• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mentor Program + Contact List

Status
Not open for further replies.
rainbowcloudmew2.png

Rainbow Cloud

Hi I'm Rainbow Cloud and I'm terrible at writing bios as evidenced by my profile page. I'm 28 years old and have been a member on bulba since July 2011 though I only really became active from late 2012 onwards. I've mainly spent most of my time here in F&G though more recently I also spend more time in the Art Gallery and The War Room too. I'm obviously a big fan of Pokemon when it comes to gaming but I'm also a big fan of the Sonic the Hedgehog games. In terms of my favourite Films/TV shows I'm a big sci-fi fan, I'm a fan of Red Dwarf, Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, Doctor Who. Outside the realms of science fiction I'm also a fan of My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic, I became a brony in early 2012. Outside of bulba in the real world I'm a big collector of video games and consoles, having more systems and games than I can count. I'm not that interested in sports but I do like to watch/follow football/soccer and support Liverpool Football Club.

Willing to mentor for playing:
In the future possibly but I feel I still have much to learn myself for the time being.
Mentoring Skills: N/A
Looking for a mentor to improve my play: Yes
Alignment: Any
Goals: Hoping to learn more about all aspects of playing mafia games in order to become more of an all round player for any alignment.
Willing to mentor for hosting: Afraid I don't have any experience of hosting at the moment.
Mentoring Skills: N/A
Looking for a mentor to improve my hosting: Yes
Goals: Hoping to learn more about hosting games such as balancing roles and writing flavour text. Am due to co-host some games for the first time in the near future which should also help me to gain some new experience.

Last edited:
Elementar

Elementar said:
It is now Day 6. You have 48 hours to talk about waffles, the Queen of England, why the game is still going, why no one died and maybe try to persuade @DarthWolf13 to change sides.

Hi everyone. I am Elementar, originally known as 7JayDee7. I joined the forum back in the middle of 2015 (active in the games and anime sections), but didn't become active in the session until early 2016. I've been playing mafia for a little over a year now, and I'm now a regular player and new host. Some of my hobbies include study, sports, music, gaming and foruming. I like Marvel, Pokemon (obviously), Fire Emblem, Zelda, other nerdy stuff such as Star Wars and the show This is Us. My favourite book series is Artemis Fowl (which should be known from the mafia I hosted on it xD). I like creative writing, and as such, I like writing flavour text. I'm always happy to talk, so feel free to PM or DM me.

Due to my ability to control all the elements, I am the Grandmaster Tactician.

Willing to mentor for playing: Yes
Mentoring Skills: Best at OC games and gathering info. Not looking too towny, but getting things done when active. Also good at blending in as scum (in the past anyway. I haven't played it properly for a while, so things may have changed).
Playstyle: Generally a playstyle where I gather info an question others for reactions. Try to last as long as possible, and come up with tactics with roles so they can work together efficiently.
Alignment: Independent and Mafia
Goals:
1. Improving my ability to gain the trust of players even if I'm an indep.
2. How to interact with other mafia members within the game.
3. How to look more towny (I know I didn't write town above, but it would still help).
Willing to mentor for hosting: Yes
Mentoring Skills: Flavor text writing, creating custom roles and structure of Role PMs and posts.
Goals:
1. Be able to create a balanced setup even with a large amount of roles.
2. To be more efficient with time.
3. Become more creative with setup designs.

Notable games:
Town: Mafia: - Zexy Games Mafia II - Endgame - 23/4/2017 I can't remember others.
Mafia: Mafia: - Corrupt?! Mafia - ENDGAME - Mafia Win Mafia: - US Presidential Election 2016 Mafia ENDGAME: Can't Stop Clinton/Feel The Bern (Democrat Victory)
Independent: Mafia: - The 100 Mafia (Endgame - Mafia and Independents Victory) Mafia: - Everybody is Jester Mafia Endgame: ME is a Horrible Human Being 1/4/17 (even though it doesn't count...)

Hosted games: Mafia: - Super Smash Bros. Mafia ~ End Game (Final Destination - 07/09/2016) SCUM WIN Mafia: - Pokémon XY&Z Anime Mafia ~ Endgame (Until the day we meet again...) ~ TOWN AND JESTER WIN! Mafia: - Artemis Fowl Mafia ~ Endgame - (Time Ends) ~ MAFIA AND SURVIVOR WIN Mafia: - Fire Emblem Fates Mafia ~ Endgame ~ (Together We Fall) ~ Vallite Forces Win Mafia: - Fire Emblem Fates Mafia ~ Endgame ~ (Together We Fall) ~ Vallite Forces Win Mafia: - Periodic Table Mafia ~ Endgame Mafia: - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Mafia ~ Signups

Here we go...

aussieeeevee.png

AussieEevee

G'day mate, I'm AussieEevee... A really big Eevee fan that lives in the remote country known as Australia... if the name didn't give either of those things away.
I'm a professional web developer, as well as a volunteer web developer for a charity. I am a massive fan of Pokemon, Mass Effect, Star Wars (Legends), Star Trek, Power Rangers, and a few others. I also love to read (Did you guess that with my love of the Legends universe?).

I'm pretty convinced that I'm the worst mafia player in this forum, which is why I suggested the mentoring program. At the moment, all I do is get myself lynched for no reason.

Because of my tendacy to appear scum when I'm not, I am the Jester. I am independent and have no powers, but oppose no teams.

Willing to mentor for playing: No
Mentoring Skills: None
Playstyle: Stumble around and say things that have no point, get lynched over misunderstandings... and rely heavily on role powers.
Alignment: both
Goals:
As I said in Gen 2 mafia, I do not have the ability to make informed reads myself, which is why I tend to latch on to a more powerful player. I am hoping for a mentor that can sit down with me, and help me learn how to make reads... someone that can work at my pace, and help me improve my game.

As mafia, I want help in learning how to blend in, and avoid detection.
Willing to mentor for hosting: No
Goals:
I would love a mentor that can help me improve my balancing, and help me avoid host mistakes that I have so often made.

Notable games:
Independent: Mafia: - TWR Season '16 Mafia - 9/5/16 - ENDGAME: Everybody Was Elieson... before War Room Day (TOWN WIN)

Ps. Thanks for the role PM style idea, @Maniacal Engineer

The Mentor Queue is now a Thing
Basic Rules of the Mentor Queue:

1. The game can be any sort of game, be it small, large, or undetermined setup.
2. The game must be involved with the mentoring program in some way, shape, or form. (Mentors can be players, mentors can guide players, the Lovers Mafia idea, etc.)
3. For the moment, student/mentor pairings will be determined after signups are complete.
4. People are allowed to signup as students or mentors for these games. They cannot sign up as both.
5. This queue is for mentoring players only. Games where the host will be mentored or mentoring are to be included in the "regular" queues.
6. In accordance with 5, all hosts who wish to host a mentor game must be experienced hosts. This ensures a stable and secure stage for students to learn.
7. Signups work just like for the "regular" queues.

Is it too late to do this?
Willing to mentor for playing: Nope, don't know anywhere enough to mentor anyone.
Alignment: All
Goals:
Improving my play in all aspects of the game. As town, specifically being better at defending myself and analysing posts better. As mafia, just being able to not cause suspicion.
Willing to mentor for hosting: Nope
Looking for a mentor to improve my hosting: Not right now.

You can sign me up as a mentor for playing (all factions/alignments).

Personal bio can be found here. I started playing mafia three years ago (with a couple of hiatuses in-between). My typical playstyle is calculated and aggressive, incorporating elements of game theory and rhetorical analysis. I like to play with the endgame in mind, setting up the necessary pieces for myself or my team to achieve victory. I prefer role-light NOC games because I feel that the more crazy roles there are (although they can be fun), the more the game turns into a dice-rolling, puzzle-solving, alliance-building RPG instead of a mafia game based on actual scumhunting, and reduces the emphasis on skill in favor of luck.

70686.jpg

I'm still having trouble believing that Chocolate is in this game.

Pikochu

Hi hi hi! I'm Pikochu, the resident Pikachu around these parts (Don't point out the spelling mistake in my username, it's intentional). I'm from the San Fracncisco Bay Area with a degree in Applied Physics with some Computer Science background working in industry. Obviously I'm a huge Pokemon fan and my favorite game in the entire Pokemon franchise would have to be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Despite my username, I personally don't identify myself as Pikachu except for theme and online purposes. I do enjoy RPing PMD themes. Other interests are: physics in general, programming, consumer tech, video games, and just going out in general. If you want to get in touch with me, my contact information can be found on my signature. :)

I've been a member of the forums for about three and a half years at the time of writing this bio. My debut game in here would have to be Twitch Plays Pokemon Mafia as Town Vig. I've since then been playing Mafia games here and won three awards in TWR 2016 season, one for each faction (Town, Mafia and ITP). At the time of writing this post, I'm now focusing more on hosting games, mainly Science Mafia games. Outside this section, I'm usually hanging around

Due to my technical and scientific background, I am a scientist.

Willing to mentor for playing: Yes. I know that I will also learn a lot about playing by mentoring new players on playing.
Playstyle: I don't necessarily have a play style but generally speaking, I tend to hold off making judgement right away and ask questions to players before deciding what to do.
Looking for mentor to improve my play: Of course
Alignment: All
Goals: Win more games obviously :p
Willing to mentor for hosting: Sure. My specialties are setup, balance, role PMs, logistics and maintaining great games.
Looking for a mentor to improve my hosting: Of course!
Goals: Writing flavor text and just splitting up responsibilities that comes with hosting.

Notable Played Games: Twitch Plays Pokemon Mafia, Master of the Whoinverse Mafia, Fruit Bowl Mafia I, Build-It! Mafia, Chaos Mafia II, Pokemon XYZ Mafia, Solar System Mafia, Random Messages 2 Mafia

Notable (Co-)Hosted Games: Periodic Table Mafia

I was thinking, what would the handsome staff (and others) think if I invited certain people I think would make good mentor candidates, especially if they were to join as mentors in Ice Cream right now?

I was thinking, what would the handsome staff (and others) think if I invited certain people I think would make good mentor candidates, especially if they were to join as mentors in Ice Cream right now?
One of the things we were considering is that the Bulbagarden War Room community is fairly different from most other War Room communities. Ideally, any mentors would at least be somewhat familiar with how we operate before mentoring the students here.

We wouldn't necessarily be averse to regulars from other communities acting as mentors, but, I would prefer it if they got a bit of a "lay of the land" first.

Speaking from experience, all the experience in the world playing mafia in other communities doesn't mean a thing when you first start playing in a new one. Been at it for a few years but I'm still a complete scrub here in TWR.

Or maybe that's just me. It'd probably be much easier for the mentors as well if they've got a bit of the "lay of the land" first, as ME puts it.

Speaking from experience, all the experience in the world playing mafia in other communities doesn't mean a thing when you first start playing in a new one. Been at it for a few years but I'm still a complete scrub here in TWR.

Or maybe that's just me. It'd probably be much easier for the mentors as well if they've got a bit of the "lay of the land" first, as ME puts it.
It works two ways, especially if you role mafia in your first few games, you can act completely oblivious because people can't use meta on you.
But I do agree, for me it was completely different moving from a forum where I played werewolves to here where we play mafia. Basically the same game, but so many differences between communities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom