• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most hated move?

Stone Edge is the worst move in the game. And Focus Blast. They'll never hit when you want them to >.>

I would say Constrict. Just why does it exist and not work like Bind or Wrap or whatever...

• Revival Blessing: Useless in singleplayer, game-breaking in PvP. The worst thing about this move is that it would be far less broken if it K-O'd the user just like Healing Wish and Lunar Dance do.
  • Minimize: Extremely annoying to battle against in PvP. At least it's quite fun to use in singleplayer.
  • Double Team: Very annoying to battle against in PvP (but not to the same extent as Minimize) but unlike Minimize it's not very fun to use in singleplayer.
  • OHKO moves: Really cheap in PvP despite their poor accuracy.
  • Dark Void: I really hate this move, both pre-nerf and post-nerf. This move single-handely made Darkrai one of the most annoying pokémon to face in PvP (especially in metagames without Sleep Clause like AG) during the Gen IV to VI. It also made Smeargle a nightmare to face in VGC. Now that it got nerfed it's pretty much useless.
  • Synchronoise: Why does this useless move exists? No wonder it got movexited.
  • Dire Claw: 50% chance of inflicting either Poison, Paralysis or Sleep. The fact it's a decently strong damaging move with an approximately16% chance of inflicting Sleep (and the same chance of inflicting other annoying status effects) is enough to make it very annoying. Not only that, but it's also the signature move of one of my least favorite pokémon (Sneasler).
  • Physical Rock-type moves: For a type consisting mostly of physical attackers it has rather poor physical moves.
    • Stone Edge: Powerful but has annoyingly low 80% accuracy and its low PP (5, max. 8) makes it annoying to use as the only Rock STAB on a pokémon.
    • Rock Slide: Decent amount of PP and better accuracy than Stone Edge. Its base power, while adequate, is very unimpressive and its accuracy (90%) is still not very good for move with its base power.
    • Rock Blast: It's one of those moves that hits 2 to 5 times, so requires Loaded Dice for reliable damage output.
    • Rock Tomb: Very weak, but its Speed-lowering effect can be useful in some movesets.
    • Head Smash: Usually useful only on Pokémon with Rock Head* as their ability or on Suicide Leads due to its massive recoil damage.
*Or Magic Guard, but currently there aren't any pokémon with Magic Guard which can learn this move.

Last edited:
Synchronoise: Why does this useless move exists? No wonder it got movexited.
Literally, if the move's drawback was that it was essentially Psychic/Special Close Combat it'd be EVERYWHERE, but what it got instead makes it all but completely useless. (AND WHY CAN UMBREON LEARN IT? AND WHY ISN'T IT SOUND-BASED WHEN IT LITERALLY HAS "NOISE" IN ITS NAME???)

Pretty much every status move. A little showing off of the creature's talents is fine and all, but I mostly just prefer to get the job done.

Like most on this thread, Focus Miss... er... Focus Blast is probably the most notorious and hated move out there. For a move that has the word "Focus" in its name you'd think it'd be more accurate. What's worse is that it's pretty much the only option for certain Mons, like Gengar, Typhlosion, Alakazam, and so on to counter certain Mons/weaknesses. And yet despite Aura Sphere, a much more reliable move, now being a TM/TR, those Mons still don't get it. Like, seriously, GF? You go out of your way to make Aura Sphere a TM/TR and yet you don't give it to the Mons who need it, forcing them to use the infamously bad Focus Blast instead? Shame on you, GF.

Like most on this thread, Focus Miss... er... Focus Blast is probably the most notorious and hated move out there. For a move that has the word "Focus" in its name you'd think it'd be more accurate. What's worse is that it's pretty much the only option for certain Mons, like Gengar, Typhlosion, Alakazam, and so on to counter certain Mons/weaknesses. And yet despite Aura Sphere, a much more reliable move, now being a TM/TR, those Mons still don't get it. Like, seriously, GF? You go out of your way to make Aura Sphere a TM/TR and yet you don't give it to the Mons who need it, forcing them to use the infamously bad Focus Blast instead? Shame on you, GF.
Ah, same here... I really don't like focus miss as well.
Not even one of my Pokémon has focus miss as a learned move.

i hate any accuracy lowering moves, like sand attack, and any moves that can confuse pokémon. they're so annoying and i have such bad luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I pick the explosion moves especially Self-Destruct I always found those moves unnecessary
Very useful in competitive 6v6 if you have a HO team with a hazard lead and need it to get off the field fast to bring in another pokemon, while also possibly eliminating a piece of the opponent’s team or at least dealing chip.

I’d have to agree on evasion-raising moves, for myself. Nothing like getting haxed out of the battle. Dishonourable mention to Attract and its ilk.

Last edited:
My least favorite moves are the signature moves for Kyurem since I am not sure why they gave a legendary mediocre signature moves.

Glaciate is too weak while the other 2 are Sky Attack clones. Freeze Shock being Black Kyurem’s only ice physical move caused it to be the first box art legendary since Suicune to be lower then Ubers for example.

Back
Top Bottom