• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why people always want character that they don't like to be evil? You already got owned, just ignore the movie.

It's sad that Brock and Misty are not going to be in this... but even then I have high hopes for this movie. While the plot seems boring and is mainly a rehash of "Ash is the chosen one!" trope, I think it'll be better than the XY movies... here's hoping that the battles in this movie will be exhilarating(just like XY and XYZ)!

Also here's a song(made by the ever fantastic DAGames), that probably illustrates the situation:

What I don't understand is why people are now getting annoyed about speculation about the movie. We barely know anything about it (still! At 2 months out!) so obviously the most miniscule new information we get is going to be speculated about. I don't see anyone begging and pleading for this girl to be evil. It's literally just people guessing because, hey, what we truly know about this movie so far is STILL next to nothing.

Yeah you're right, I was wrong about something before so I'm not allowed to speculate or make guesses about this movie ever again. I should have known better.
There is a difference between making guesses/speculate, and criticizing something based on your own assumptions.

Also, I highly doubt that we'll get any new games this year. If there is really Sinnoh remakes or third version game/s, it's probably won't be released until 2018.

Also, I highly doubt that we'll get any new games this year. If there is really Sinnoh remakes or third version game/s, it's probably won't be released until 2018.
Based on what?

I thought you had a problem with people making assumptions. Unlike the movie, any 2017 game could be more than 6 months away, making the lack of an announcement a non-issue.

Yeah, it strikes me as odd that there's so little in regards to info this close to release. Is movie news usually this hard to come by?

It isn't that little. Usually we get a manga adaptation that provides more context, but other than that I don't see any differences (although we had to wait a month longer for the characters and Marshadow to be revealed).

They're teasing Marshadow's Z-move for next month, which doesn't fill me with optimism about anything else. Hell, we haven't even seen Pikachu's Z-move yet in a trailer.

Based on previous announcement dates. Usually we would get some kind of confirmation or hint by now.
All mid-generation games barring ORAS were announced 4 months ahead of their release. And ORAS had no real hints to speak of in terms of marketing. No game announcement was confirmed more than a few days in advance, actually.

What I don't understand is why people are now getting annoyed about speculation about the movie. We barely know anything about it (still! At 2 months out!) so obviously the most miniscule new information we get is going to be speculated about. I don't see anyone begging and pleading for this girl to be evil. It's literally just people guessing because, hey, what we truly know about this movie so far is STILL next to nothing.

It would be cool if it turned out they had cards they weren't showing, because usually about now we know a LOT.
To be fair, it got to the point where we more or less knew what was going to happen & how things would play out well before the movie came out (even if footage from the trailers didn't make it in the final product), so I can't say I blame them for giving us barebones information about this one if just to build interest.

I suppose, but I feel like at this point, it may be backfiring on them. I know for me it is. I want to know why I should care about these characters, or why I should be excited for the plot. Right now, I don't have any. This whole "secret" thing is about it right now, and truthfully, chances are it's probably going to turn out to be something lame or unexciting. I understand not wanting to give everything away, but giving out the same miniscule information over and over again is just getting boring.

There is a difference between making guesses/speculate, and criticizing something based on your own assumptions.

I'm not saying "this movie is bad because this thing might not be in it" I'm saying "based on what we've seen I can use critical thinking skills to say this thing probably won't happen and if it doesn't I'll be disappointed". Let me speculate please.

"based on what we've seen I can use critical thinking skills to say this thing probably won't happen and if it doesn't I'll be disappointed". Let me speculate please.
Isn't that just a complicated way to say "criticizing something based on your own assumptions"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom