• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash>>>>>>>>Nobita.

And don't say I never tried. The television channel which airs our local Pokemon dub-
Airs Pokemon for 20min.
Then airs doraemon for the rest of the day.

I HATE doraemon, but those jerks never air something else since 2 year olds like seeing cute doraemon talking in his shrill voice.

Sorry but I prefer Satoshi to Nobita. :unsure:

Ironically enough, Ash and Nobita have the same VA in the Italian dub. Funny how the same person can become so much more annoying by just changing character. :p

Anyway, I understand the criticism, and I can see why people are annoyed or uninterested in those characters, which are still a big interrogative. Though, the fact that Piplup Girl is considered "Ash's equal" makes me wonder if she is another candidate to be Ho-Oh's "chosen one", or maybe a descendant of some family related to the phoenix.

I'm still not sure what the role of the boy is. Perhaps he is a close friend of the girl or he is just the designated useless token boy. I hope his goal will have some relevance to the story, and that his knowledge (if he wants to become a professor, he's supposed to know plenty of stuff) will be useful, if not essential, throughout all their journey.

Hopefully the next issue of CoroCoro will actually keep its promise and tell something more about them and the movie. I'm still very interested in this movie, and I really want to know more about those characters, but these continuous baits and lack of details are quite annoying.

On a different side of things can I say how disappointed I am that Team Rocket as an organization is probably not going to be playing a big role in this? It would have been a good opportunity to give their organization an actually decent storyline and potentially give the Rocket trio a conclusion to theirs (it's looking like they'll probably be playing a smaller part in this film, which is yet another thing I don't like about it).

All Team Rocket has had were some adaptations of game events in late Johto and those shitty 2-parter episodes in BW. And this could have been a good chance to show an actually good confrontation between Ash and Giovanni instead of that lame thing we got in BW.

On a different side of things can I say how disappointed I am that Team Rocket as an organization is probably not going to be playing a big role in this? It would have been a good opportunity to give their organization an actually decent storyline and potentially give the Rocket trio a conclusion to theirs (it's looking like they'll probably be playing a smaller part in this film, which is yet another thing I don't like about it).
I could honestly imagine Giovanni going after Ho-Oh now that I think about it...

All Team Rocket has had were some adaptations of game events in late Johto and those shitty 2-parter episodes in BW. And this could have been a good chance to show an actually good confrontation between Ash and Giovanni instead of that lame thing we got in BW.
Totally agree. For me, it would be great to return to original TRio's idea- honestly, I see them only as a gang...without contests, etc. That's why I'm happy how they are shown in SM- of course I wish they could appear more :D

I could honestly imagine Giovanni going after Ho-Oh now that I think about it...

It practically writes itself! (y)

Sadly, it's gotten to where OLM mainly just knows how to pander to 10 year-olds while telling everyone else to get lost...:cry:

Last edited:
Where did you get this?

They haven't been mentioned in any promo materials and it seems like the antagonist will be that new rival. I mean I could be wrong because we still don't know a lot about the plot but I don't see the Team Rocket organization doing anything more than having a small cameo or scene with the Rocket trio.

I bet the only Team Rocket we'll get in M20 is only the TRio.
And I'll bet they are not any malicious threats but exist at there mostly for comic relief.

So, people still making assumptions about the movie, despite their previous assumptions turned out wrong. lol.

You know, this talk about Team Rocket has got me thinking, what if Makoto's secret is that she is actually a spy/infiltrator for Team Rocket or is at least using them to accomplish her own goals? Granted it's not all that likely, but it's not out of the realm of possibility given that cryptic statement about Makoto's secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom