• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that Squirtle is among Ash's past Pokemon to be featured here

It would only be fair, especially since he did so much back then. If Butterfree is can be in this sucker, then so can Squirtle and Bulbasaur!

Well it's happened. It took shorter than I thought but it's happened.

Somebody asked Goldfarb and it's been confirmed that he will be doing the score for the dub.

It was bound to happen anyway. Even though it's a 20th anniversary film TPCI's too cheap to go all out on something like this.

@ii kanji you can't bring up the different hair colors from the hand-painted cel episodes without me going into a 500 word rant about why they looked better

As for Misty and Brock appearing in this at all, I feel like at most they could get a cameo with a *wink wink nudge nudge* moment, but it's also very likely they're not in this in any shape or form.

Though the idea of new main characters was so foreign to me a few weeks ago so at this point I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

OH MY GOD! Could it be...they were right after all?!
Pokemon SM is NOT continuation of XY(&Z)
This is getting so awkward for me reading all these comments.

At, I shall take this question with a pinch of salt with a cherry on the top.

So as I've read through these comments does this mean that S&M is a completely new and revamped series? And by that I mean completely ignoring the events of all the other series besides the first ever episode?
I'll be flattened if I'm right.

So as I've read through these comments does this mean that S&M is a completely new and revamped series? And by that I mean completely ignoring the events of all the other series besides the first ever episode?
I'll be flattened if I'm right.
That's what a lot of us have been assuming for a week now, but there is a separate thread for that.

As for Misty and Brock appearing in this at all, I feel like at most they could get a cameo with a *wink wink nudge nudge* moment, but it's also very likely they're not in this in any shape or form.

My personal theory is that the ending theme will feature a bunch of shots of Satoshi's various traveling companions from the past two decades.

My personal theory is that the ending theme will feature a bunch of shots of Satoshi's various traveling companions from the past two decades.
Also at least a couple of images of Ash in various other regions.

18010017_285769141879531_8762439677438803651_n.jpg

Lizardon and Rugarugan confirmed.

^ Well DUH!:p

How could good ol' Chari NOT be invited to this party? Heck, Charmander being "caught" in the trailer pretty much confirmed it. I just hope it isn't too rushed (who wants to bet we'll barely see Charmeleon? Heck, they even just skip him.). Again, this makes me concerned for the movie's runtime and what all could/will happen...:cautious:

Last edited:
More like nauseating and ear splitting. It needs to be Veronica Taylor or don't bother dubbing it.

a. I'm sick to death of Lizardon at this point.
b. But I guess its inclusion means that the story takes place over a significant period of time because even Mr Disobedience here didn't evolve in a single day.

^ More like in three days :p

I do wonder what changes, if any, to Ash's party they'll make. And if they'll still have him catch the...less focused on Pokemon like Primeape and Muk.

And with all of the changes they've made thus-far I wouldn't be surprised if they try to retcon Wobbuffet in.

More like nauseating and ear splitting. It needs to be Veronica Taylor or don't bother dubbing it.
We all wish. Though the current voice actress isn't too bad, compared to their test during the original Mirage Pokemon one... cringe. Then again I don't watch the dub, I'm a sub guy.

I've stated that the Incineroar guy may represent Gary, but could it also just be the movie villain?

We all wish. Though the current voice actress isn't too bad, compared to their test during the original Mirage Pokemon one... cringe. Then again I don't watch the dub, I'm a sub guy.

I've stated that the Incineroar guy may represent Gary, but could it also just be the movie villain?
I don't think Cross is a villain. Wanting to steal the Rainbow Wing to battle Ho-oh doesn't seem a strong enough reason to be a villain when the outcome is obvious - either he fails to steal it or he succeeds but Ho-oh refuses to battle him because he never 'earned' the Rainbow Wing.

I think there might be a different villain introduced later. Or there might not be a villain at all. Some pokemon movies didn't have villains, like the Lucario movie and the Darkrai movie.

Or Marshadow could be the villain.

I also preferred Veronica's dub voice for Ash despite me recognizing the fact she (and the original/old dub cast) won't be brought back for this, but the dub is already going to have to deal with another dub exclusive soundtrack from the looks of things, so I don't see Movie 20 faring outstandingly nonetheless dubbed- wouldn't feel too bad.

Things I will never get over:
- The cel-digital palette change
- They eye change in BW
- This movie
Imagine if we got a revamped reboot where the "first episode" scenes looked like the style from "Satoshi's Journey" instead.

VttdJxW.jpg

n9KkaHg.jpg

P9MBrFn.jpg

Tm7RMcd.jpg

WLmX8LL.jpg

5CVT2Ll.jpg

xFFl5bs.jpg

One can dream...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back