• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Maniacal Engineer's Crackpot Theory Corner: The Distortion World and Ultra Space are the Same

As it happens, I feel I may have come off as somewhat harsh in your previous thread. Strictly speaking, I don't even think your theory - either in this thread or that one - is bad; they're very creative and make for interesting discussions. I just happen to have fundamentally different views of the matters. So I'd like to apologize for that if I seemed that way.
You haven't come across that way at all. In fact, you've definitely given me more things to consider, and you've been very respectful in so doing.
The purpose of these threads is to generate discussion, not to affirm the opinions stated by myself in the thread OPs. There wouldn't be much of a point to them, if that were the case.
Still, this is a work in progress. I didn't really "keep track" of my first thread, mostly because I didn't have the time, but if there are improvements that you, or anyone else, feels can be done to make these threads either more thought provoking or more discussion provoking, I would certainly be happy to hear them.

That said, all of this is off-topic, so I'll respond to your points regarding the study of alternate universes in the "normal" universe.

I never used the Dream Radar app or anything of that nature in BW or BW2, since I never really had the means of so doing. I was surprised to hear that Professor Burnet was in a game before Sun/Moon.

As far as the Cell Battery quest, technically we can argue that the different versions of the main series games (Red vs Blue, Gold vs Crystal, Ruby vs Sapphire, etc.) are all "parallel time tracks" because there are differences between the versions. This tends to get fairly complicated fairly quickly, and so I avoid it for the most part and usually leave the "canonical" version as the third game (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, etc.)
This does get difficult starting with BW as there is no third version, but really, especially since Thyme's machine only worked for a bit and required the ability to transport objects from "another world" to begin with, it really wasn't very promising.

As far as Team Galactic goes, they likely would not have shared their research results with anyone, especially if their goal was to create a universe just for themselves. Not many of the Galactic members would have even known about such research, to begin with, as most were completely ignorant of Team Galactic's goals, intentions, and motives. As for those who were aware, those select few either became disgusted with their work, after forcibly creating the Red Chain by torturing the Lake Trio, disappeared into the Distortion World never go be seen again, or simply stopped caring when it seemed like it couldn't make them a profit. Team Galactic's research on alternate dimensions and universes died with Team Galactic. Cyrus only would have carried on, as he was still determined to achieve his goal even at the end in Platinum.

You are correct that we never saw the "normal" universe Kalos or Alola, so we aren't aware of any potential research that could have been going on there. On the other hand, for all we know, Kalos and Alola might not even exist in the "normal" universe. Yes, Ultra Wormholes clearly appeared in the "normal" universe, but who is to say when they appeared?
Anabel was still very young when she "fell" through an Ultra Wormhole, so that likely happened sometime shortly after Emerald. As it would seem that she was the only one affected, though, it could have gone unnoticed. As for the dead Interpol agent, it's possible she was ripped from some time after the events of BW2, since, as Ultra Wormholes are outside the boundaries of space, they could very well be outside the boundaries of time, as well. It is also possible that the deceased Interpol agent came from an entirely different universe from the "normal" universe and Mega Evolution universe that we are aware of. Part of the premise of my theory is that Fallers can come from anywhere. Otherwise, I could have just as easily said that Ultra Space is the "normal" universe from RBY, GSC, RSE, FRLG, DPPt, HGSS, BW, and BW2.

Either way, you are correct that there is awareness of alternate dimensions in the "normal" universe, but, at least to me, it certainly doesn't seem like enough to warrant Anabel voluntarily entering an Ultra Wormhole shortly after the events of Emerald. After all, two years later, during the Johto and Sinnoh stories, there is no mention of Ultra Wormholes, although it is possible that Anabel's mysterious disappearance is what inspired Cyrus to research alternate dimensions and universes. How funny would it be if he was the one who caused said Ultra Wormhole to appear?

Anyway, all of this is just speculation, but it is fun speculation.

• Do you agree or disagree with this theory?
Agree, for sure.
  • Outside of the main series Pokemon Games, what evidence can you find that either supports or disproves this theory?
We know the Many Worlds Theory to be true in Pokemon, some of the side games take place in other universes.
  • What other in-game evidence can you find that supports this theory?
Well, Cyrus and Lusamine both enter it after something occurring involving Legendary Pokemon. Cyrus enters the Distortion World after using Dialga and Palkia to try to remake his world, and Lusamine enters Ultra Space after using Cosmog to create several Ultra Wormholes.
  • What in-game evidence disproves this theory?
The two areas look nothing alike. Then again, the desert and the rainforest look nothing alike. Maybe they’re different parts of the same area...
  • What are some of your theories about the Fallers, where they come from, and how they "fell" through the Ultra Wormholes?
Well, Zinnia might be a Faller, or the descendant of one. If what you said about Ultra Space/Distortion Realm was true, Zinnia/Zinnia’s ancestor had to go through there to see the Non-ME universe.
  • If Ultra Space and the Distortion World are one and the same, where were the Ultra Beasts during the events of Platinum?
Maybe few UBs enter the part of Ultra Space/Distortion World where Giratina is, because they fear the beast. Or maybe many don’t survive in that area.
  • What other types of theories would you like to see discussed in a future ME's Crackpot Theory Corner?
Something to do with forcefully controlling Pokemon, something we’ve seen happen a lot in the anime and games(Red Chain for example)

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom