes you have to invest money to make money. Older companions would definitely draw a lot of attention, especially if they managed to come out with something like an international release for the twentieth anniversary.

You wouldn't need VA's, for starters. Including every previous companion in the movie's plot would be a mess.
Nobody says they have to include every previous companion into the movie or make them an integral part of the storyline.

I don't see how making a cameo would make the movie a mess. It is literally just a cameo. Furthermore, they wouldn't need VA's either? They simply have the characters shown without them speaking anything. Problem solved.

You wouldn't need VA's, for starters.
Yes, you would. Most of the movie stars could talk and their voices are the main way to distinguish them from Pokemon of the same species.

If we're talking about minor cameos with no actual roles to speak of, then refer to the above post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom