• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then this movie would piss off the fans of XY. It already pissed off some fans of OS and DP.

INB4 it turns out Makoto's real name is Serena. That's the secret she's hiding.

I kid, but really I don't think Amourshippers would be bothered by it. This is a brand new Ash, not the Ash of XY and XY&Z.

Add in Makoto's Vikavolt to piss off Team-Ash-Vikavolt people too+ add in an OP Mega Charizard Y this time.
Then Team Rocket will have two clones of themselves to pee off Ash even more, the whole thing will be animated in MS Paint then the film will be washed under soapy dish water to which then the alternate universe's cracks will start to show which will end up reversing time causing Pikachu to get fatter by the bucketload and the animation to go back to being hand drawn which will be outsourced to Korean animators then chucked onto TV thus neutralizing Ash's whole experience.

And he gets beaten by a Mega Charizard.

And the best part: Pikachu devolves into Pichu, and now dosen't want to evolve to Pikachu form.
Then suddenly the writers do a David Fincher and Ash magically starts to grow unbelievably old and by the time he gets to the final gym he's about 93. Then he loses and sends his soul over to Makoto who becomes the mascot of the anime forever and ever until the end of time and until i'm out of luck, money and time to write all of this

Bringing the film back on topic, our good ol chums at Serebii have confirmed the film will be making it's fantastical world premiere at the 2017 Japan Expo in Paris (obviously the big inspiration for Kalos). The film's director (obviously Kunihiko Yuyama) and the voice we all know and love as Ash (Rica Matsumoto) will be attending. It all premieres on July 6th.
Serebii.net - Where Legends Come To Life

Just out of curiosity. Was there any Pokemon movie released concurrently worldwide on the same date?

Because even the Pokemon Anime TV series tried to diminish the broadcast gap between Japan and US/UK. I wonder are they trying that for the movie as well. Well it is actually more easier for movie airing worldwide concurrently than TV series, so it is not surprising.

There hasn't been a single movie with a worldwide release; even the special two-anime previews only air around the same date in a few countries. The smallest gap so far has been "Genesect and The Legend Awakened", which aired in English just three months after Japan. The XY movies premiered in English consistently about three-and-a-half months after Japan.

Just out of curiosity. Was there any Pokemon movie released concurrently worldwide on the same date?

Because even the Pokemon Anime TV series tried to diminish the broadcast gap between Japan and US/UK. I wonder are they trying that for the movie as well. Well it is actually more easier for movie airing worldwide concurrently than TV series, so it is not surprising.
To my personal knowledge, the films were never released worldwide on the same date at all. American audiences got the first film on November 10th 1999, us British fans had to wait until 2000 to see the film.

To my personal knowledge, the films were never released worldwide on the same date at all. American audiences got the first film on November 10th 1999, us British fans had to wait until 2000 to see the film.
Damn, would have been awkward for you guys if "Pokemon 2000" came out in 2001 (from my knowledge, they were close: December 22nd, 2000!)

I remember being so confused at "Pokemon the movie 2000" being released in 2001...
Wasn't the UK date several days before 2001 came around, or am I actually getting that wrong?

Damn, would have been awkward for you guys if "Pokemon 2000" came out in 2001 (from my knowledge, they were close: December 22nd, 2000!)
Thankfully the film still got a cinema release in 2000 (thank googly moogly) as this CITV ad break from around December shows.
Ad is at 1:37.

As for the Miramax films I'm not sure if 4Ever and Heroes got cinema releases since the US releases of those lasted 1 second and as for the rest they either went straight to DVD (Jirachi: Wish Maker, Destiny Deoxys which came out years later in 2014 or 2015) or straight to TV.

Last edited:
Bringing the film back on topic, our good ol chums at Serebii have confirmed the film will be making it's fantastical world premiere at the 2017 Japan Expo in Paris (obviously the big inspiration for Kalos). The film's director (obviously Kunihiko Yuyama) and the voice we all know and love as Ash (Rica Matsumoto) will be attending. It all premieres on July 6th.
Serebii.net - Where Legends Come To Life

SACRE BLEU! :eek:

Brace yourselves for spoilers a few days later (if not hours later)

I watched the Lugia movie in December 2000 (in Israel). Boy, was it a magical experience. :)

Likewise for the first movie in April 2000 and the third in July/August 2001. Pure bliss, especially since my friends and brother were around for all three times (now I am the only fan).

The only other movie I would have bothered for is the Lucario one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom